Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Dangerous Ground

So I'm reading about this petition to save Tookie Williams. He was a co-founder of the Crips. He is slated to be executed on December 13th. He murdered four people.

I guess while on deathrow he has done a bunch of "good" things for the community and such and now people want him taken off death row.

I was just wondering if anyone has been following this story at all or if any one has any opinions on it. Will Arnold let Tookie go, should he?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dangerous Ground

Don't really know the story,

But if he murdered 4 innocent people, imagine the pain and grief their familys sufferd, and are re-living now when they have to live it again via the medias...

If that was the sentence then, let it be done...

But I'de have to look at what the real story was......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Del Rio Guest

Here's a link to some info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Williams

I can't decide how I feel about this yet.

Prophet Guest

That dude has gone through some shit. I didn't know about the case. I'm not a big fan of the death penalty in most cases. Don't know enough about the case, but if he can do some good....from behind bars...then I'm for it.

Del Rio Guest

I guess they met with Arnold yesterday in a last ditch effort. I am pro death penalty, and I don't think I would lose any sleep if California goes through with it.

There's one guy here at work who is all upset over it and has been trying to recruit us to support his opinion.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

The bullets in his gat were real. He was convicted of the 1979 murders of four people in two separate robberies -- convenience store worker Albert Owens, 26; and motel owners Yen-I Yang, 76; Tsai-Shai Yang, 63; and their daughter Yee-Chen Lin, 43. Williams has been on death row since 1981; that he has consistently maintained his innocence of all four killings hardly makes him unique. There's no dramatic new DNA evidence or anything like that to cast doubt on his guilt.

Found this in the Washington Post...

This is what I was looking for, they weren't rival gang members, or someone who maybe took a family members life, and it wasn't an act of pay back..

These where hard working and innocent Americans.....Murders where done during robberies.....Pure hate of others........Sad, but payback is a bitch sometimes...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

SamDawg84 Guest

he deserves it. look at who he killed and the ages of some of them. and for no reason. i like how he has been trying to help latley but its too late!

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

Lets take all gang related activity out of the picture for a minute and reverse the facts. What if the sequence of events went the other way? What if the guy had lived an ideal life 20-30 years. Helped kids, contributed to society, took care of his family, maybe even written a book or two, and then one day gets jacked up on PCP and kills four people? Does he deserve special treatment based upon his life before the crime? Why should this guy deserve special treatment based on his life after the crime.

The guy may have reformed, and you can not dispute that he has done some pretty good things since being sentenced to 24 years ago, but who knows what the people that he killed may have accomplished in that same time frame if given the chance. (Even though two were in their 70's, and one was a gas station atendant...)

My main objection with this is the fact that it even takes 24 years to carry out a sentance that was assigned after a jury found "beyond a reasonable doubt" that he commited the murders. My tax dollars have been paying for his education and supplies and room and board and meals and entertainment since 1981.

Del Rio Guest

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10381516/site/newsweek/

Recent info ^

You know I did a paper in college on capital punishment and I agree with the 20+ years being way out of wack.

What I worry about now more then ever is KNOWING 100% that someone did something. There is pretty much zero evidence this guy did these things.

With all the innocent people that get jailed or arrested that have been recently pardoned with DNA evidence, it just worries me a bit.

That being said if he did do these things he should die. Reform is easier when you are sentenced to die. If all he was given was life in prison I don't know that he would have changed at all.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Good.

All the good that he is doing now does not even come close to making up for the murders of 4 lives and the pain and suffering he has caused their family.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast