Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    poult is offline Asst. Coach

Demise of the NBA

this just in............

"The NBA came down hard on three members of the Indiana Pacers for fighting with fans. The league was hardest on Ron Artest, who was suspended for the rest of the season Sunday. Indiana's Stephen Jackson was suspended for 30 games and Jermaine O'Neal for 25. "
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Demise of the NBA

That was frickin hillarous!!!!!!!!

poult is offline Asst. Coach

Demise of the NBA

i read more of that article, 9 people in all got suspended, including reggie miller for 1 game. what the hell did miller do? didnt here him mentioned at all when it went down.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Demise of the NBA

miller got suspended from getting off the bench or something like that thats why there was 9 players suspended instead of the actual 4 who did the most. Ive got a question for all you guys all together the players will miss 143 games combined now for Ron he will miss the 72 remaining games im taking it that hes out for the postseason as well but im not quite sure can anyone help me out on this?
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Demise of the NBA

Will the Pacers have enough players to put on the court anymore?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Demise of the NBA

They played with only 6 guys the other night and only lost by 3 to the magic! I don't know if they can sign guys to 10-15 day contracts or not, but if they can I'm sure they will. They are done for now. No O'Neal for 25 games, no Artest the rest of the season. From Championship contender to nothing!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Demise of the NBA

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    They played with only 6 guys the other night and only lost by 3 to the magic! I don't know if they can sign guys to 10-15 day contracts or not, but if they can I'm sure they will. They are done for now. No O'Neal for 25 games, no Artest the rest of the season. From Championship contender to nothing!!

Don't say that so soon. This is definantly bias since i love the pacers. But when Reggie comes back he said he wants to shoot more maybe 15 points and 28 minutes. Jonathan Bender can help fill a role left by Oneal for a little bit when he comes back. When they get back Oneal and Jackson they could be okay. If jackson can fill the void of artest they can at least make it to the Conference finals. And they have Fred Jones who put up 31 the other night so well just have to see what happens. They probably wont win the title which is sad for me cause i want Reggie to get a ring!!!
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Demise of the NBA

Well, it's gonna be hard for them unless they can really put something together for the next 25 games without O'Neal in there. I know the East is pretty weak, but still without you're #1 player in there it makes things tougher on them. I think they will make the playoffs, but this really hurt their chances on the championship run!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Demise of the NBA

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Don't sit there and say the NFL is that much better than the NBA.

Green and Porter last week.

Philly Fans and Bills Fans, always have incidents.

I don't think that anything like that would happen in 4/5th of the arena in the league.
    Bills fans have incidents?? I agree on the eagles part and would throw in the raiders crowd as well.

However if i were artest and that happened to me, i dont blame him for going after that fan as i prolly would have done the same thing as well.
    IF anything that fan is the asshole and who should be to blame as he fueled the fire towards the fight as it was dying down.
    ARTEST:
    In the NBA, there is a process in place. Players even when provoked do not interact with the fans. They are told to walk away and let security handle it. Artest should have left the floor and went to the locker room. For his own safety. He was laying on the scorers table???? It was a cup of soda or beer. It would have made the Piston fans look like crap but now Artest looks more like crap than he already does.

A man knows when to remove himself from a volatile situation!!!!

He may have thought that he had control of the situation and maybe would have to pay a fine but once you act like that you have lost control. Now his pocket book is not paying a fine, he lost his pay for the entire year, 5 million, wow. Truth is he is not very smart and wasn't thinking at all he has proven it time and time again.

FANS:
    I think it is the Bills and maybe the Pats fans that are known for throwing the SNOWBALLS at players. That is wrong! It may not be a punch, but it is still a cowardly act none the less.

One on one a fan would not throw shit at a player in the NBA or NFL but when they can HIDE in the crowd, that is COWARDLY.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Demise of the NBA

I love the NCAA top 40, or whatever it is called. That is real basketball. They play their HEARTS out, no second chance. Defense, rebounding, set up the play. Pro ball? I wait for the playoffs...well, maybe. IMO this guy should be outta the NBA for life. I have had beer spilled on me before. It doesn't take a man to throw a punch...that is what we do. It takes a man to walk away. I hope it was worth it for the dork. Considering how outta control he is on the court, I know off the court he can be no better. Just file bankruptcy now, and join the ABA, please. Or WWF.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast