Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Articnv is offline Coach

Wow

Wow never heard of that tell now. But i hardly watch tv and every tiem i get to skool all the papers ar gone.

Anyway

RE:Hmong
    From what i read they have no respect for laws and regulations they hunt where they please when they please and take as big a bag limit as they feel.

They do the same thign here in Minnesota when it comes to huntign or fishing. Most of the wildrefauge areas i sue to squirle hunt as a kid get cleaned out from chimounts on up over the weekend. Same with fishign watch them keep every thing they catch if the fish is in season or not and the panfish could be no bigger then a minow and it still goes in there bucket.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

deer hunting massacre????????

well language barrier or not, you dont have to be able to communicate to know not to shoot someone else. i dont care what kind of culture clash it may be, this guy had his mind made up, they say he was taking the scope off his gun as he walked away then just twirled and started unloading. now i dont hunt so i dont know the signifigance of him taking the scope off, why are they making such a big deal about that?
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Articnv is offline Coach

The scope makes you able to zoom. If took the scope of and was hitign 500 yards using sites heis one damn good hoot

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"Articnv" wrote:
    heis one damn good hoot
    [size=7px][/size]

I thought he was hmong now you say he's an owl?
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Del Rio Guest

Lets make this clear, he wasn't hunting deer with an AK-47, or an Uzi. It was a rifle. One of the smaller calibers obviously, but it is a gun that is within legal limits to hunt with. I'm not sure about Wisconsin but I have heard you can even take deer with a .22 rifle. In Utah that is illegal.

Anyways it was semi-auto, which means it will shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger. They have semi-auto 30 caliber rifles as well and semi-auto shotguns.

The only way I can figure out this guys reasoning for taking his scope off is just by guessing.

But I know when you throw your rifle up fast it is often hard to get what you want right in the sight. Open sight is far easier at close range. I read only one of the other people had a gun. The caliber he was using offers little recoil so it would be far surperior for quick shooting then any larger deer rifle especially without the scope.

Basically when your scope is on and you are looking through it your field of vision is about the size of a baseball only extreemly magnified. Without the scope you would be entitled to all your vision.

The scariest part of the whole scope thing is he obviously put some thought into it between the intitial confrontation and the shooting!

poult is offline Asst. Coach

"HAYWARD, Wis. -- A man suspected in the killings of six Wisconsin hunters told investigators he was shot at first after some of the victims called him racially derogatory names."

well now, if he was shot at first....... i dont know what to think now. but if he was shot at first, then this just got even more screwed up than it already was.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Del Rio Guest

I would expect this is all he could say if he had any hope of ever being a free man since he has killed 6 people so far.

But I was pretty sure he wasn't approached in a very nice way. If he was shot at then I would think he would get self defense. Ecept that the others called for help, but maybe he though the next group that came was really going to try and kill him after what he had done to the first.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

psycho!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: The question regarding what an SKS is:

I haven't heard anything to the effect that an SKS was used in this shooting, but anyways:
    An SKS is a military grade assault rifle developed by Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov in 1945 for use in the Soviet Red Army. It was officially adopted for use by the Soviet Union in 1946, and was replaced by the AK-47 over the course of the 1950's. It is/was manufactured there, in China, and in the US (and likely in the Eastern European countries). It uses 7.62mmx39 cartridges, same as an AK. It is variously constructed with wood or high-impact plastic stocks (US replica versions), and is commonly equipped with a bayonet. It has a light recoil and solid enough weight to fire aimed shots of more than 30 shots per minute. Military versions are, of course, fully automatic. You can look at some pics and info here: http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/index.asp

And no I am not a gun nut! I just had a friend in high school (he went to St. Louis Park!) who owned two of them.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

It is unclear whether anyone returned fire. The members of the hunting party had only one gun among them.

Minneapolis police said they arrested Vang on Christmas Eve 2001 after he waved a gun and threatened to kill his wife. No charge was brought because she didn't cooperate with authorities, spokesman Ron Reier said. Police in St. Paul said there had been two domestic violence calls to his home in the past year, but both were resolved without incident.

I think this guy is just a phsyco
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast