Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Danica Patrick prepares for NASCAR debut at Dayton

Danica Patrick prepares for NASCAR debut at Daytona

Were are all our NASCAR fans?

Not very big on this sport and will typically watch Ping Pong before I spend any time watching a bunch of "Red Necks" go around in a circle, but damn if I ain't gonna watch that thar race today. Might be the amount of Beast I've consumed....

Any other "Non" NASCAR fans gonna turn it on for at least a few laps?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Danica Patrick prepares for NASCAR debut at Dayton

I would only care if she did it naked in a convertible. Now that would be good television.
    We're bringing purple back.

Re:Danica Patrick prepares for NASCAR debut at Dayton

I can honestly say that not only was that the first time I waited to watch NASCAR, it was the first time I have ever watched a race.

I felt Danica did pretty good. Seemed like everyone was impressed with her driving that kept her out of the first wreck and coudn't have really done any better in the one that took her out.

As I said, don't watch it much, but I found that listening to the comms between driver and spotter/Crew chief pretty interesting.

In the end, I might have become a NASCAR fan today if my girl racer can keep it up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Never have I seen a more boring sport than Nascar. I'd rather watch snooker, curling or bowls.

Formula 1, now that's where it's at. Even though it doesn't have any women... Who have way too many clothes on in that car, anyway.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    I can honestly say that not only was that the first time I waited to watch NASCAR, it was the first time I have ever watched a race.

I felt Danica did pretty good. Seemed like everyone was impressed with her driving that kept her out of the first wreck and coudn't have really done any better in the one that took her out.

As I said, don't watch it much, but I found that listening to the comms between driver and spotter/Crew chief pretty interesting.

In the end, I might have become a NASCAR fan today if my girl racer can keep it up.
    Pit strategy is where its at for me. A lot more goes into it then just left, left, left, fuel, left, left, etc. Plus the endurance for the drivers. Some people think it would be easy, but imagine being strapped into a car for 3 hours, never getting out to stretch/pee/etc, not having any air conditioning (those cars can get very hot), and constantly being unable to relax - this isn't a drive through the woods, it is 500 miles of muscles tensed driving at ridiculous speeds only a couple of inches from another car...

NASCAR is a nice offseason sport for me. I follow it pretty closely until football starts up again. I tend not to follow the Nationwide series as much as Sprint though, so I missed Danica's debut.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Pit strategy is where its at for me. A lot more goes into it then just left, left, left, fuel, left, left, etc. Plus the endurance for the drivers. Some people think it would be easy, but imagine being strapped into a car for 3 hours, never getting out to stretch/pee/etc, not having any air conditioning (those cars can get very hot), and constantly being unable to relax - this isn't a drive through the woods, it is 500 miles of muscles tensed driving at ridiculous speeds only a couple of inches from another car...

NASCAR is a nice offseason sport for me. I follow it pretty closely until football starts up again. I tend not to follow the Nationwide series as much as Sprint though, so I missed Danica's debut.
    Can't remember which driver it was, but Wildman was telling me about a guy who just rented pit crews but opted to go ahead and train one for this season.

Seems it wasn't working out to well because he kept loosing spots when he went into the pits.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I was going to watch this, then I decided to just look up Danica Patrick's photos on the Internet instead, but, even that got boring. So, I decided to reenact smuggling moonshine, but, realized that my suburban didn't go fast enough. So, I just had a beer and pretended that NASCAR does not exist.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Did she win or did she get naked?
    We're bringing purple back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Rockmolder wrote:
    Never have I seen a more boring sport than Nascar. I'd rather watch snooker, curling or bowls.

Formula 1, now that's where it's at. Even though it doesn't have any women... Who have way too many clothes on in that car, anyway.
    Yeah, nothing like a race where all the excitement is in the first turn because no one can pass another car once the race gets going. Weeeeeeeeee.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

potholes are cool