Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 94
  1. #21
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

    I am the wrong person to ask...here's why.
    I've got a 3 LNB DirecTV high definition dish, a 12 input boosted multi-switch, 8 DirecTV receivers, 4 of which are high def Tivo dual tuners, 2 other non Tivo high def receivers; I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN GamePlan for 8 years (roughly), and, quite obviously, could not live without the NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Money is no issue for me, simply because of the way I look at it...I live in northern Delaware, am force fed the Eagles (whom I hate as much as grim death), on network TV, and, if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    My NFL Sunday Ticket base cost is grandfathered at $119 per year, with an HD upcharge of...I didn't look at the bill.
    I know, I'm sick.
    Good luck.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  2. #22
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I am the wrong person to ask...here's why.
    I've got a 3 LNB DirecTV high definition dish, a 12 input boosted multi-switch, 8 DirecTV receivers, 4 of which are high def Tivo dual tuners, 2 other non Tivo high def receivers; I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN GamePlan for 8 years (roughly), and, quite obviously, could not live without the NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Money is no issue for me, simply because of the way I look at it...I live in northern Delaware, am force fed the Eagles (whom I hate as much as grim death), on network TV, and, if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    My NFL Sunday Ticket base cost is grandfathered at $119 per year, with an HD upcharge of...I didn't look at the bill.
    I know, I'm sick.
    Good luck.
    I am glad I am not the only one then.

    I too just got the 4x16 boosted multi-switch (after much wrangling with DTV) originally they were trying to split and use a standard 4x8 multiswitch and I was not happy with the way it was jury-rigged and finally got it handled properly.
    4 of my 7 receivers are dual tuner DVRs so that makes 11 lines total needed.

    How much does the ESPN Gameplan cost?
    It that the college football package or the college basket ball package?

  3. #23
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

    "Turboe" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I am the wrong person to ask...here's why.
    I've got a 3 LNB DirecTV high definition dish, a 12 input boosted multi-switch, 8 DirecTV receivers, 4 of which are high def Tivo dual tuners, 2 other non Tivo high def receivers; I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN GamePlan for 8 years (roughly), and, quite obviously, could not live without the NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Money is no issue for me, simply because of the way I look at it...I live in northern Delaware, am force fed the Eagles (whom I hate as much as grim death), on network TV, and, if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    My NFL Sunday Ticket base cost is grandfathered at $119 per year, with an HD upcharge of...I didn't look at the bill.
    I know, I'm sick.
    Good luck.
    I am glad I am not the only one then.

    I too just got the 4x16 boosted multi-switch (after much wrangling with DTV) originally they were trying to split and use a standard 4x8 multiswitch and I was not happy with the way it was jury-rigged and finally got it handled properly.
    4 of my 7 receivers are dual tuner DVRs so that makes 11 lines total needed.

    How much does the ESPN Gameplan cost?
    It that the college football package or the college basket ball package?
    Beautiful!
    It's the football package, as I'm a Husker fan in Penn State territory.
    I'm grandfathered with this plan too, $99.
    Sad thing is, I need to purchase $29.99 Pay Per View once or twice a year because the Huskers haven't been very good for awhile and they don't warrant the coverage that spoiled us for years.


    Re: negotiating with DTV, I don't do it anymore; I've decided to work with the guy that installed our home theater for everything...including ethernet, shared drive and shared printer.
    It's a sickness, however, we are so far from home that it's excusable.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    201

    Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I am the wrong person to ask...here's why.
    I've got a 3 LNB DirecTV high definition dish, a 12 input boosted multi-switch, 8 DirecTV receivers, 4 of which are high def Tivo dual tuners, 2 other non Tivo high def receivers; I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN GamePlan for 8 years (roughly), and, quite obviously, could not live without the NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Money is no issue for me, simply because of the way I look at it...I live in northern Delaware, am force fed the Eagles (whom I hate as much as grim death), on network TV, and, if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    My NFL Sunday Ticket base cost is grandfathered at $119 per year, with an HD upcharge of...I didn't look at the bill.
    I know, I'm sick.
    Good luck.
    How the heck did you get grandfathered in at 119.00? I have been a subscriber for 8 or 9 years and have been increased every year. Did you complain or something?

