Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn Walmart :(

aceclown is offline Coach

Re: gol 'darnit Walmart :(

Go on ebay, sell your ps3 game, you should be able to get at least 50 for it.

Use the money from the sale to go and get the 360 version.

Might be a little more work, but if the people Walmart are being complete assses about it, this might be your next best option.

Chuch.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"douginc" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    I just got back from Walmart with my friend and mom.
    My mother decided to buy me Assassin's Creed (a video game for you old guys).
    And we were literally just leaving the parking lot and i opened the case to look at it.
    As soon as i opened it i realised it was a Play Station 3 game.. well just so happens i have an Xbox 360, not a PS3.

Well, considering we had the receipt from not even 10 minutes ago, i walked back in to ask if there was anything they could do for an exchange.
    Well.. they have a policy if its opened they won't take it back, even tho i just talked to the same guy that got it for me.

So now i'm stuck with a 60 dollar birthday present for a video game system i don't have
    :'( i really wanted the game too... You'd think a multi-billion dollar cooporation could have at least some slack.. i'm pissed
    I'd call you stupid.......but I did the EXACT same thing back in '04 with the newest Tiger Woods Golf game.
    I owned an Xbox, but the clerk gave me the PS2 game accidentally.
    I opened it at home first before realizing it.
    Fortunately, the customer service woman was elderly and extremely polite.
    She said her company needs to learn the customers are right, looked at me, winked, and asked if the game was defective.
    I was like, uhhh, sure?
    She said, great, then I'll put this with defectives.
    Now, we'll get you the exact same game.
    She sent someone to the electronics department, and exchanged it with the Xbox version.
    She looked at me and just said, 'whoops, guess we must be out of the PS2 copies.
    Would this one be OK?'

Idiots underestimate customer service.
    If a store wants your money and customer support, they should treat you like family.
    Now, since they didn't, they essentially send you an invitation: "Hey, why not check out our competition, then?"
    Which is not a good idea.
    The customer might find a better relationship.
    I was lucky, but still, F*** Walmart's return policy on things like this.

Simple logic could probably tell you were not a master video game copier and pirating thief, and they should have exchanged the game.
    : Most store that I know of have the exact same policy?

How damn hard is it to look at a game before you pay for it & look for the 3 or 4 letters PS2 or XBOX?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "douginc" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    And we were literally just leaving the parking lot and i opened the case to look at it.
    As soon as i opened it i realised it was a Play Station 3 game.. well just so happens i have an Xbox 360, not a PS3.

Well, considering we had the receipt from not even 10 minutes ago, i walked back in to ask if there was anything they could do for an exchange.
    Well.. they have a policy if its opened they won't take it back, even tho i just talked to the same guy that got it for me.

So now i'm stuck with a 60 dollar birthday present for a video game system i don't have
    :'( i really wanted the game too... You'd think a multi-billion dollar cooporation could have at least some slack.. i'm pissed
    I'd call you stupid.......but I did the EXACT same thing back in '04 with the newest Tiger Woods Golf game.
    She said her company needs to learn the customers are right, looked at me, winked, and asked if the game was defective.
    I was like, uhhh, sure?
    She sent someone to the electronics department, and exchanged it with the Xbox version.
    She looked at me and just said, 'whoops, guess we must be out of the PS2 copies.
    Would this one be OK?'

If a store wants your money and customer support, they should treat you like family.
    Now, since they didn't, they essentially send you an invitation: "Hey, why not check out our competition, then?"

Simple logic could probably tell you were not a master video game copier and pirating thief, and they should have exchanged the game.

How damn hard is it to look at a game before you pay for it & look for the 3 or 4 letters PS2 or XBOX?
    LMFAO! I was thinking that myself but I did not want to say it.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "douginc" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

I was like, uhhh, sure?
    Would this one be OK?'

my mom bought it and she's technology stupid.

and i'm not blaming them :P i just hate walmart and was upset so needed to rant.
    It was my birthday present and my family is not exactly rich, very far from it as a matter of fact, so i was upset since theres not a chance my mom would be able to afford to buy anything else, and she feels bad cuz of it

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Just lie and say it doesnt work.....That is what I would do ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "douginc" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

I was like, uhhh, sure?
    Would this one be OK?'

and i'm not blaming them :P i just hate walmart and was upset so needed to rant.
    It was my birthday present and my family is not exactly rich, very far from it as a matter of fact, so i was upset since theres not a chance my mom would be able to afford to buy anything else, and she feels bad cuz of it
    Tell your mom you love her and do not tell her she messed up.

Re: Damn Walmart :(

thats what i basically did :P i just told her not to worry about it and i'd get the right one.
    <3 ebay <3

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "douginc" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

I was like, uhhh, sure?
    Would this one be OK?'

But you were with her when she bought it & you were the one who opened it right away. Didn't you look?

I'm not a big games & don't own any, but I have boughten them for my girls before. Isn't there a difference between the cases that
    a PS3, XBOX & game cube come in. Could have sworn there was.

Perhaps you could sell it to a friend & put that money towards one that is for your gaming system.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Figured i'd reply to my old thread from last week since i ranted when it first happend.
    I'm pretty new to ebay, but after this incident i love it.

Sold my PS3 version of the game and bought the Xbox 360 version and only lost $1.
    I actually had a bid in with 7 minutes left where i would have made $6 profit.. but i had some last minute competition

<3 Ebay <3

- Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast