Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Darwin Award! DOH!

Uh, officer, is this really crack I bought? :duh:
    Man arrested after allegedly handing pipe to cops for an authenticity check

The Associated Press
    Updated: 6:31 p.m. ET March 22, 2006

TAMPA, Fla. - A man is behind bars in Tampa after allegedly asking two uniformed officers to test a crack pipe.

Police say the man doubted whether he was being sold actual crack cocaine, so he approached the officers and asked them to test his pipe so he could be sure.

Turned out it was the real thing. Authorities say the man was arrested after the residue in his pipe tested positive for crack cocaine.

He's listed in jail records as a security worker at MacDill Air Force Base.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11963554/

For more awards:
    http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/
    DOH!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Darwin Award! DOH!

:shock:

DOH is right!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Ha.. What an idiot

I've heard of people asking cops if a bag they just bought was oregano or pot before.. Never crack though.. And never saw it printed like that

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Well...it would only count as a Darwin Award if he DIED in prison. Otherwise, he'll just have to settle for "Idiot of the Year."

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

now this article is deserving of a darwin(it's a legal award entry too!)

CHICAGO SUN-TIMES

Man severs own penis, throws it at officers

March 17, 2006

BY ERIC HERMAN Staff Reporter

Before cops threw the book at him, Jakub Fik threw something unusual at them -- his penis.

Fik, 33, cut off his own penis during a Northwest Side rampage Wednesday morning. When confronted by police, Fik hurled several knives and his severed organ at the officers, police said. Officers stunned him with a Taser and took him into custody.

"We took him out without any serious injury, with the exception of his own," said Chicago Police Sgt. Edward Dolan of the 16th District.

Doctors at Northwestern Memorial Hospital reattached Fik's penis Wednesday, sources said. He was listed in good condition Thursday, according to hospital spokesman Andrew Buchanan, who declined to comment further.

Fik, who lives in the 5400 block of W. Berenice, is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of criminal damage to property, said Officer Laura Kubiak. He told paramedics he was distraught over problems with his girlfriend in Poland, Dolan said.

Police arrived on Fik's block at 8:20 a.m. Wednesday after receiving reports he was smashing car windows, Dolan said. Fik then broke into a house down the block. A group of six or seven officers assembled in front of the house, Dolan said.

The occupants were not home, he added.

Fik was bleeding when the officers arrived and may have already cut off his organ, Dolan said.

"At that point, this guy came running out, naked, with a handful of knives . . . and started throwing knives at the police officers that were 10, 20, 30 feet away," Dolan said.

Fik threw his penis during the confrontation, too, Dolan said. He then went back into the house and re-emerged with "another handful of knives," Dolan said.

Dolan sneaked to the side of the bungalow's front steps and stunned Fik with the Taser. Fik fought back when officers went to restrain him, Dolan said.

"About 10 feet from the front porch, right on the sidewalk, was his penis," Dolan said.

Dr. Greg Bales, associate professor of urology at the University of Chicago, said severed penises are uncommon but surgery usually works.

"As long as the penis is placed on ice and reattached within a few hours, the success is usually pretty good," Bales said.

if the guys sterile now, it's eliglbe for a darwin, if he can still make babies it's good for an honourable mentiion

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I am not EVER gonna sever ANYTHING on my body!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

he proly has an amputee fetish. i saw a guy with that on untold stories of the e.r. (emergency room)
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

my god. they censor the wor used in the story for the male genitailia. seriously that and not being able to refer to my donkeys as an ass is too much IMO

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Sounds like his brain was already fried from using crack! :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]