Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

I have had it for 3 years now and it is absolutely vital to me now.I cannot imagine watching without it.U get every game thet is not on one of the major broadcasting channels.For example if vikes are playing monday night it wont be on the ticket but on nbc.I get the major channels (cbs fox nbc) on my dish thought free of charge.

When it is stormy...well thats the only time i can complain really.If there is a lot of clouds then u have no choice but to wait until they pass.If u are lucky u might get a signal through the cloud cover but its rare.(when i say cloudcover i dont mean regular clouds i meant thunderstorms)

I also have tivo with my direct tv and i recommend that anyone who watches football gets.I recorded all the vikes games last year.Even if im at work ill just set it and it will record the game on time.That way u have something to watch to get you fired up for the next game or if u want to watch some football during the offseason

now bout the price last year i believe it was 249.99.you dont have to pay all of it at once if u want u can pay the whole year wich means an extra 20 bucks a month for 12 months.Usually i pay for it in 4 months so about 60 bucks a month n top of ur current bill.This covers 17 regular season games and does not cover the playoffs.

Hope that helps you some ;D

Also if i get Directv's internet will that be affected by T-Storms???

and how much does it cost?

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Also if i get Directv's internet will that be affected by T-Storms???

and how much does it cost?
    Im not sure how much it costs but i would advise against getting satelite internet in general.My friend had satelllite internet and overall its not worth it.In terms of speed/price and the fact that u loose the signal if it rains i would say get the internet only if no other service is available in your area.I oersonally would recommend comcast cable (if u dont mind forking over 60 bucks a months for internet) if u are looking for something more down to earth in terms of price then go with verizon high speed dsl wich starts aat 14.99 a months (with decent speeds) or verizon fios wich has the best overall value.Cable speed at half the price.U can get 5mb down and about 2 mb upload speeds for about 34.99 a month

Isnt Verizon satelite internet or no? What internet do you have? There is no way i will pay 65 a month for internet.

Here are some of the options Verizon,Earthlink,AT&T,Qwest,Wildblue...which do you think is the best? Is there some more options?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The direct way by Hughes is the internet through the dish.

If you have the option for Qwest, they might provide the internet service a different way.
    All I know is that if my TV is out, I don't want my internet to be out to.
    Then what would I have to do....... read?
    LOL!

I can't really give you much insight on the service by Qwest or any of the others.
    I get my DirecTV directly from them.
    I get my telephone through ATT and the DSL through ATT also.
    It would be nice to package them all together, but I don't have the option here.

I love the DirecTV though.
    Love the Viking games.
    It is advantageous to have the sports packages when you live well outside the area, that way you avoid area black outs.
    Touchy area!

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Isnt Verizon satelite internet or no? What internet do you have? There is no way i will pay 65 a month for internet.

Here are some of the options Verizon,Earthlink,AT&T,Qwest,Wildblue...which do you think is the best? Is there some more options?
    I have comcast cable wich is 60 a month but im switching soon.Wild blue is satlelite interent wich i would stay away from.The safest option is verizon.The only thing is what kind of speed do you need?Do you want slightly above dialup? do you want something thats would allow you to dl movies in about 15 minutes/.Do you want something for online gaming?

Here are a few sites to heck out i would go with verizon high speed dsl or the fios but i put comcast in as well.

verizon hispeed dsl
    http://www22.verizon.com/content/consumerdsl/plans/all+plans/all+plans.htm

verizon fios (best overall package is the 39.99 one in terms of speed and price)
    http://www22.verizon.com/content/consumerfios/packages+and+prices/packages+and+prices.htm

if you want the fastest stuff (except for the 179.99 fios plan) then go with comcast
    http://www.comcastinfo.com/high_speed_internet.html

once again it all depends what speed you want.I use my computer a lot for fast dl and internet gaming.For myself i would get the 39.99 fios.But im not sure what u would need

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Usually internet service is high through Direct TV. Check with your local phone company & cable provider first & compare that with those searched on the internet. Usually you type your zip code in to see if it's available to you.

I get 1.5Mbps service thru my phone company

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I have Directv (NFL Package, local channels and the High Def package, no movie channels) along with Verizon Fios as my ISP.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Middle Package only comes with 4 recivers doesnt it how much would i cost to add 1 or 2 more??.....Plus if you buy the sports package does it only have the local channels?? for EX:Illinois get Comcast Chicago(Basic Cable) but with the sports pack would get FSN north and south for $12 dollars extra

Do you have Choice or Choice extra...Do you know what extra channels you will get?
    I am on the road now for the week, so I dont know what all channels I get and dont get, but I think the extra boxes are like 4.95 per month.
    I have 3 (soon to be 4) TiVo/DVR's mixed in with the rest of the boxes.
    As long as you have a certain level of service or above (I am not sure exactly what level that is) the DVR service is free otherwise with the base package I think it might be $5 a month (flat rate regardless of how many DVRs you have).

Thats all I can think of right now.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If you are going to get the Sunday Ticket and have an HD TV(Especially a big one) then you for sure want to spring for the superfan package that has the games in HD. It makes a huge difference when the screen size gets bigger.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast