Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Did I get E-Screwed?

I just purchased my very first E-Bay item. I am a really big college sports fan, and I really like MJ.

I found an authentic Heels jersey (not game worn or anything) and I'm now the winning bidder with $12.00

The jersey is in good shape and slightly worn with some marks on it that should come out in the wash. I don't plan on wearing the jersey, but just for folding or hanging up with my other memorabilia.

Overall, I should only have about 18-19 dollars in it.

I don't know, you think I got screwed?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&i tem=360000314449&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI#eba yphotohosting

There's the link by the way.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Did I get E-Screwed?

If you think you got a good buy and it's what you want than you did fine!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

It looks dirty but it might come out if you try Oxyclean.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I would think it would be hard to find that jersey in your local stores......And NO, I think thats a fare price.

And like Cojo said,
    it's something you wanted and bid for, so no one can really say if you paid to much or not, it's what was it worth to you......

I think you did well though.......

PS:
    Wash it by hand, not the machine.....Try some oxy clean, or strong hand cleaners you can find in an auto parts store, for cleaning mechanics hands........I'de stay away from bleach...

Good luck with the cleaning job....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"NordicNed" wrote:

I would think it would be hard to find that jersey in your local stores......And NO, I think thats a fare price.

And like Cojo said,
    it's something you wanted and bid for, so no one can really say if you paid to much or not, it's what was it worth to you......

PS:
    Wash it by hand, not the machine.....Try some oxy clean, or strong hand cleaners you can find in an auto parts store, for cleaning mechanics hands........I'de stay away from bleach...

So true.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

I'll see if I even win the bid (20 hours yet) and then decide on how to go about washing it once it arrives. (Ohhhh Mother....Haha.)

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"baumy300" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

And like Cojo said,

PS:

So true.

I'll see if I even win the bid (20 hours yet) and then decide on how to go about washing it once it arrives. (Ohhhh Mother....Haha.)
    I'm totally gonna out bid ya.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

anything under $20 that sucks does not count as a screw job
    We're bringing purple back.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

And like Cojo said,

PS:

So true.

I'm totally gonna out bid ya.
    Haha. That's messed up man

"gregair13" wrote:
    anything under $20 that sucks does not count as a screw job
    Right on. That's kind of what I thought. I ended up bidding on a few better items by that seller. There's a sweet authentic Duncan jersey from Wake Forest, and a Jordan All-American jersey as well that I'm winning. I wanted Jordans high school jersey that is up for grabs, but I got into a bid war with some douche bag and said "screw it."

I'm sitting pretty right now with a bill of $58.01 and 3 authentic jerseys - 2 of them in extremely good shape.

Now, to see if that Peterson jersey is truly "real"
    ;D

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

one thing you'll want to learn to do it watch those auctions until they get down to the final hour, more importantly the final minutes.

otherwise sometimes you'll just be running the price up on yourself by bidding early

That being said, looks like a fine buy tho for the price and the seller has 99.3% positive feed back having joined back in '99.

Feedback score: 11149|Positive feedback: 99.3%
    seems reliable, especially since its mainly jerseys that i've seen sold by him.
    11 & 1/2 hours and its yours

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    one thing you'll want to learn to do it watch those auctions until they get down to the final hour, more importantly the final minutes.

otherwise sometimes you'll just be running the price up on yourself by bidding early

That being said, looks like a fine buy tho for the price and the seller has 99.3% positive feed back having joined back in '99.

Feedback score: 11149|Positive feedback: 99.3%
    seems reliable, especially since its mainly jerseys that i've seen sold by him.
    11 & 1/2 hours and its yours
    Thanks for the advice!

After just losing a bid war by my own decision, I kind of thought of that. Just out bidding the sucker at the very last minute, but oh well.

On more question though. If the starting bid is like $9 on an autographed jersey that we all know would be worth at least 100 or so, and I bid $9.99 and win, does that seller have the option to back out, or does that mean I win an expensive item for under 10 dollars?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast