Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Diet Thread - for all those who want to lose weight

I am starting this thread for all of you who want to or are thinking about shedding a few pounds. For those of you who already have a good diet, maybe you could offer some advice to others. Anybody who has some knowledge is encouraged to post here. I will start with me.

When I got out of the Army in 1996, I was 165 lbs; lean and fit. I have always had a great metabolism and never gained weight. That was until I went on my honeymoon.

Long story short, being promoted to a supervisor at work meant that I was not required to do much manual labor anymore. And now that I went back to school I have added a few pounds. I peaked at 213.5 in January, I am only 5'11. It was mainly my gut; I kinda looked pregnant.

So, I decided it was time to do something about it. I was very disgusted with myself and really depressed. So, through church I joined a diet group. The diet I was doing was to eat every 2 1/2 - 3 hours and intake something small and healthy. There was no eating after 5 pm (eating late really kills you...big time). We were supposed to use a treadmill or walk briskly 4 times a week. I did not do the exercising, but with the diet I lost 5 pounds in the first week and about every week thereafter. Oh yeah, drink a buttload of water too.

About 3 weeks ago I was not losing anymore weight. I started lifting again but I always overslept on the days when I had to do cardio (run or swim). I was only down to 198 for weeks.

So, just playing around I changed the diet a little to kind of "shock" my metabolism a little. I only ate every 4-5 hours and did not eat much. But I kept my protein high. Most would say that it is not good to do this because your body will store fat and go into starvation mode. I did it anyways for a week and now I am back to my other diet plus trying to eat more vegetables.

Today, I weighed in at 191. So, I have lost 22 1/2 lbs since Feb. 1. My waist has slimmed down a bit, but it mostly has come off of my butt and legs. My pants are almost too big now; which is a good thing.

I missed my workout today, but tomorrow I am hitting it hard everyday this week and my goal is to be at 187 by nexy Monday.

I will be posting some links here soon. Please join in and help encourage others. Its not bad. I am not starving. The first week was tough but my body got used to not eating so much.

Lets do it!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: Diet Thread - for all those who want to lose weight

I try to stay away from processed foods and seriously watch out for what you drink. Stay away from fruit juices, non diet sodas, non diet ice teas, etc...they have an unbelievable amount of calories in them

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I am starting this thread for all of you who want to or are thinking about shedding a few pounds. For those of you who already have a good diet, maybe you could offer some advice to others. Anybody who has some knowledge is encouraged to post here. I will start with me.

When I got out of the Army in 1996, I was 165 lbs; lean and fit. I have always had a great metabolism and never gained weight. That was until I went on my honeymoon.

Long story short, being promoted to a supervisor at work meant that I was not required to do much manual labor anymore. And now that I went back to school I have added a few pounds. I peaked at 213.5 in January, I am only 5'11. It was mainly my gut; I kinda looked pregnant.

So, I decided it was time to do something about it. I was very disgusted with myself and really depressed. So, through church I joined a diet group. The diet I was doing was to eat every 2 1/2 - 3 hours and intake something small and healthy. There was no eating after 5 pm (eating late really kills you...big time). We were supposed to use a treadmill or walk briskly 4 times a week. I did not do the exercising, but with the diet I lost 5 pounds in the first week and about every week thereafter. Oh yeah, drink a buttload of water too.

About 3 weeks ago I was not losing anymore weight. I started lifting again but I always overslept on the days when I had to do cardio (run or swim). I was only down to 198 for weeks.

So, just playing around I changed the diet a little to kind of "shock" my metabolism a little. I only ate every 4-5 hours and did not eat much. But I kept my protein high. Most would say that it is not good to do this because your body will store fat and go into starvation mode. I did it anyways for a week and now I am back to my other diet plus trying to eat more vegetables.

Today, I weighed in at 191. So, I have lost 22 1/2 lbs since Feb. 1. My waist has slimmed down a bit, but it mostly has come off of my butt and legs. My pants are almost too big now; which is a good thing.

I missed my workout today, but tomorrow I am hitting it hard everyday this week and my goal is to be at 187 by nexy Monday.

I will be posting some links here soon. Please join in and help encourage others. Its not bad. I am not starving. The first week was tough but my body got used to not eating so much.

Lets do it!
    OF COURSE, it came off of your BUTT...since you are ALL BUTT anyway!!! :razz:

But seriously, GOOD GOING!!! I need to start shaping up as well...and I will take inspiration from your progress!

PM me the diet if you would...I would greatly appreciate it...and Mrs. Cajun would too! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I do not even drink diet soda anymore, just water.

Also, you burn more calories with cold water because your body is working harder to regulate the temperature.

Soda has a ton of sodium. Sodium = bloating.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

great info Ultra..thanks !:salute: congrats 2u

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Lets do it!

But seriously, GOOD GOING!!! I need to start shaping up as well...and I will take inspiration from your progress!

PM me the diet if you would...I would greatly appreciate it...and Mrs. Cajun would too! :lol:
    Speak for yourself buddy, I've met Mrs. Cajun and she is in perfect shape!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

I think he's try to convey, that the Mrs. would appreciate His "shaping up" lol

BirdHunter is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Lets do it!

Could you also PM me the diet.
    Thanks alot for the info, we could start a PPO support group :smile:
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Congrats Ultra!

I too went on a diet -actually I should say, changed my eating habits. ("diet" sounds too "temporary") NO MORE Mountain Dew and junk food, eat every 2 1/2 hours, work out 3-4 days a week... etc.

Since the beginning of January I've lost 20 lbs. of body weight while, at the same time, adding muscle lifting weights. I'm 5' 9" and hit 202 this winter and said enough is enough. Now I'm at I82 lbs. and counting.

It's nice to look down and see...."it" again. :lol:

C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

I do a different diet, before going to college i was around 210 at 5ft9, after sophmore year decided it was time to work out.

I eat healthy during the week, yogurt, sandwhiches, fruit and water for lunch, a power drink for dinner (frozen banana, milk, protein powder) that's it for dinner.
    After work i go work out, i run for 15 - 20 minutes then lift weights for an hour.

I eat whatever I want on the weekends, and i'm at 165 lean and fit. By keeping to this diet, your metabolism stays high, it's nice to get fat into the system, and i can't stand doing the eating every 2.5 hours, i get too hungry
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast