Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Diet Thread - for all those who want to lose weight

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    LMAO Singer!

I can't seem to get my middle and lower abs to come out!! WTF?!

I do crunches for upper and leg lifts for middle and lower.. It's not working
    What are crunches?
    Abdominal Crunches
    Ahem, those are what we called girl sit-ups when I went to school.

That's the way the girls got to do them.

The guys kept their legs touching the floor.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

I'm sorry if this is wrong of me but I just saw The Omen advertisements and my post count is 66... well, you guessed it.

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I was wondering how to get rid of belly fat..

I do like 50-100 situps a night.. Have good abs.. U can see them..

But there is like a layer of fat over it..
    Crunches only work the surface of the abs. If you really want them to show, try doing some other ab exercizes that work the inner muscles (bridges is one that comes to mind).

I don't think I've seen swimming mentioned anywhere in here. Swimming is one of the best exercizes you can do, works all the muscles and gives you a good cardio too.

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

i just work out every day i can i nomally jog for 20 to 30 min on a glider in the gym at life time but i want to be down to 298 or 295 when i go back to play ball this fall any tips for eating?
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

About 10 years ago, when I woiked for Amoco Prod. Co., I weighed in at around 220 lbs. I'm 6'0", and not real muscular, y'know? Amoco had an Aerobics group dat met after woik in da cafeteria, an' after months of stickin' to it, an' dietin' a little, I got down to my high school weight of 175 lbs. I got bored wit' aerobics, an' tried joggin', but my knees swelled up from all da pavement poundin', so I went back to aerobics.

Now, I'm a pudge again, toppin' da scales at 240 lbs +. I don't woik for Amoco no more, so I don't got no access to a fitness group unless I wanna join one. Me wifey and I don't really got no motivation for exercise, but we wanna do sumpin'. I dunno. I'm eatin' less, very little in da evenin'. I tought about dancin', but she would hafta teach me, y'know?

I dunno. Guess I'm gonna hafta be a PP.O pudge, y'know? :sad:
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    LMAO Singer!

What are crunches?
    Abdominal Crunches

They are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY harder then sit-ups haha

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"singersp" wrote:
    Ok so I've heard many people say many different things. So which is it, do I cut down on carbs or calories to lose weight the quickest?

If it's carbs, please name some good foods that are low in carbs and if it is calories, name some good foods that are low in calories.

I'm a big eater & like to eat a lot. Certainly there are some foods out there that you can eat a lot of & still lose weight.

I tried eating salads instead of potatoes with my meal & I friggen gained weight. WTF is up with that?

Also, I've heard people on hear say that no matter how much weight I lose I will still have the "beer gut".

1. Is this actually true?

2. If excercise is the only way to get rid of it, what excersises will get rid of it the fastest & how often should it be done?
    I'm still waiting to have all but the last question (2.) answered.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Ok so I've heard many people say many different things. So which is it, do I cut down on carbs or calories to lose weight the quickest?

If it's carbs, please name some good foods that are low in carbs and if it is calories, name some good foods that are low in calories.

I'm a big eater & like to eat a lot. Certainly there are some foods out there that you can eat a lot of & still lose weight.

I tried eating salads instead of potatoes with my meal & I friggen gained weight. WTF is up with that?

Also, I've heard people on hear say that no matter how much weight I lose I will still have the "beer gut".

2. If excercise is the only way to get rid of it, what excersises will get rid of it the fastest & how often should it be done?
    Running and a combination of ab exercises, while not drinking anymore. As often as possible, try to run 3 times a week for at least 20 mins, probably longer, plus abs as often as possible, everyday, you can do something for your abs that may take 2 mins out of your day. Next time your watching TV, every commercial break, get on the floor, start as though you're going to do a push-up, but instead of supporting yourself with your hands, support your upper body with your forearms and your lower body on your tip-toes (this is called a bridge), flex your abs and hold this as long as you can. May only be 10 seconds at first, but you should be able to work your way up to a couple minutes. Another one you can try, which I find just a tad bit harder. Lay flat on the ground, keeping your legs straight, raise them just a few inches off the ground, and hold this as long as possible. If you do these almost every day in addition to a few long runs each week, and crunches, etc. you can get rid of your beer gut. Assuming, you stop drinking, at least temporarily.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Running and a combination of ab exercises, while not drinking anymore. As often as possible, try to run 3 times a week for at least 20 mins, probably longer, plus abs as often as possible, everyday, you can do something for your abs that may take 2 mins out of your day. Next time your watching TV, every commercial break, get on the floor, start as though you're going to do a push-up, but instead of supporting yourself with your hands, support your upper body with your forearms and your lower body on your tip-toes (this is called a bridge), flex your abs and hold this as long as you can. May only be 10 seconds at first, but you should be able to work your way up to a couple minutes. Another one you can try, which I find just a tad bit harder. Lay flat on the ground, keeping your legs straight, raise them just a few inches off the ground, and hold this as long as possible. If you do these almost every day in addition to a few long runs each week, and crunches, etc. you can get rid of your beer gut. Assuming, you stop drinking, at least temporarily.
    We used to do that one at Midget Football practice...and we all HATED it! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    LMAO Singer!

What are crunches?
    Abdominal Crunches

They are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY harder then sit-ups haha
    Aerobic exercise (running, walking, biking, etc.) is the only thing that will get rid of the gut...all that other stuff is good for strengthening the muscles in your abdomen (which is good for strengthening your core) but the calorie burning exercise is what you want to do in order to burn the fat, especially the visceral fat (internal fat around your organs that is the most unhealthy for you).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast