Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn Walmart :(

aceclown is offline Coach

Re: gol 'darnit Walmart :(

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Figured i'd reply to my old thread from last week since i ranted when it first happend.
    I'm pretty new to ebay, but after this incident i love it.

Sold my PS3 version of the game and bought the Xbox 360 version and only lost $1.
    I actually had a bid in with 7 minutes left where i would have made $6 profit.. but i had some last minute competition

<3 Ebay <3
    What i tell ya?
    Glad it worked out.
    Just a tip for the future, never bid on an auction with more than 1 minute left.
    If you put in a bid with any more time left than that you will always be outbid.
    By placing a bid with a lot of time left all you are doing is running the price up for yourself.

Chuch.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Damn Walmart :(

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Figured i'd reply to my old thread from last week since i ranted when it first happend.

Sold my PS3 version of the game and bought the Xbox 360 version and only lost $1.
    I actually had a bid in with 7 minutes left where i would have made $6 profit.. but i had some last minute competition

<3 Ebay <3
    Ah, my young inexperienced eBayer, never bid on an eBay auction unless you are the first bidder. Wait to place your bid when there is 30 seconds or less left in the auction, depending on the speed of your computer. It gives the other bidders less time to try & out bid you or they don't even have the time to place a bid. Make your bid for what you are willing to pay for the item & just don't simply try to bid a tad higher than what is already the high bid. Regardless of what you bid, the price will only go up to the next increment higher than the highest bid anyway.

Bidding during the auction while there is still plenty of time left, only drives the bids higher because someone somewhere is going to try & out bid you just to be the high bidder & someone somewhere is going to try & outbid them.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

<3 Ebay <3
    Ah, my young inexperienced eBayer, never bid on an eBay auction unless you are the first bidder. Wait to place your bid when there is 30 seconds or less left in the auction, depending on the speed of your computer. It gives the other bidders less time to try & out bid you or they don't even have the time to place a bid. Make your bid for what you are willing to pay for the item & just don't simply try to bid a tad higher than what is already the high bid. Regardless of what you bid, the price will only go up to the next increment higher than the highest bid anyway.

Bidding during the auction while there is still plenty of time left, only drives the bids higher because someone somewhere is going to try & out bid you just to be the high bidder & someone somewhere is going to try & outbid them.
    There wasn't a single one where there havnt been bids.
    All of them ranged from 8-15 bids.

And yea i realised immediatly i should have waited a little longer to bid

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Option B:

It doesn't work, return it for another copy... an unopened copy
    Go back later, and return the new unopened one for the other version

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    Option B:

Yea i was going to try that, and it probably would have worked considering it was Walmart.

And even if it didnt work i could have sold the unopened copy for basically store price on ebay.
    Oh well tho, my game should be here early some time next week, and i'm content

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    Option B:

Problem with that is he has a PS3 version & needs the XBOX version. Since they wouldn't exchange it for a XBOX version 10 minutes after he bought it, I doubt they would exchange an open one for a different format.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Option B:

Problem with that is he has a PS3 version & needs the XBOX version. Since they wouldn't exchange it for a XBOX version 10 minutes after he bought it, I doubt they would exchange an open one for a different format.
    No, that would work because he would then have the UNOPENED xbox360 version after he exchanged the one that's "defective" and would be able to go in and say that he wanted the PS3 version, allowing them to exchange it since it's unopened. Kind of a hassle and you would have to hope that you don't get the same salesman twice...

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Option B:

No, that would work because he would then have the UNOPENED xbox360 version after he exchanged the one that's "defective" and would be able to go in and say that he wanted the PS3 version, allowing them to exchange it since it's unopened. Kind of a hassle and you would have to hope that you don't get the same salesman twice...
    you got the versions backwards but yea ik your point, just wasn't worth they multiple trips to walmart for me

- Dan Calabrese

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    I just got back from Walmart with my friend and mom.
    My mother decided to buy me Assassin's Creed (a video game for you old guys).
    And we were literally just leaving the parking lot and i opened the case to look at it.
    As soon as i opened it i realised it was a Play Station 3 game.. well just so happens i have an Xbox 360, not a PS3.

Well, considering we had the receipt from not even 10 minutes ago, i walked back in to ask if there was anything they could do for an exchange.
    Well.. they have a policy if its opened they won't take it back, even tho i just talked to the same guy that got it for me.

So now i'm stuck with a 60 dollar birthday present for a video game system i don't have
    :'( i really wanted the game too... You'd think a multi-billion dollar cooporation could have at least some slack.. i'm pissed
    Okay here is what you do. Take the game opened back to Walmart without the receipt. Tell them you got it as a gift and it does not work. They will give you a new one unwrapped. Then take it back to A DIFFERENT Walmart to Exchange for the 360 version.

Sorry did not see earlier post. This will work.

Good Luck!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Assassin's Creed is a sweet game.

Check out the avatar.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast