Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    bigfattty is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    17

    Direct TV or Dish network?

    Moving into a new house and had planned on getting direct tv so I could get the nfl ticket, but a friend of mine has dish network and told me for about 5 bucks I can order any game I want.
    Is that true?
    What service do you have and if you had to do all over again what would you get?

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Direct TV or Dish network?

    I think Directv has the market on the football games.

    You can get ESPN games and the Redzone though, judging by thier programing.

    http://www.dish-systems.com/programming/sports.php
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    kelmino's Avatar
    kelmino is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    69

    Re: Direct TV or Dish network?

    Dish is supposedly cheaper, but if you want to watch all the NFL games on your TV your only choice is DirecTV.

    If you live in Minnesota and only care about watching local games then sure go for Dish Network.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Direct TV or Dish network?

    IMHO Dish has the better user interface, better DVR, better HD channel lineup, and better prices. Plus they lease your receiver to you as opposed to making you spend $200 and buy one.
    This is pretty important because a typical receiver is only intended to last about 4 years.
    Dish also allows you to run local channels over the air in HD, and incorporates them into the guide and DVR as well.

    However, your friend was a little off regarding the football games.
    Dish does NOT have any kind of NFL game ticket.
    Direct TV is the only one for that.
    They do carry NFL RedZone (which is a really, really good for watching all the games live).
    If you are in the local Vikings market, you will get the games locally anyway.

    I would definately recommend Dish over DirectTV.
    However, if you need the Sunday Ticket, then DirectTV is the only one that offers it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Direct TV or Dish network?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    IMHO Dish has the better user interface, better DVR, better HD channel lineup, and better prices. Plus they lease your receiver to you as opposed to making you spend $200 and buy one.
    This is pretty important because a typical receiver is only intended to last about 4 years.
    Dish also allows you to run local channels over the air in HD, and incorporates them into the guide and DVR as well.

    However, [size=10pt]your friend was a little off regarding the football games[/size].
    Dish does NOT have any kind of NFL game ticket.
    Direct TV is the only one for that.
    They do carry NFL RedZone (which is a really, really good for watching all the games live).
    If you are in the local Vikings market, you will get the games locally anyway.

    I would definately recommend Dish over DirectTV.
    However, if you need the Sunday Ticket, then DirectTV is the only one that offers it.
    LOL, I know his friend almost as well as I know Big Fatty.
    He is more than a little off if you know what I mean.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Direct TV or Dish network?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    IMHO Dish has the better user interface, better DVR, better HD channel lineup, and better prices. Plus they lease your receiver to you as opposed to making you spend $200 and buy one.
    This is pretty important because a typical receiver is only intended to last about 4 years.
    Dish also allows you to run local channels over the air in HD, and incorporates them into the guide and DVR as well.

    However, your friend was a little off regarding the football games.
    Dish does NOT have any kind of NFL game ticket.
    Direct TV is the only one for that.
    They do carry NFL RedZone (which is a really, really good for watching all the games live).
    If you are in the local Vikings market, you will get the games locally anyway.

    I would definately recommend Dish over DirectTV.
    However, if you need the Sunday Ticket, then DirectTV is the only one that offers it.
    DISH offers a better guide & search features as well.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #7
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Direct TV or Dish network?

    Direct TV for sure.

    It rocks!

  8. #8
    kelmino's Avatar
    kelmino is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    69

    Re: Direct TV or Dish network?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Plus they lease your receiver to you as opposed to making you spend $200 and buy one.
    This is pretty important because a typical receiver is only intended to last about 4 years.
    I just got DirecTV in August for the NFL Ticket.
    They did not make me buy a receiver and am able to lease each of mine for 5 bucks a piece including the HD DVR Receiver.

    Actually the deal they had was great at the time.
    59.99 a month for the 1st 5 months for every channel including all the premium channels, plus the NFL Ticket.
    While it's not a great deal now that the season is half way over, it was a great deal at the time, especially considering I was going to get it no matter what they charged me.

    After the 1st 5 months I'm allowed to lower my package to whatever I want, so I won't have the premium channels anymore.
    No big deal for me.
    But I basically got the NFL package for free this year.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Direct TV or Dish network?

    "kelmino" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Plus they lease your receiver to you as opposed to making you spend $200 and buy one.
    This is pretty important because a typical receiver is only intended to last about 4 years.
    I just got DirecTV in August for the NFL Ticket.
    They did not make me buy a receiver and am able to lease each of mine for 5 bucks a piece including the HD DVR Receiver.

    Actually the deal they had was great at the time.
    59.99 a month for the 1st 5 months for every channel including all the premium channels, plus the NFL Ticket.
    While it's not a great deal now that the season is half way over, it was a great deal at the time, especially considering I was going to get it no matter what they charged me.

    After the 1st 5 months I'm allowed to lower my package to whatever I want, so I won't have the premium channels anymore.
    No big deal for me.
    But I basically got the NFL package for free this year.
    LOL, you quoted me instead of the right person.......I've had DirectTV since the early to mid 90's I think.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Direct TV or Dish network?

    I go with DirecTv and have had it for over a decade. We have had Sunday Ticket as long as I can remember.

    What we get with DirectTv is the Superfan package that gives me all of the games in HD. In this area DirecTv is the only dish that can give you local channels(Dish paid a big fine a few years back for offering locals illegally) and I like the interface better than dish. I guess that is all subjective.

    we just upgraded to a HD DVR and then got an email from DirecTv stating that due to our loyalty they were giving us another 2 HD DVR's free which I took them up on so we now have 3 DVR's and I can record a total of 6 things at a time between the three of them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre to dish out his autograph for $400
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 07:18 AM
  2. If you have Direct TV, You got to get one of these.
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 06:19 AM
  3. Thank god for NFL Ticket and Direct TV
    By wyorob in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 09:43 PM
  4. I did it.....I ordered direct tv
    By VikingsM4 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-14-2005, 04:19 PM
  5. Direct TV
    By tlk23 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 04:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •