Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Deer For Breakfast

tastes like chicken

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Kindof cool, however, in another way it is sad.

Those deer, to a point, are more comfortable around man than they should be.
    That will cause them to not be as careful out in the wild.
    Some yutz with a gun will be sitting around and one of these will walk right up to him and he will whack it.

I think I can speak for all hunters, I would rather take one by outsmarting it than in that manner.

On a side note, those back straps sure would taste good after being fattened up by that old couple.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

Some yutz with a gun will be sitting around and one of these will walk right up to him and he will whack it.

I think I can speak for all hunters, I would rather take one by outsmarting it than in that manner.

On a side note, those back straps sure would taste good after being fattened up by that old couple.

Don't you use dogs to flush them out, then whack them?
    Exactly how is that outsmarting them?
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Don't you use dogs to flush them out, then whack them?
    Exactly how is that outsmarting them?
    :P
    LOL, yes, during one of the 3 deer season we have here in VA, we use dogs to flush them out of briar patches so thick a man can't even get in.
    For the other 2, we still hunt them just like you chuckleheads up North.... :-*
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

He probably raises them, or keeps them as pets.. I know a guy with a lot of pet deer, he sells doe in heat piss, and breeds monster bucks to sell to game farms in the states.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Never liked the taste of venison, tried it probably every way possible and people guaranteed I would like it. Still no
    I bet you haven't tried it "cold-packed" (canned)

That's the best next to summer sausage & farmers style
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
    Not the dreded " Canned Venison!
    LMAO

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

Another problem is that concentrating them in feeding areas helps promote the accelerated spread of diseases within the population that would not happen under normal situations. The spread of CWD is one such example but there are others.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Very good point. Also the deer might rely so much on getting food from humans that they end up starving during the winter.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Very good point. Also the deer might rely so much on getting food from humans that they end up starving during the winter.
    Unless they feed them during the winter here as well.

We have a couple that live less than a mile from us down the highway that fed the deer shell corn all year around. Every evening a dozen or more came down to feed.

Problem was, they lived next to HWY 35 & some of them would get killed on the highway outside their home.

The county/state got tired of all the accidents & carcass clean up that they told the residents that if they continued to feed them, they would be held liable for all damages & clean up that the road killed deer caused.

They no longer feed them.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Not sure if anybody watched this. Feeding deer is one thing. Bears......

[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ab-7wezpGNA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast