Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54
  1. #1
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Del Rio's Last Word.

    Ok, folks.
    Del Rio sent me an e-mail and asked me to post this message for everyone, friend or foe.

    He said he peeked in at pp.o as a guest this weekend and wanted to address the issue of why someone would delete their account instead of just not posting.
    Here are his words:

    ==================================

    'Del Rio' wrote:
    For some people it could be easy to not post, for me it is impossible. If I had the ability to post I would post end of story. If my boss said hey, stop posting on that site or I will fire you, I would still post because I have friends and family on the site and have been through a lot with some.

    Truth of the matter is I have some opportunities for advancement that I cannot pass up and posting on the internet atm would seriously hurt those opportunities. I'm talking about life changing income and responsibility changes that would make my retirement comfortable and secure my families financial interest.

    Now why did I not do a big goodbye? It's simple really PP.O is bigger then me, it is bigger then Webby, Cajun, Ultra, and every other person that posts there. So my personality landed me in the spotlight every once and a while, so people liked me, people hated me, people ignored me or hung on my every word.....so what the site is amazing and it is amazing because of the people there. One person does not make or break a site.

    It is possible to vanish in the night not drawing attention to myself. How many times did I post in a thread that was congratulating me on a post count.....very seldom. How many times did I start one? Never. As much as it may piss people off to know I really don't give a pooh about post count, I don't give a pooh about status or power on the INTERNET! I could have gone through the years on PPO an unknown and still had just as much fun.

    There is a difference between a HEY LOOK AT ME, and me just being me posting something and having people react. I have started threads that had 20+ pages of responses. I have started threads that have 3 responses then they die. It is all the same to me. I left the way I did because I didn't want to say hey look at me I'm leaving if anyone got hurt I apologize.

    It wasn't a cloak and shadows, or a disrespect it was simply time to move on and people that need to know do and people that never really gave a flying floop about me do not need to know. Lets be honest here, you have a handful of people you consider friends, a handful of people you appreciate their discussion and company, a handful of people you tolerate, and a truck load of people you could give a pooh about it's the nature of the beast to me and personalities will not always mesh.

    Lastly no need to go on about how great PPO is because everyone knows it is. Hell I deleted my account to keep myself from posting there. Lack of self control? Absolutely. Does it expose me as a sad individual who has issues? Absolutely. Do I care? Nope.

    If anyone wants to reach me please use my personal e-mail. [email protected] Anyone can use this whether you hated me or liked me, friend or foe. I will be just as happy to hand you your jiggly butt via e-mail.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Del Rio's Last Word.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Ok, folks.
    Del Rio sent me an e-mail and asked me to post this message for everyone, friend or foe.

    He said he peeked in at pp.o as a guest this weekend and wanted to address the issue of why someone would delete their account instead of just not posting.
    Here are his words:

    ==================================

    'Del Rio' wrote:
    For some people it could be easy to not post, for me it is impossible. If I had the ability to post I would post end of story. If my boss said hey, stop posting on that site or I will fire you, I would still post because I have friends and family on the site and have been through a lot with some.

    Truth of the matter is I have some opportunities for advancement that I cannot pass up and posting on the internet atm would seriously hurt those opportunities. I'm talking about life changing income and responsibility changes that would make my retirement comfortable and secure my families financial interest.

    Now why did I not do a big goodbye? It's simple really PP.O is bigger then me, it is bigger then Webby, Cajun, Ultra, and every other person that posts there. So my personality landed me in the spotlight every once and a while, so people liked me, people hated me, people ignored me or hung on my every word.....so what the site is amazing and it is amazing because of the people there. One person does not make or break a site.

    It is possible to vanish in the night not drawing attention to myself. How many times did I post in a thread that was congratulating me on a post count.....very seldom. How many times did I start one? Never. As much as it may piss people off to know I really don't give a pooh about post count, I don't give a pooh about status or power on the INTERNET! I could have gone through the years on PPO an unknown and still had just as much fun.

    There is a difference between a HEY LOOK AT ME, and me just being me posting something and having people react. I have started threads that had 20+ pages of responses. I have started threads that have 3 responses then they die. It is all the same to me. I left the way I did because I didn't want to say hey look at me I'm leaving if anyone got hurt I apologize.

    It wasn't a cloak and shadows, or a disrespect it was simply time to move on and people that need to know do and people that never really gave a flying floop about me do not need to know. Lets be honest here, you have a handful of people you consider friends, a handful of people you appreciate their discussion and company, a handful of people you tolerate, and a truck load of people you could give a pooh about it's the nature of the beast to me and personalities will not always mesh.

    Lastly no need to go on about how great PPO is because everyone knows it is. Hell I deleted my account to keep myself from posting there. Lack of self control? Absolutely. Does it expose me as a sad individual who has issues? Absolutely. Do I care? Nope.

    If anyone wants to reach me please use my personal e-mail. [email protected] Anyone can use this whether you hated me or liked me, friend or foe. I will be just as happy to hand you your jiggly butt via e-mail.
    hahaha you bastard
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

  3. #3
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Del Rio's Last Word.

    Well there you have it everyone. The bye bye Del, now on with the 'exciting' offseason.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  4. #4
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Del Rio's Last Word.

    I think Del is really Smoot. He's Smoots Alter Ego.

  5. #5
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: Del Rio's Last Word.

    good old del. a jackass to the last
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  6. #6
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Del Rio's Last Word.

    Well at least we have a final word and a reason why he decided to leave and I hope the best for him.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  7. #7
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053

    Re: Del Rio's Last Word.

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Well at least we have a final word and a reason why he decided to leave and I hope the best for him.

    Yeah, I agree with you all the way Whack.. He decided to delete his account so he wouldn't be tempted to post here because of a great offer from work.. Good for him, he is looking out for the best interest of his family, and for that he is a good man.. I will miss his insight on topics, and hate to see him go.. Who knows, maybe someday he will come back here again..

  8. #8
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Del Rio's Last Word.

    Del Rio wrote:
    .... I will be just as happy to hand you your jiggly butt via e-mail.
    That's really all you need to know.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Del Rio's Last Word.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Del Rio wrote:
    .... I will be just as happy to hand you your jiggly butt via e-mail.
    That's really all you need to know.
    All I need to know is that your jiggly butt isn't going anywhere, so there's at least one idjut out there who needs a good Zeusing every now and then!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #10
    ChezPizmo's Avatar
    ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    705

    Re: Del Rio's Last Word.

    Sounds like a case of PP.O crack.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."


    [size=8pt]


    -John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 04:58 AM
  2. Rio's take
    By Del Rio in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 02:18 PM
  3. Del Rio's Baby Is Neglected!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 08:40 PM
  4. Del Rio's past TV work
    By 6-KINGS in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 05:47 PM
  5. Del Rio's Working OT
    By Del Rio in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-24-2006, 09:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •