Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

Are there any Directv users on here? If so will you give me some reviews?...How do you manage to pay for Directv,Phone,Internet how much does it cost all together? When it storms how long does the service go out for?.....Those are pretty much the only ?'s i have..Oh wait is the sports package great?? It includeds 25 sports channels doesnt it?

Thanks i would apperciate the help.........BTW this is my 99th post ;D

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: DirecTV/SUNDAY NFL TICKET

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Are there any Directv users on here? If so will you give me some reviews?...How do you manage to pay for Directv,Phone,Internet how much does it cost all together? When it storms how long does the service go out for?.....Those are pretty much the only ?'s i have..Oh wait is the sports package great?? It includeds 25 sports channels doesnt it?

Thanks i would apperciate the help.........BTW this is my 99th post ;D
    I will try it.
    I have had Direct TV (and the NFL ticket) for 2 years (2 seasons) now, and I love it.
    I cannot imagine being without it now.
    I used to see about 2-4 Vikings games a year, now I see them all.
    Combined with a DVR/TiVo unit it makes for a great season.

I have the middle package (I dont have all the movie channels or any phone or internet through DTV) and it normally runs me about $60 a month.
    Then when the NFL ticket comes around it is about $200 (which they break up into 4 payments added on your bill for 4 consecutive months).

We get some pretty good thunderstorms down here in SC, and in two years I can only recall 2 or 3 times that the signal has been interupted during a storm.
    And then only for a few minutes.

I dont actually know exactly how many sports channels I have, but I have all the ESPN's as well as some regional sports channels.
    Also DTV is the only way to go for HD broadcasts if you are into that.
    I get more HD channels than my buddies who have cable, and there are supposed to be like 100+ more HD channels coming in the next year.

Now I will say the only pain in the neck part of DTV is that you have to have a set top box for every TV, and if you have a bunch (I have 7 TVs in the house) it gets to be a little more cumbersome than Cable, that is the only possible negative I can think of.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

When you order DIRECTV® service you can add NFL® Sunday Ticket® for only $269 (or 5 pay option of $53.80).
    Don't get the Super Fan extra. It's not worth it in my estimation.
    I have my internet separate from Direct TV. Using the Direct TV for your internet has a very pricy startup cost. Of course, in some areas of the coountry it's the only option other than dial-up which is a total pain.
    If you have a bad thunderstorm rolling in, it will block the TV as long as the storm is in the direction of the Satallite you lock onto. That could be for just a few minutes or up to a half-hour depending on the severity of the storm.
    I think mine goes out probably 6 times a year for a bit from bad storms.
    The Sports Channel is just OK. I get it because the Outdoor Channel is included and occasionally there is a Twins Game on as well as Minnesota hockey.
    If you are a college football fan the ESPNU is a good channel and at the end of August they are adding the "Big Ten Channel" on 220 which will broadcast Big Ten Schools football and basketball. The Gopher/Bowling Green game will be the first game on. And you also get the NFL Network if you are a football junkie which is worth a watch.
    Al in all, it's a good deal if you are a real true follower of college and NFL foootball.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

You have the middle package??.........Do you get 4 months free this yr or no?.....Because right now the offer for the Primeir Package is 4 months free and it cost $70 a month......Do have DSL internet and Phone or no.....How much does it cost all together?

I didnt know you could get NFL package with the middle pack

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    You have the middle package??.........Do you get 4 months free this yr or no?.....Because right now the offer for the Primeir Package is 4 months free and it cost $70 a month......Do have DSL internet and Phone or no.....How much does it cost all together?

You can get Sunday Ticket with any DirecTV
    package....Get DirecTV you won't regret it.

"DaVizzles" wrote:

No I got that special when I signed up, I got every channel (including a ton of movie channels) as well as the Sunday NFL Ticket the first time for like $70 but once the NFL Ticket ended at the end of the season, the package for all those channels went up to about $100 so I just backed it down to the middle package at that time.
    I have stayed with that middle package since and just paid for the NFL Ticket when it comes around again.

When it is time to re-up your NFL ticket they usually offer some kind of early bird special if you pay early and knock something off your price.
    I think you can just set it up to automatically re-up you next season.
    This year they ran a one day special that they notified some customers about that if you renewed on that particual day they gave you teh Superfan deal on top of it for free.
    Someone can correct me if I am mistaken but I think the Superfan is needed if you want to get all the games in HD.

By the way check in on the "What do you do for a living" thread a couple pages back there is someone that works for Direct TV on here, he probably knows more than I do.

Ok how much would this all cost put together??

Middle Package of Directv...about $45 right?
    NFL Sunday Ticket
    Sports Package
    Vonage Phone service
    Some kind of fast speed internet....right now i have Insight Broadband but i cant have that with DTV so which would you recommand? What do you have?

Each Month

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Ok how much would this all cost put together??

Middle Package of Directv...about $45 right?
    NFL Sunday Ticket
    Sports Package
    Vonage Phone service
    Some kind of fast speed internet....right now i have Insight Broadband but i cant have that with DTV so which would you recommand? What do you have?

Each Month
    Yes on Middle package, mine is more because of how many TV's I have

NFL Ticket is $200-250 one time per year (or broken up over the season monthly)

I have the Digital Plus package right now that gets me most of the sports channels I think so I dont know if there is more than that available.

No ideal about Vonage?

My high speed is through Bell South my land line phone provider and runs about $36 a month I think.

Middle Package only comes with 4 recivers doesnt it how much would i cost to add 1 or 2 more??.....Plus if you buy the sports package does it only have the local channels?? for EX:Illinois get Comcast Chicago(Basic Cable) but with the sports pack would get FSN north and south for $12 dollars extra

Do you have Choice or Choice extra...Do you know what extra channels you will get?

Channel Number Call Sign Channel Title
    602 TVG TVG, Interactive Horseracing
    606 OUT Outdoor Channel
    607 SC Speed Channel
    608 VS VERSUS
    610 CSTV CSTV: College Sports Television
    612 FUEL FUEL TV
    613 FSC Fox Soccer Channel
    614 Gol GolTV
    620 FOXE FOX Sports NEW ENGLAND
    621 MSG Madison Square Garden