Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Del Rio Guest

deer hunting massacre????????

All I remember is that it was a 7.62mm I'm not sure if it was an SKS either, and to be honest a lot of european guns shoot this round.

I have two friends that hunt deer and often times coyote, potgut, and rabbit with this round one uses an sks and the other is some bizarre gun that I can't pronounce. They are sold over the counter at sporting good's stores.

The only pain about them is that the initial purchasing price is quite cheap but the bullets even if you reload your own brass are quite expensive.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

some DNR guy here was on some sort of press confrence justifying the SKS being used as a gun to hunt with, so thats where im thinking that was the weapon the guy used.

and more word has come out about the group shooting over the guys head. but when i think about it, if someone shot over my head id most likely run the other direction, i wouldnt rip my scope off and start unloading back. i think ya have 3 choices in a situation like that, keep going the other direction, freeze, or shoot back. i hope less than 1% would take the last option.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Today's Washington Post article about the ongoing investigation stated that the guy was indeed using an SKS...which I also have since heard are quite commonly used as hunting rifles.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"purplehorn" wrote:
    It is unclear whether anyone returned fire. The members of the hunting party had only one gun among them.

Minneapolis police said they arrested Vang on Christmas Eve 2001 after he waved a gun and threatened to kill his wife. No charge was brought because she didn't cooperate with authorities, spokesman Ron Reier said. Police in St. Paul said there had been two domestic violence calls to his home in the past year, but both were resolved without incident.

I think this guy is just a phsyco
    Yep, and his family and friends are in shock about the whole deal because he is such a 'resonable' person. HA! :scratch:

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Those poor people died doing what they loved and now all the media can do is talk about how an assault rifle was used (and wait until the anti hunting people start to chime in)...there are plenty of semi-automatic rifles in the Wisconsin woods right now and 99.99% of them are in the hands of responsible people. Granted the majority of the people out there don't have 20-round clips like he did, but would he be more mentally stable if he was carrying my 5 shot bolt action .243?

Del Rio Guest

I'm not entirely convinced the initial confrontation was all the assailants fault. And I would not be in the least surprised if the landowners shot at him first. I tell you what you take a shot at me you better kill my ass, because I will draw a bead on you. Private land or no.

With that said, his initial reaction may be justified depending on the circumstances. But what he did next just proovs this guy was a whacko. No doubt he has issues. And needs to be locked up for a long time.

As far as the gun, it was not a factor. I agree

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikefan in WI" wrote:
    Those poor people died doing what they loved and now all the media can do is talk about how an assault rifle was used (and wait until the anti hunting people start to chime in)...there are plenty of semi-automatic rifles in the Wisconsin woods right now and 99.99% of them are in the hands of responsible people. Granted the majority of the people out there don't have 20-round clips like he did, but would he be more mentally stable if he was carrying my 5 shot bolt action .243?
    Probably would have killed less people, but I agree that his mental stability was not affected by his choice of weapon.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    . And I would not be in the least surprised if the landowners shot at him first.
    [size=7px][/size]

Out of the 6 killed they only had one gun. I doubt they shot
    at him first, but in hindsight wished they had.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Del Rio Guest

Probably so, but then again we are only getting there side of the story.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

this is a link to the guys statement to the authorities.

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/frontpage/pegl.pdf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123