  5. #25
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

    270 bucks for the ticket, damn! I guess that's only about 16 bucks a vikes game and I would get all the other games too! WOW! I think I'm going to have to invest in that SOON!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  6. #26
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

    "vikinginvirginia" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I am the wrong person to ask...here's why.
    I've got a 3 LNB DirecTV high definition dish, a 12 input boosted multi-switch, 8 DirecTV receivers, 4 of which are high def Tivo dual tuners, 2 other non Tivo high def receivers; I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN GamePlan for 8 years (roughly), and, quite obviously, could not live without the NFL Sunday Ticket.
    Money is no issue for me, simply because of the way I look at it...I live in northern Delaware, am force fed the Eagles (whom I hate as much as grim death), on network TV, and, if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    My NFL Sunday Ticket base cost is grandfathered at $119 per year, with an HD upcharge of...I didn't look at the bill.
    I know, I'm sick.
    Good luck.
    How the heck did you get grandfathered in at 119.00? I have been a subscriber for 8 or 9 years and have been increased every year. Did you complain or something?
    Didn't complain...I must fit some sort of customer model they have.
    I've spent ALOT of money with them and kept them through 3 moves.
    I think it has to do with paying for the first 3 years upfront when I first joined...as a special promotion.

    On a side note, I'm home, 3 weeks into recovering from left total hip replacement and I've watched ALOT of NFL network, ESPN, Vikings Weekly, Football Friday...etc.
    The Vikes are literally getting no coverage.
    There is the occasional Adrian Peterson and/or training camp mention.
    The NFL Live crew (especially Mark Schlereth - class 1 schmuck), is among virtually all who think the Vikes will only win 5 or 6 games.
    If we get mediocre QB play, meaning TD's equal INT's, we win 8 IMO.
    With this much idol time, I have gained an appreciation for the fact that there really isn't an abundance of NFL experts.
    Rather, there is an OVER abundance of people that have opinions masquerading as experts.
    One thing is for sure, our defense is going to punish their opponents week after week...this will be our most aggressive defense in years I believe.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    Tell me about it.
    About a four hour drive for me, and I hold tickets.

    • [li]Let's see, 2 season tickets @ $710 each = $1420[/li]
      [li]Parking for 10 games @ approx $25 per game = $250[/li]
      [li]Gas for the 500 mile round trip @ 25 mpg and $3 per gallon X 10 games = $600[/li]
      [li]Hotel for about half of the games (sometimes we drive back that day) @ $125 per night = $625[/li]
      [li]Beer and Food at the game (approx $50 per game) = $500[/li]


    • [li]Total I spend on Vikings games each year (not including all the other events like the Draft Party) = $3395[/li]
      [li]Watching my three year old sing "Skol Vikings" at the metrodome after a TD = priceless. ;D[/li]


    Yeah, the Sunday Ticket really is a much cheaper alternative... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    if I lived within a 3 hour drive of Minneapolis, would have 4 Season tickets...far exceeding my obsessive compulsive subscription to DirecTV.
    Tell me about it.
    About a four hour drive for me, and I hold tickets.

    • [li]Let's see, 2 season tickets @ $710 each = $1420[/li]
      [li]Parking for 10 games @ approx $25 per game = $250[/li]
      [li]Gas for the 500 mile round trip @ 25 mpg and $3 per gallon X 10 games = $600[/li]
      [li]Hotel for about half of the games (sometimes we drive back that day) @ $125 per night = $625[/li]
      [li]Beer and Food at the game (approx $50 per game) = $500[/li]


    • [li]Total I spend on Vikings games each year (not including all the other events like the Draft Party) = $3395[/li]
      [li]Watching my three year old sing "Skol Vikings" at the metrodome after a TD = priceless. ;D[/li]


    Yeah, the Sunday Ticket really is a much cheaper alternative... ;D
    It's only money, you can't take it with you.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

    I JUST GOT DTV INSTALLED BABY!!!!!!!!!!! how do you get to the nfl ticket area?? does it let you go to those channels yet?

  10. #30
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

    Congrats, I'm very jealous of you.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ticket to Seattle game this sunday...Free
    By NordicNed in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
  2. I have 1 extra ticket to the Panthers game Sunday!!!!
    By vikeswin2005 in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 07:40 PM
  3. Sunday Ticket
    By Redmption in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 11:05 PM
  4. Direct TV and Sunday Ticket subscribers....
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 11:31 AM
  5. NFL Sunday Ticket
    By packmanxxxi in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 03:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •