Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

Damnit I thought you had to have superfan to get ANYTHING in HD.

How many games (and which games) are you able to see in HD w/o the Superfan package?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Ok, long story short(kind of)
    We got sick of our cable provider jerking us around, so we decide to get directv. I call, they can be here only 2 days later, hell yeah. We already had our charter equipment unplugged, and they had already called notifying that they wil be out to pick it up. The directv guy gets here(early ;D) and he goes up on the roof to see about satellite signal capability. He comes down and says SD is no problem, but there are too many trees for HD. We are so sick of charter, we are willing to go from charter HD to directv SD. I really wanted the whole thing, as in HD DVR in the living room and basic receiver in the bedroom. Well, since that point i realized i could have them do a 'relocate' to the roof next to ours and have the wiring ran into my place. We live in the middle building of 3 identical ones. So, i call before sept. 1, but the earliest they can be here is sept. 27, so i take the appt. anyway. He calls yesterday, while i am dropping my wife off at work, and he's here early again. I get home, he does his thing. BUT, instead of getting the HD DVR and having it hooked up to my 56" DLP HDTV, it will be a 19" CRT, because the damn HD signal is out and they can't get here until monday. The bulb is out on my DLP, but i have a 19" LCD that would substituted just fine. I assume it has something to do with the HD signal, because the directv works fine in the bedroom. I took the receiver from there, and that's what i'll be watching today's game and nfl ticket on
    >. We have max channels now, and get them for free because we are paying for sunday ticket. Just like someone else said, we may downgrade to a lesser package once we have to pay the $30 difference between sunday ticket and the package we are getting for free.

THE BOTTOM LINE: I am bummed out that the HD only worked for 20 hours, 7 of which i was asleep, so i don't know what time it went out, but it was working great at 12:30 this morning when i turned it off and went to bed.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

GALLY is offline Starter

"ThorSPL" wrote:

How many games (and which games) are you able to see in HD w/o the Superfan package?
    In order to get all games in HD you have to get the Superfan deal for an extra $100.
    This is a huge rip-off in that you pay $250 for the Sunday ticket, $10/month for HD programming and then they want an extra $100 to get all the games in HD.
    It is wrong and they are holding you hostage.

I typically get the locally televised in games in HD only and all other are not.
    I refuse to pay the extra $100 after already forking out a ton of money as it is.....

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"GALLY" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

In order to get all games in HD you have to get the Superfan deal for an extra $100.
    This is a huge rip-off in that you pay $250 for the Sunday ticket, $10/month for HD programming and then they want an extra $100 to get all the games in HD.
    It is wrong and they are holding you hostage.

I typically get the locally televised in games in HD only and all other are not.
    I refuse to pay the extra $100 after already forking out a ton of money as it is.....
    Someone has to help pay for the HD cameras........ it isn't going to be me, I don't have a HD tv yet.
    Have at it for those that need it.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910