Haneef87 is offline Rookie

Defenses Anybody?

Guys just thinking, nopt to change our defense now, but i would wonder how our defense would look like in cover 2 like the tampa bay and chicago defense. We could make Claiborne lose body fat and make him smaller and more of a sprinter linebacker like derrick brooks and the same with EJ Henderson and we already have D Thomas who is fast as hell. We could Have Udeze, Johnson, Williams and Darrion Scott on The D line (already a very athletic grou) and we can maybe make corey chavous and russel faster in the offseason playing the deef halfs and hopefully we will have the ballhawking speedy turnover defense taht we need. I mean, what do u guys think?

Defenses Anybody?

it would look like this
    udeze 6-3 260( make him lose some weight)
    Williams 6 3 310 he is fine right now
    Johnson im not sure how much he weighs
    Scott can lose like 10 pounds
    Claibrone 3 3 235- drop 20 pounds( increase speed)
    Henderson Hes in good shape
    Thomas he is fast and strong
    Winfield is an ideal cover 2 cb( blanket corner
    Williams( why dont we make him fs( hes more of a hitter than a cover man
    Irvin or Shaw(Both fast could get stronger
    Chavous (Knock someone out)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Defenses Anybody?

"Haneef87" wrote:
    Guys just thinking, nopt to change our defense now, but i would wonder how our defense would look like in cover 2 like the tampa bay and chicago defense. We could make Claiborne lose body fat and make him smaller and more of a sprinter linebacker like derrick brooks and the same with EJ Henderson and we already have D Thomas who is fast as hell. We could Have Udeze, Johnson, Williams and Darrion Scott on The D line (already a very athletic grou) and we can maybe make corey chavous and russel faster in the offseason playing the deef halfs and hopefully we will have the ballhawking speedy turnover defense taht we need. I mean, what do u guys think?
    ANYTHING is better than what we have now...that being said, if we changed the defense, we would have to give up our great DC, Cottrell...I don't know if we want to do that. :tongue: :arrow: :bootyshake: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Defenses Anybody?

It sounds like the D we had last year...we did get a lot more ints last year, but we still couldnt stop teams. I agree that we need to create turnovers somehow, but im not sure how?! Bottom line is that we need to stay healthy, have the best players on the field no matter what, and give Cotrell some time.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Defenses Anybody?

Yeah I think we might need to pick up another corner and put B dub in at FS...him and Chavous would be sick back there. Something definitely has to change though

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Defenses Anybody?

MAN THE COVER 2 DEFENSE IS THE BEST!!!!. I mean Monte Kiffin, Tony Dungy, Lovie( all these guys know what defense is all about) speed speed speed, and everyone taht can tackle. Idk but our team misses lots and lots and lots and lots of tackles. I mean did anyone see that jags vikings game it looked like everyone was scared to tackle fred taylor, I mean like russel was like peddling backward to like knock him out of bounds

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Defenses Anybody?

Did we ever run the cover 2 when we had dungy and that great defense? I was pretty young and didn't know all the defenses and stuff.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Defenses Anybody?

im not sure, but flats curl zones and deep halfs is the only way to take away great offense i think, look what chicago did to us look what tampa did to oakland. I mean i think blitzes are only good when done by safetys or the weakside linebacker. Cover 2 will pretty much seal everything up and the speed that teh cover 2 defense will have will just harass huge o lines.

Defenses Anybody?

Wait :scratch: we have a Defense WHERE :shock: I hoped the new guys could step up to the plate and be the next purple people eaters II ottytrain5: not this year ale: maybe NEXT year :crybaby:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Del Rio Guest

Defenses Anybody?

I don't like cover two for us here, but that is just my opinion.

And regardless of which D you choose you still are lacking that leader at MLB or LB in general. And cover two requires quick adjustments to motion and TE's. I think it would confues the youngins who don't really seem comfortable with the basic scheme they have now.

What we need is a monster LB with some attitude as well as intelligence to know not only his job but know other peoples too.

Cover two puts a large ammount of pressure on the two safties. Something I'm sure Cottrell is not comfortble having. In standard cover two the 5 underneath zones are crucial and our CB's aren't well equiped to handle that.

All the great cover two teams have really good coverage LB's we don't

And there are ways to beat cover two like going verticle or running outs with the TE's but the most blarring in your face way to attack cover two is running the ball.

With safties deep great tackling is required of the Linemen and LB's and that we don't have as of late.

If we went cover 2 I think it would hurt us. Maybe a Cover 2 man under would be better but still i like having the Safties up a bit as to help with our tackling and coverages.