Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct TV

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Direct TV

Does anyone here have Direct TV? If so, how much is it, do you like it, are there any hidden charges, and should I get it?

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Direct TV

I think its the only way to go. If you like football get the NFL ticket, too, it's a must.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

PhillyVikes is offline Starter

Direct TV

I love it, I live in Philly so it is a must have, also they are giving the NFL Ticket for free for new subscribers right now, that $200 you wouldnt have to spend to see all Vikings games. 2 more great things about Directv is 1) NFL Network nothing but 24/7 nfl football, 2) the greatest thing of them all TIVO (dvr) it will change the way you watch tv!!! Only down fall must have a clear view of the southern sky, and if not you will lose picture during severe storms. Hope that helps..

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Direct TV

I also have it. I love it except for like someone said when there are severe thunderstorms from the south you will lose your picture for a while or when we get a lot of snow you sometimes have to go sweep the dish off. Ours runs around 50.00 or so a month but we get all channels with the exception of any of the additional pay movie channels like hbo etc. You get the NFL Network though which a lot of cable companies do not have as part of their regular programming. It would be a little cheaper though if you only have one receiver it is like an extra 6.00 for the second receiver a month and then also like 5 or 6 bucks to get your local channels but like I said it average around 50.00 a month for us which includes the xtra receiver and local channels.

Direct TV

I got an advertisment in the mail and it said that there is a 150 deposit that has to be paid.

Direct TV

That isn't the deal for you then. Go to Best Buy - (shameless plug for my company) and you will get free installation and probably a second receiver for the cost of one receiver which is generally like 99.00... if that 150.00 is what you pay overall for all the equipment etc then it is not that bad of a deal I guess. But for the service only I cannot see why you would have to pay any kind of deposit.

Direct TV

How much is installation? Programming is around $40-$50 isn't. Total cost would equal ?

Direct TV

Like I said if you purchase the receiver which I think is like 99.00 from some place like best buy the installation if usually free and they usually also give you a second receiver for free. I don't know how much installation is generally. I am betting the offer you got in the mail is what direct tv charges to install but I am not sure then if they lease you so to speak the receiver etc or if you purchase it. Usually I would say if you purchase the receiver whether it be from Best Buy for directly from Direct Tv the installation is generally going to be free. So to start your direct tv I would say it will cost you generally around 100.00 for start up costs and then run you around 50.00 a month for the service that is depending on which channels you want obviously if you want extra channels that don't come with the basic service it will cost you more a month. But we get like hundreds of channels with just the basic service.

Direct TV

I just went to Direct Tv's website and they have an awesome promotion going on right now that I think someone mentioned earlier especially if you were thinking about ordering the NFL Ticket. The promotion is if you sign up for NFL Ticket you will get 4 free months of the normal Total Choice Premeire programming as well as getting all the equipment free for up to three rooms. So if you pay 62.25 I think it said for four months for the NFL Ticket you get all the receivers and dish as well as the basic programming free for the four month's that you are paying the 62.25 for the NFL Ticket. After that you would probably pay around 50.00-60.00 buck a month for regular programming. In order to get the free installation though you will have to have to subsribe to the programming for at least a year. So basically for the price you would pay for the normal programming anyway you will not only get direct tv programming you will also get the NFL Sunday Ticket plus all the receivers and dish plus the installation. Not a bad deal if you ask me... I wish I didn't already have direct tv so I was eligible for this offer...

Direct TV

DirectTV is a football lover's dream. Not only do you get the NFL network, if you live outside of Minnesota you can watch all of the games via the NFL Direct Ticket. The picture quality is way better than cable and you get many more channels with the basic package than most full cable subscriptions. The problems with sattelite/DirectTV is the contract you agree upon when you subscribe (a year contract) and possible weather related interuptions (but this really depends on where you live).

But hey...Subscribe directly through DirectTV...don't go through a middle-man like a local sattelite guy or a store like Best Buy because they will either charge you for installation or the receiver. If you go directly through DirectTV (via thier website) the installation and receivers should both be free. Just watch what package you sign up for. A good friend of mine just did this so he could watch his beloved Patriots and he couldn't be happier (just wait till the games start).
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast