Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

I am the wrong person to ask...here's why.
    I've got a 3 LNB DirecTV high definition dish, a 12 input boosted multi-switch, 8 DirecTV receivers, 4 of which are high def Tivo dual tuners, 2 other non Tivo high def receivers; I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN GamePlan for 8 years (roughly), and, quite obviously, could not live without the NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Money is no issue for me, simply because of the way I look at it...I live in northern Delaware, am force fed the Eagles (whom I hate as much as grim death), on network TV, and, if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    My NFL Sunday Ticket base cost is grandfathered at $119 per year, with an HD upcharge of...I didn't look at the bill.
    I know, I'm sick.
    Good luck.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"MaxVike" wrote:
    I've got a 3 LNB DirecTV high definition dish, a 12 input boosted multi-switch, 8 DirecTV receivers, 4 of which are high def Tivo dual tuners, 2 other non Tivo high def receivers; I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN GamePlan for 8 years (roughly), and, quite obviously, could not live without the NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Money is no issue for me, simply because of the way I look at it...I live in northern Delaware, am force fed the Eagles (whom I hate as much as grim death), on network TV, and, if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    My NFL Sunday Ticket base cost is grandfathered at $119 per year, with an HD upcharge of...I didn't look at the bill.
    I know, I'm sick.
    Good luck.
    I am glad I am not the only one then.

I too just got the 4x16 boosted multi-switch (after much wrangling with DTV) originally they were trying to split and use a standard 4x8 multiswitch and I was not happy with the way it was jury-rigged and finally got it handled properly.
    4 of my 7 receivers are dual tuner DVRs so that makes 11 lines total needed.

How much does the ESPN Gameplan cost?
    It that the college football package or the college basket ball package?

"Turboe" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I know, I'm sick.
    Good luck.
    I am glad I am not the only one then.

I too just got the 4x16 boosted multi-switch (after much wrangling with DTV) originally they were trying to split and use a standard 4x8 multiswitch and I was not happy with the way it was jury-rigged and finally got it handled properly.
    4 of my 7 receivers are dual tuner DVRs so that makes 11 lines total needed.

How much does the ESPN Gameplan cost?
    It that the college football package or the college basket ball package?
    Beautiful!
    It's the football package, as I'm a Husker fan in Penn State territory.
    I'm grandfathered with this plan too, $99.
    Sad thing is, I need to purchase $29.99 Pay Per View once or twice a year because the Huskers haven't been very good for awhile and they don't warrant the coverage that spoiled us for years.

Re: negotiating with DTV, I don't do it anymore; I've decided to work with the guy that installed our home theater for everything...including ethernet, shared drive and shared printer.
    It's a sickness, however, we are so far from home that it's excusable.

"MaxVike" wrote:
    I know, I'm sick.
    Good luck.
    How the heck did you get grandfathered in at 119.00? I have been a subscriber for 8 or 9 years and have been increased every year. Did you complain or something?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

270 bucks for the ticket, damn! I guess that's only about 16 bucks a vikes game and I would get all the other games too! WOW! I think I'm going to have to invest in that SOON!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"vikinginvirginia" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I know, I'm sick.
    Good luck.
    How the heck did you get grandfathered in at 119.00? I have been a subscriber for 8 or 9 years and have been increased every year. Did you complain or something?
    Didn't complain...I must fit some sort of customer model they have.
    I've spent ALOT of money with them and kept them through 3 moves.
    I think it has to do with paying for the first 3 years upfront when I first joined...as a special promotion.

On a side note, I'm home, 3 weeks into recovering from left total hip replacement and I've watched ALOT of NFL network, ESPN, Vikings Weekly, Football Friday...etc.
    The Vikes are literally getting no coverage.
    There is the occasional Adrian Peterson and/or training camp mention.
    The NFL Live crew (especially Mark Schlereth - class 1 schmuck), is among virtually all who think the Vikes will only win 5 or 6 games.
    If we get mediocre QB play, meaning TD's equal INT's, we win 8 IMO.
    With this much idol time, I have gained an appreciation for the fact that there really isn't an abundance of NFL experts.
    Rather, there is an OVER abundance of people that have opinions masquerading as experts.
    One thing is for sure, our defense is going to punish their opponents week after week...this will be our most aggressive defense in years I believe.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"MaxVike" wrote:
    if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    Tell me about it.
    About a four hour drive for me, and I hold tickets.

• [li]Let's see, 2 season tickets @ $710 each = $1420[/li]
      [li]Parking for 10 games @ approx $25 per game = $250[/li]
      [li]Gas for the 500 mile round trip @ 25 mpg and $3 per gallon X 10 games = $600[/li]
      [li]Hotel for about half of the games (sometimes we drive back that day) @ $125 per night = $625[/li]
      [li]Beer and Food at the game (approx $50 per game) = $500[/li]

• [li]Total I spend on Vikings games each year (not including all the other events like the Draft Party) = $3395[/li]
      [li]Watching my three year old sing "Skol Vikings" at the metrodome after a TD = priceless. ;D[/li]

Yeah, the Sunday Ticket really is a much cheaper alternative... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    Tell me about it.
    About a four hour drive for me, and I hold tickets.

• [li]Let's see, 2 season tickets @ $710 each = $1420[/li]
      [li]Parking for 10 games @ approx $25 per game = $250[/li]
      [li]Gas for the 500 mile round trip @ 25 mpg and $3 per gallon X 10 games = $600[/li]
      [li]Hotel for about half of the games (sometimes we drive back that day) @ $125 per night = $625[/li]
      [li]Beer and Food at the game (approx $50 per game) = $500[/li]

• [li]Total I spend on Vikings games each year (not including all the other events like the Draft Party) = $3395[/li]
      [li]Watching my three year old sing "Skol Vikings" at the metrodome after a TD = priceless. ;D[/li]

Yeah, the Sunday Ticket really is a much cheaper alternative... ;D
    It's only money, you can't take it with you.

I JUST GOT DTV INSTALLED BABY!!!!!!!!!!! how do you get to the nfl ticket area?? does it let you go to those channels yet?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Congrats, I'm very jealous of you.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast