Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dike Luke!!! Marches into Madness

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I spent time and put thought in my post and for someone to come in and screw with it when I asked people not to is rude and blatant.

Also, it could have asked in a better manner, just like I could have acted in a better manner. It was blatant hijacking.
    Dude, you put it in the title KNOWING what was coming...THAT was blatant BAITING...and I gave you just what you were fishing for!

However, I did suggest rational solution...just name it The OFFICIAL March Madness thread is that is what you want it to be!
    Justify it anyway you want, you are wrong and you are unwilling to admit it.

I apologize for my comment made out of frustration, I am now done!
    I ADMIT that I was wrong for rising up and taking the bait...I KNEW that it would cause a ruckus and I was wrong for doing that.

BUT my point still stands that if you want THIS THREAD to be the OFFICIAL March Madness thread, then you should call it that...and without the propaganda attached.

Make a seperate thread to glorify DOOK...and I will promise to keep my negative commentary out of it.

I apologize for my part in this as well...of course, it should (and could) have been handled better...but it happens sometimes.
    Thank you!

I welcome criticism, but I won't stand for ridicule.

I am also tired of trying to "HAVE TO" find creative ways to post my opinions about the College team that I KNOW the most about and might be a bit biased towards. I also want to hear honest opinions form other knowledgable posters, that is why I stated it as I did. I was not trying to bait anyone, I was just trying to creatively not get harassed, forget it, I am not going to poke fun at myself(teams) anymore. Like I said, if liking at team and talking about them is baiting, then I don't know what to do.

In a previous thread, I had asked for this to stop and I was hoping it had.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I spent time and put thought in my post and for someone to come in and screw with it when I asked people not to is rude and blatant.

Also, it could have asked in a better manner, just like I could have acted in a better manner. It was blatant hijacking.
    Dude, you put it in the title KNOWING what was coming...THAT was blatant BAITING...and I gave you just what you were fishing for!

However, I did suggest rational solution...just name it The OFFICIAL March Madness thread is that is what you want it to be!
    Justify it anyway you want, you are wrong and you are unwilling to admit it.

I apologize for my comment made out of frustration, I am now done!
    I ADMIT that I was wrong for rising up and taking the bait...I KNEW that it would cause a ruckus and I was wrong for doing that.

BUT my point still stands that if you want THIS THREAD to be the OFFICIAL March Madness thread, then you should call it that...and without the propaganda attached.

Make a seperate thread to glorify DOOK...and I will promise to keep my negative commentary out of it.

I apologize for my part in this as well...of course, it should (and could) have been handled better...but it happens sometimes.
    Thank you!

I welcome criticism, but I won't stand for ridicule.
    You root for DOOK don't you...you should be used to the ridicule!

JUST KIDDING!!!

But seriously, my suggestion stands...YES, I appreciate the work that went into your analysis of March Madness...and think that it has substantial merit and deserves to be here on the board for all to see, analyze and debate...BUT if you want to reach a much broader and more diverse audience, a more generic and all-inclusive thread title would better facilitate maximum exposure and participation in the subject matter.

GO HEELS!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Snow, I don't have the energy to get into it about Puke today but how can you say Illannoy looks to be a 2-3 seed. Anything short of a Big Ten tourny title and they are a 3 at best. They are not peaking, they are on a downward spiral. Recently losing to Ohio State, PENN STATE at home, and now Michigan. They have Dee Brown who is talented as all hell but no other guard play and there only post presents is Augustine, who get owned in the paint regularly by more talented players. Bruce Weber is a joke without his two lotto picks from last year. If there is a Big Ten team to fear in the tourny its Ohio State. It pains me to say this but they play very good defense, especially in the paint. They also jack up a ton of threes, which when they are falling should strike fear into anyone who faces them in the tourny because all it takes is one hot day to knock off the best in the tourny.

I also disagree with you about Gonzaga. They play no defense. Scoring has obviously not been a problem but they can't go against a complete run-and-gun offense and expect to just outscore them. I love Few but like most West coast teams, they play zero defense which is a death sentence in March.

[color=red]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

All I gotta say is....GO DUKE!!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SCREW DUKE, lets see how they will be next year when little ol' J.J. Reddick is gone!! North Carolina lost all starting 5 and 1 freshman bench player last year AND they are still 23rd in the nation!!! North Carolina is going to do GREAT next year and i will bet on that!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Carolina's nothin' this year. They'll go down in flames in the tourney!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

it doesn't matter about the tourny, N.C. wasn't even picked to be in the top 100!!! Now look, they almost beat Duke a couple of weeks ago!!! Don't think Duke is going anywhere in the tourny either!!! If they can't even thrash on N.C. with 3 starting freshman, how are they going to beat Uconn???

P.S. i think Morrison will either win the Player of the Year or J.J. and Morrison will split the honors! Morrison is beating Reddick in every scoring catagory but Morrison doesn't have to play in the tough ACC so it will be interesting how they decide who gets it!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    it doesn't matter about the tourny, N.C. wasn't even picked to be in the top 100!!! Now look, they almost beat Duke a couple of weeks ago!!! Don't think Duke is going anywhere in the tourny either!!! If they can't even thrash on N.C. with 3 starting freshman, how are they going to beat Uconn???

P.S. i think Morrison will either win the Player of the Year or J.J. and Morrison will split the honors! Morrison is beating Reddick in every scoring catagory but Morrison doesn't have to play in the tough ACC so it will be interesting how they decide who gets it!!!
    You truly are an idiot. If you can't see that UNC is a lot better than people thought, then you know nothing about college hoops. No one could have predicted that Tyler Hansbrough would be dropping 20 a night. He is NBA material this year and will probably go pro in the next 2 years.

Saying that Duke isn't good because they didnt thrash UNC is just straight ignorant. Don't get me wrong. I hate duke as much as the next guy but they are a great team. They have 2 all americans and JJ is pretty much unstoppable. He puts up 20 and they say he has a bad game. Just please... stop bashing duke. I hate them too but they are a good team and you can't take that away from them. UNC has ripped apart many good teams this year but that doesn't mean that the good teams are bad. Is NC State a crappy team because they got blown out by UNC? NO.

Sports don't work that way buddy. Get your facts straight.

In rivalry games it's not that often that one team will just tear apart another team no matter how many all americans, all-stars or HOFers. That is a sad example. Just face it that Duke is a contender year in and year out. They are the New York Yankees of college basketball. Granted they don't win it every year but they always have a shot. I have no problem with people hating Duke because that is what sports is all about, hating the Goliaths and rootin' for your own team, but give me something solid when you try to trash them!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I can't stand that Yankee's of college basketball crap. The ONLY similarity is that the east coast media has a perpetual hard on for each of them and that is it. Something solid to bash them: They NEVER have and never will do a home and home with a great or even good non-conference opponent. K doesn't have the guts and he knows its not in his best interest. How about the two times in the 90's they missed the NCAA's. That is pathetic. So pathetic I don't have the energy to explain how pathetic it is. No player outside of Brand has ever done a thing at the next level. Coach K is a foul mouthed, whiney rat. Without three lotto picks on the roster (the only one on that squad to come close to doing anything at the next level is Boozer-not a lotto pick- the threes lottos are complete busts) he hasn't won a damn thing in 15 years. I don't think there is a conspiracy, but Duke gets more calls than any team. I truly believe that to be true. That doesn't even bother me as much as the fact that when they got manhandled at the Final Four, K cried about the refs screwing them. What a joke. ESPN does all their recruiting for them and he still gets outrecruited by Roy, Self, and now Matta. Reddick is a damn good player but so overhyped it makes people hate Duke when they should hate the media. He's called by all the comentators the best shooter ever. How come Salim Staudamire was better than him in every shooting category and nobody knew it? Hating Duke isn't like hating the Yankees. People hate the Yankees bacause they always have the best players and many consider it an unfair advantage. Hatred of the Yankees stems from jelousy. Hatred of Duke stems from people being sick of getting force fed them as the holiest of holy basketball programs, especially when historically there is no way they are in the top 4. 5th is probably fair but no higher and that isn't debatable unless you want to get owned in this thread. 5th is very very good, but people who think for themselves don't appreciate the media constantly telling us how they are the best, and that leads to probably some misdirected hate for the team.

[color=red]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast