Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    LOL GOOD!!

    Not a fan of hunting.. I dont get why people think sitting in a tree for hours in the cold is fun and most of the time not seeing anything

    And if you do you get a couple shots off at an animal.. I would just shoot at targets seems funner I can control everything

    Not nagging on hunting... I just find it boring and pointless unless you are doing it for the need of food

    Agreed. Hunting in America is one of the most bourgeois things on earth. "If we don't kill them, they'll die!"
    You need to come use Marrdro's guide service V4L.
    You will see something if I put you in one of my super secret special tree's.

    ;D

    Seriously though,,,,.....bourgeois,.....not sure about that.

    Hunters are probably our own worst nightmare and give more than enough ammo to the "Non Hunters" of this world with respect to helping them hate something that some of us find very enjoyable.
    Most of those yutz's aren't really hunters IMHO because most of them don't put much thought into it and are only there for the weekend of wine, women and song instead of the other stuff like:

    a.
    Sighting in your weapon (Bow, Rifle etc) to make sure you make a ethical shot ensuring a clean kill.
    b.
    Hours of scouting to ensure you know not only what direction the animals are moving from, but going to.
    I can almost tell you what animal will present itself first from the time I put in trees during the offseason watching/observing them.
    At this point in my life, this is more fun that actually harvesting the animal.
    c.
    Hours spent processing the meat from the animal so that you can eat it.
    Nothing pisses a ethical hunter off more than the yutz's who are just out there to kill something and then let the meat go to waste.
    d.
    Hours spent with your son/wife/family/friends as you pursue the art of hunting.
    I couldn't have been more proud of my son this year as he completed a through c and harvested a nice 6 pt buck this year that made some gol 'darnit fine eating.

    Long story short, could I get meat for my freezer from a grocery store?
    Sure, however, after growing up a butchers son, I've seen what the large processors/farmers put into some of those animals to get them to the right state for butchering.

    I would much rather eat fresh meat that I've harvested myself.

    Additionally, if you were to look at most programs in the states that support wildlife and thier associated preserves, you will find that most of that money comes from yutz's like me who love to sit in trees or float around the water on our boats, via our license fee's and taxes on the equipment we use in pursuit of the sport we love.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    LOL GOOD!!

    Not a fan of hunting.. I dont get why people think sitting in a tree for hours in the cold is fun and most of the time not seeing anything

    And if you do you get a couple shots off at an animal.. I would just shoot at targets seems funner I can control everything

    Not nagging on hunting... I just find it boring and pointless unless you are doing it for the need of food
    I believe hunters and folks who fish often know more about the animals they hunt, and are pretty conservation minded. The only thing I don't like is the "Trophy" aspect of hunting. It seems we only covet the biggest best animals, which after decades weakens the DNA of the remaining animals. Deer are like fleas in some area's and need to be culled, but hunters should take less prominant Bucks, and let those 10+ pointers proliferate. Maybe allow the Trophy Bucks off years in the hunting season, or just issue special tags for them with a very limited amount to be given out. The health of a area's deer population is monitered and these special "Big Buck" tags can be issued in different area's in cycle's.

    +1 million.

  3. #13
    Vikestand's Avatar
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    801

    Re: Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    LOL GOOD!!

    Not a fan of hunting.. I dont get why people think sitting in a tree for hours in the cold is fun and most of the time not seeing anything

    And if you do you get a couple shots off at an animal.. I would just shoot at targets seems funner I can control everything

    Not nagging on hunting... I just find it boring and pointless unless you are doing it for the need of food
    I believe hunters and folks who fish often know more about the animals they hunt, and are pretty conservation minded. The only thing I don't like is the "Trophy" aspect of hunting. It seems we only covet the biggest best animals, which after decades weakens the DNA of the remaining animals. Deer are like fleas in some area's and need to be culled, but hunters should take less prominant Bucks, and let those 10+ pointers proliferate. Maybe allow the Trophy Bucks off years in the hunting season, or just issue special tags for them with a very limited amount to be given out. The health of a area's deer population is monitered and these special "Big Buck" tags can be issued in different area's in cycle's.

    +1 million.
    Here in Missouri there are a lot of counties with antler restrictions...Meaning only being able to kill a buck with 8 points or more...What a shame for kids having to pass up their first bucks....


    By Pack93z

    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

  4. #14
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

    I know guys im not nagging on hunting

    Just not for me.. I haven't really gave it a shot but have been thinking about it cuz everyone up here loves it.. Only time I went hunting was goose hunting.. We sat in holes we dug with corn and como on us for hours.. It just got boring to me

    I give you guys props though.. I hate waking up at 4-5 in the morning.. I couldn't do that to go hunt.. And sit out in 0 degree weather for hours and not get bored


  5. #15
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

    "V4L" wrote:
    I know guys im not nagging on hunting

    Just not for me.. I haven't really gave it a shot but have been thinking about it cuz everyone up here loves it.. Only time I went hunting was goose hunting.. We sat in holes we dug with corn and como on us for hours.. It just got boring to me

    I give you guys props though.. I hate waking up at 4-5 in the morning.. I couldn't do that to go hunt.. And sit out in 0 degree weather for hours and not get bored

    Then you need to try Pheasant hunting. You don't start til 9:00 and you gets lots of exercise. Plus it is never boring watching the dogs do their thing looking for the birds.

  6. #16
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

    "singersp" wrote:
    First thing I thought of........

    [youtube=425,350]khKrd1RNy2U&feature=related[/youtube]
    What a weirdo. Who drinks elk urine. Two words come to mind, Nut and case.

  7. #17
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I know guys im not nagging on hunting

    Just not for me.. I haven't really gave it a shot but have been thinking about it cuz everyone up here loves it.. Only time I went hunting was goose hunting.. We sat in holes we dug with corn and como on us for hours.. It just got boring to me

    I give you guys props though.. I hate waking up at 4-5 in the morning.. I couldn't do that to go hunt.. And sit out in 0 degree weather for hours and not get bored

    Then you need to try Pheasant hunting. You don't start til 9:00 and you gets lots of exercise. Plus it is never boring watching the dogs do their thing looking for the birds.
    You should go hunting with Dick Cheney.

  8. #18
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I know guys im not nagging on hunting

    Just not for me.. I haven't really gave it a shot but have been thinking about it cuz everyone up here loves it.. Only time I went hunting was goose hunting.. We sat in holes we dug with corn and como on us for hours.. It just got boring to me

    I give you guys props though.. I hate waking up at 4-5 in the morning.. I couldn't do that to go hunt.. And sit out in 0 degree weather for hours and not get bored

    Then you need to try Pheasant hunting. You don't start til 9:00 and you gets lots of exercise. Plus it is never boring watching the dogs do their thing looking for the birds.
    You should go hunting with Dick Cheney.
    That would be safer than target shooting with Plaxico Burress

  9. #19
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,499

    Re: Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    That would be safer than target shooting with Plaxico Burress
    Why? The only target he can hit is himself.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #20
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Deer gets revenge after hunter shoots him

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I know guys im not nagging on hunting

    Just not for me.. I haven't really gave it a shot but have been thinking about it cuz everyone up here loves it.. Only time I went hunting was goose hunting.. We sat in holes we dug with corn and como on us for hours.. It just got boring to me

    I give you guys props though.. I hate waking up at 4-5 in the morning.. I couldn't do that to go hunt.. And sit out in 0 degree weather for hours and not get bored

    Then you need to try Pheasant hunting. You don't start til 9:00 and you gets lots of exercise. Plus it is never boring watching the dogs do their thing looking for the birds.
    You should go hunting with Dick Cheney.
    I have better people to hunt with thank you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Revenge Of The Schism
    By XTAP59 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 08:17 AM
  2. Man shoots himself in arm after being denied sex
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 09:39 PM
  3. Spooked deer takes 'revenge' on runner
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 10:00 AM
  4. Wisconsin Hunter Bags Deer With 7 Legs
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 05:07 AM
  5. bow hunter
    By nextvikingsstar in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 03:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •