Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    poult is offline Asst. Coach

deer hunting massacre????????

any of you guys hear about this guy from st. paul going to wisconsin to hunt and he ended up shooting 9 people, leaving 6 of them dead? something about him being on private land and in someone elses deer stand, asked to leave and he walked away then just started unloading on people. i dont really know all the details, but this guy was obviously out of his damn mind.

feel bad for the familys of the people involved. considering one of the dead was a 20 year old unarmed girl, this guy apparently didnt care who he shot.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Yeah I heard about that...some strange deal eh? I heard exactly what you said...one group of hunters told this guy to get off the land 'cause it was private and he ended up unloading on them. One guy from the group being shot upon radioed for help to another group of hunters and they came and the killer ran off, but the police got him. He must of just gone berserk! I heard he's cooperating with the cops now and everything like nothing is bothering him! I go deer hunting too, ...hope I don't run into someone like that! I Feel so bad for the famlies...terrible thing.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

thats why you need an ak 47 for hunting....in case you need to massacre a group of folks. yeahhhh right.

poult is offline Asst. Coach

i dont know what kind of gun the guy had, but i heard it was an "automatic". i dont know why the hell youd hunt with something like that, i thought deer hunters used .30.06 or other rifles like that. i cant believe its even legal to use an assault weapon for hunting.......
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Yeah, it was an assault rifle. He was pegging people off from 500 feet with a scope, too. Terrible situation. Gun control people are gonna have a field day with this one.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

People keep asking if the landowners said something racial to him?

I do not care what they said to him, nothing gives him the right to gun down 8 people (5 of them unarmed). There is no justification for this!

In todays paper the Mong community is saying that they are not not welcome when they go hunting here.

This is not going to make the hunters around here greet them with open arms.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

From what I understand there has been a problem with the Lao peole and the hunters for a long time in Wisconsin.

From what i read they have no respect for laws and regulations they hunt where they please when they please and take as big a bag limit as they feel. So annimosity has been growing between the two groups.

Doesn't justify a massacre but I'm sure the land owner didn't go up to him and say "excuse me your on my land I'm gonna have to ask you to leave"

I'm sure it was more violent and frustrated a conversation.
    And that caliber of gun is used often for taking big game and small game as well.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Sounds like the government should step in and edumacate the Hmong people...they need to understand that they are living in America and must follow American laws. If I was living in Laos, I am sure that I would be subject to whatever rules and regulations that the Laotian government has put into place. I am not against immigration (as almost all of our ancestors were immigrants at one time and that is what our country was founded on), but if someone comes here to live, they should be willing and able to understand what the rules are and follow them as much as possible. None of this justifies the reaction from either side, but the trespasser definitely crossed the line (no matter what was said to him).

Good to have you back, Del Rio!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Someone tell me more about this sks assault rifle that was used...I'm not really familiar with that type of weapon...someone say it is used for small game? It seems extreme but then again, I'm not super familiar with the rules and regs in the states.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I just don't get how difficult it is to say, "May I please hunt on your land?" instead of just going on when and where you want. What if there are children living on that land? What if a house was just over the ridge?

I don't doubt something racial may have been said. I also don't doubt there may have been a language barrier in the course of the discussion. However, five people are dead, including a 19 year-old girl from the Green Bay area.

How scary....your buddy radios you to tell you he's been shot, then as you ride your ATV's out to find him, you get shot from 500 feet away, not knowing how or why you're getting shot at.

Someone can correct me...I don't claim to speak for all Hmong, but in working with young Hmong people from around the Wausau/Stevens Point area, many of the children are really suffering the culture war between the parents who have immigrated and the culture they live in. I think a lot of these young Hmong are going to be raising their own children with more American values (whether that is good or bad). It's probably no different than when the Irish or Italians immigrated: the parents sacrificed so their kids could integrate and live better lives.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast