Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Did I get E-Screwed?

"litlharsh" wrote:
    I'll gladly hold you to it! ;D
    No problem.

I just sniped this sucker!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=140186262912&Category= 27277&_trksid=p3907.m29

I know I paid a little high of a price for it, but this sucker is going under glass (even though it isn't a real authentic jersey.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"baumy300" wrote:
    Ok, I am really hoping this is answered in the next hour.

If the winning bid is 15.00 for something, and I bid say 60, does that increase the next highest price to 60, or does it go 15.50 and just automatically bid me up until someone bids more than me?
    Say something is going for 20, and I bid a max of 60 at the last second before the sale, does that mean I am going to have pay 60 if the next highest bid is 20, or do I just pay a little higher than the 2nd highest bid?

I would really appreciate an answer, then I should be ebay-educated.
    I've been telling you that all along. If the high bid is $15.00 & you bid $60.00 you will have the high bid at $15.50 or $16.00 depending on what the bid increment is. It will increase incrementally automatically above all other bids until someone places a bid higher than yours. That is why you don't want to give other bidders time to place more than 1 bid & should bid with just seconds left.

That is why if you would be happy getting it for $60.00, bid $60.51. There will be plenty of bidders trying to out bid that $15.00 in the final seconds, so your goal is to outbid them all.

If bids are placed for $20., $30 or $40 in the final seconds & you bid $60, you would win with a bid of something like $40.50 or $41.00.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"baumy300" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

If the winning bid is 15.00 for something, and I bid say 60, does that increase the next highest price to 60, or does it go 15.50 and just automatically bid me up until someone bids more than me?

Say something is going for 20, and I bid a max of 60 at the last second before the sale, does that mean I am going to have pay 60 if the next highest bid is 20, or do I just pay a little higher than the 2nd highest bid?

Ha no if you bid 60, it will go to the next increment, probably 15.50. However this means that you're covered on the item all the way up to 60, so if a potential buyer bids 40 dollars, you're at 40.50 now, but you're still the winning bidder. if someone bids 60.50 you're done. This is all applicable for the last few seconds too. However, keep in mind the highest bid might be 100 dollars on an item but it is only at 15 because that is how high the second highest bidder has gone.

if you have any other questions just ask.
    That is exactly what I wanted to know.

You sir, are the man. I'll buy you a beer and get you laid one of these days. For now, my gratitude is all I can offer
    Huh? He's the man? I've been repeatedly trying to tell you that.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

I've been telling you that all along. If the high bid is $15.00 & you bid $60.00 you will have the high bid at $15.50 or $16.00 depending on what the bid increment is. It will increase incrementally automatically above all other bids until someone places a bid higher than yours. That is why you don't want to give other bidders time to place more than 1 bid & should bid with just seconds left.

That is why if you would be happy getting it for $60.00, bid $60.51. There will be plenty of bidders trying to out bid that $15.00 in the final seconds, so your goal is to outbid them all.

If bids are placed for $20., $30 or $40 in the final seconds & you bid $60, you would win with a bid of something like $40.50 or $41.00.
    That is exactly what I did good sir!

The max bid of the next guy was 75.00 and my winning bid placed within 30 seconds was 75.67

Thanks to you, I placed the .67 in the end. Seeeeeeee...I did listen you, and because of it I am a proud owner of a sweet piece of merchandise.

EDIT: Screw it. I'll buy you a beer as well. I'll even buy your fiance/girlfriend one too. Then I'll get all three of you laid.

EDIT II: I didn't mean litlharsh would be sleeping with your woman, even though it came off like that. Unless that's how you roll, Singer

"baumy300" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

That is exactly what I did good sir!

The max bid of the next guy was 75.00 and my winning bid placed within 30 seconds was 75.67

Thanks to you, I placed the .67 in the end. Seeeeeeee...I did listen you, and because of it I am a proud owner of a sweet piece of merchandise.
    Now you know. I never ever bid even dollar amounts in the final seconds. To see how others have bid, go check the bidders list at the end of an auction. A lot of people do it both ways. Many will bid with an extra $.01 to $.51 tacked on. That's why I use an extra $0.66 to $0.88 tacked on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234