Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Del Rio's Working OT

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Nice to see you on line Del...

Our scheduals must differ some, we don't come across eachother that often anymore..

I'm usually working now also, so don't feel bad.....Raining like mad here today..

Also licking some wounds from a bad fall I took yesterday at work..

I'll agree with one thing, I'de rather be fishing also...LOL
    I hear ya Ned, the smallmouth are going crazy up here, next weekend I'll hit em.
    Smallmouth is one of my favorite target fish in the CT River....But I was invited to go on a Fluke and Striper trip today, but high winds and the heavy rain kept us off the ocean..AGAIN.....Soon be chasing some sharks and Tuna...Yummy

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Hey Del, are you salary or hourly? Because if you are salary and working OT (especially on a Saturday) you are getting screwed!

I am hourly and I prefer it. I can go into work whenever I want. After my summer semester is over I plan on work 12 hour days and 6 hours early Saturday. They never ask any questions if you are maintenance and there is plenty to fix.

You are at your newer job, right?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:

Our scheduals must differ some, we don't come across eachother that often anymore..

I'm usually working now also, so don't feel bad.....Raining like mad here today..

Man, you need to be taking better care of yourself...you ain't gettin' any younger!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

I hear ya Ned, the smallmouth are going crazy up here, next weekend I'll hit em.
    Smallmouth is one of my favorite target fish in the CT River....But I was invited to go on a Fluke and Striper trip today, but high winds and the heavy rain kept us off the ocean..AGAIN.....Soon be chasing some sharks and Tuna...Yummy
    FISH FRY AT NED'S PLACE!!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:

I've only been salt water fishing once and that was in Florida. I went with my grandfather and I kept catching these ugly ass fish he called "Sheep Head"

We were fishing with live shrimp, and I kept getting a bite in the same spot and it would end up breaking my line. Well I was fishing with my grandpa's fishing equipment and he started getting pissed off that I was losing his hooks and sinkers and such. So about the 5th time of it happening I got pissed off, because he was yelling at me. He said the shrimp were crawling under coral and I was breaking the line off.

So I went back to the house and got my tackle box, busted out some steel leader and went back. I hooked that bastard this time and it was a shark. I don't remember what kind it was ugly as sin and was about 2 feet long is all, he had about 4 hooks in his mouth.

I also caugh a huge yellow angel fish under a bridge in Florida it was awesome looking. I was about to let it go and someone yells at me, I look around and up in the bridge was a homeless dude, he comes running out of the crack and asks if he can have it. LMAO. It was kind of creepy though because as I started looking I could see a bunch of people up there. It was a bum society under the bridge. I gave him the fish and got the hell out of there.

One more story..........
    IN FLORIDA again, I was fishing in a lagoon with a casting net catching all sorts of shit, crabs, bass, shells, shrimp, everything and anything. My grandpa tells me to wade out deeper in the lagoon, it was brackish water salt/fresh mixed......... So I'm about waist deep and I look back at my grandpa and I notice a sign that basically says, NO SWIMMING GATOR INFESTED WATERS......so I yell to him, are there alligators in here? "No stop being a puss, get some more shrimp."

About 5 minutes later I am freaking out, I can't see anything in the water because it is murky. Then it happened. Something hit my leg and it hit it hard, I swear I was walking on water man, I was out of there. Turns out it was a manatee. I think I shit myself. My grandpa was laughing his ass off. On the way out I see a huge gator sitting on the grass by where I was fishing.

I look at my grandpa and he is just like, hey they don't eat much. Probably woulda only took your leg..........

And that is all my saltwater fishing experiences.

Del Rio Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Hey Del, are you salary or hourly? Because if you are salary and working OT (especially on a Saturday) you are getting screwed!

I am hourly and I prefer it. I can go into work whenever I want. After my summer semester is over I plan on work 12 hour days and 6 hours early Saturday. They never ask any questions if you are maintenance and there is plenty to fix.

You are at your newer job, right?
    Yeah I get paid hourly. So this is big money for me. Time and a half. This is at my new job. To make it even better I got a 3.50$ raise last week so this will be a nice check.

Or it will catapult me into a tax bracket that makes me want to stab my eyes out. Either way the fact remains that I am sitting here, hungry as hell.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Nice fishing stories Del, ever get an urge to drop an eel in your grandpa's waders?

Ned, settle down a bit, summer just started, we don't need you on IR for the rest of it.

Beautiful day starting here today, last baseball game of the season for my son and then a team BBQ

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I remember catching eels! B!tch to get off the line after they wrap around it! :lol: Take forever to die! But they are great to eat! :smile:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    I remember catching eels! B!tch to get off the line after they wrap around it! :lol: Take forever to die! But they are great to eat! :smile:
    Great to eat Fedje, but eels are the number one bait on my list for night time Striper Fishing...

I use an old towel to hold them, they can be handled easier that way....And we put them in a bucket with cigar ashes, killes them in like 10 mins.....Easier to put on the hook dead, when drifting with them....

Fishing Tip 101

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Great to eat Fedje, but eels are the number one bait on my list for night time Striper Fishing...

I use an old towel to hold them, they can be handled easier that way....And we put them in a bucket with cigar ashes, killes them in like 10 mins.....Easier to put on the hook dead, when drifting with them....

Fishing Tip 101
    I used plyers to hold the slimmy boogers!

I like using moss bunkers for bait for stripers. :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast