Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Dig Deep - Vikings Fans Donate

    "Skoal_Vikings" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    huh
    what?

    a local radio station down here was trying to fill 3 tractor-trailors with items for the victims of katrina, and i went down there and contributed some items to their drive. i urge everone else to help out as they can as well.
    That's what I am talking about!

    It is nice to hear what different areas of the US are doing in an effort to help.

  2. #12
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Dig Deep - Vikings Fans Donate

    The Vikings were having a donation drive today! They are trying to collect toiletries and clothing. They are sending trucks down Louisiana and distributing them out of LSU.


    I stopped and dropped off about $300.00 dollars worth of tooth brushes, tooth paste, hair brushes, deoderant, children & baby clothing, shoes and flip flops.

    I went to 3 different dollar stores and a family discount store and I got some great deals! They need quantity not quality!

    Corey Chavous was working the cash donation kettle, and Mike Tice was in a truck packing stuff in.

    There was about 40 cars lined up to drop stuff off and they had 1 truck full and working on another one about 12:30.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  3. #13
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Dig Deep - Vikings Fans Donate

    Has anybody heard from vikingned? I think he lives down in nawlins, I hope he's ok.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  4. #14
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Dig Deep - Vikings Fans Donate

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Has anybody heard from vikingned? I think he lives down in nawlins, I hope he's ok.
    I thought he was from Conn. Correct me if I am wrong. He was talking about the triple AAA teams and if I remember right it was in the NE area.

  5. #15
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Dig Deep - Vikings Fans Donate

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    The Vikings were having a donation drive today! They are trying to collect toiletries and clothing. They are sending trucks down Louisiana and distributing them out of LSU.


    I stopped and dropped off about $300.00 dollars worth of tooth brushes, tooth paste, hair brushes, deoderant, children & baby clothing, shoes and flip flops.

    I went to 3 different dollar stores and a family discount store and I got some great deals! They need quantity not quality!

    Corey Chavous was working the cash donation kettle, and Mike Tice was in a truck packing stuff in.

    There was about 40 cars lined up to drop stuff off and they had 1 truck full and working on another one about 12:30.
    Great news Whack thanks for the info!!!!

  6. #16
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Dig Deep - Vikings Fans Donate

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Has anybody heard from vikingned? I think he lives down in nawlins, I hope he's ok.
    I thought he was from Conn. Correct me if I am wrong. He was talking about the triple AAA teams and if I remember right it was in the NE area.

    Oh, maybe he is. I guess I just thought since he raised roosters and had cock fights that he was from nawlins! Oh well, I guess I was just being stereotypical, my bad. Sorry if I offended anyone

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  7. #17
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Dig Deep - Vikings Fans Donate

    From Tribune article:

    The Vikings collected nearly 70,000 pounds of clothing, toiletries and other supplies for victims of Hurricane Katrina. Dozens of players joined staff members, coaches, owner Zygi Wilf, his wife, Audrey, and daughter, Stephanie, in unloading items and packing them into five moving trucks.

    Cars began arriving four hours before the scheduled noon start, and a line of cars snaked around the Winter Park facility for much of the day. Tice, who spent almost three hours packing a truck, said he was "overwhelmed" by the response.


    "It is certainly very emotional to me," Tice said. "This was an example of Americans helping Americans."

    The trucks will be sent this week to Baton Rouge, La., and the supplies will be distributed by the football equipment manager at LSU.

    Hopefully we put a lot of viking t-shirts in there.

  8. #18
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Dig Deep - Vikings Fans Donate

    Purple Pat has Saints tickets up for auction:

    http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13375

    Webby, I hope you can sticky this here for the next week rather than moving it to the classifieds.

    I'm selling my Vikings-Saints game tickets on eBay and giving the proceeds to hurricane relief. The only payment I'll take on the auction is a money order or cashier's check made out to the American Red Cross. Here is a link to the auction:

    cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...%3AIT&rd=1

    If you have the financial means and have any desire to go to the game, I encourage you to bid on these tickets and have your dollars go to a good cause

  9. #19
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Dig Deep - Vikings Fans Donate

    Yeah, we all need to do our part.

    BTW, SnowInApril...why hasn't Webby given you a title yet? You've made 2600 posts, AND started the "Cheer UP Vikes Fans" thread, which is undisputably the greatest thread EVER! :lol: :twisted:

    Alright, everyone! Take out your pitchforks, picket signs, and torches!!! We're storming the Webmaster's office! :brave:


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  10. #20
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Dig Deep - Vikings Fans Donate

    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    Yeah, we all need to do our part.

    BTW, SnowInApril...why hasn't Webby given you a title yet? You've made 2600 posts, AND started the "Cheer UP Vikes Fans" thread, which is undisputably the greatest thread EVER! :lol: :twisted:

    Alright, everyone! Take out your pitchforks, picket signs, and torches!!! We're storming the Webmaster's office! :brave:
    I am on the naughty list with Santa Claus and he is friends with Webby. I thought that list was confidential, you know the Client/Santa privilege. It is because of the Cheer Up thread that I am on the naughty list.

    Back to the thread, I was photographing a Fund Raiser for pets here locally here in our community and the Master(mistress Lisa Foronda) of Ceremony was saying that they are still in need of help and funds in NO and LA for the animals.

    http://www.khou.com/news/local/houstonmetro/stories/khou050906_mh_katrinapets.309005d1.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rosenhaus’ Vikings ties run deep
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 07:41 AM
  2. How to Donate Eyes After Death
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 08:05 PM
  3. Vikings fans - Deep Purple
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 05:19 PM
  4. Vikings donate to local charities & kickoff community tour
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 05:39 AM
  5. There's a reason Vikings don't go deep
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 12:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •