Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn Walmart :(

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Damn Walmart :(

I just got back from Walmart with my friend and mom.
    My mother decided to buy me Assassin's Creed (a video game for you old guys).
    And we were literally just leaving the parking lot and i opened the case to look at it.
    As soon as i opened it i realised it was a Play Station 3 game.. well just so happens i have an Xbox 360, not a PS3.

Well, considering we had the receipt from not even 10 minutes ago, i walked back in to ask if there was anything they could do for an exchange.
    Well.. they have a policy if its opened they won't take it back, even tho i just talked to the same guy that got it for me.

So now i'm stuck with a 60 dollar birthday present for a video game system i don't have
    :'( i really wanted the game too... You'd think a multi-billion dollar cooporation could have at least some slack.. i'm pissed

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: gol 'darnit Walmart :(

I would call back and ask to speak with a manager.
    Be polite and admit that you made the mistake in buying the wrong one, but also explain that you returned to the store immediately when you realized the mistake.

The policy is not unique to walmart.
    Most stores would not take it back because the chances of someone opening it up, copying the disc, and returning it.
    Don't be surprised if there isn't anything they can do, but you might be surprised how far a little politeness and talking to the right people can get you.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Damn Walmart :(

That's easy, tell your Mom you need a PS3 and flat screen LCD to go with it.

JK, that sucks, I guess you'll have to take it to a Gamestop or eBay and see what you can get for it then get the right one.

That happened to me once at Target and I took it back to the returns desk and said it had a glitch and wouldn't save (instead of saying I grabbed the wrong one).
    They gave me an exchange receipt and sent me back to electronics.
    The electronics guy noticed the difference when I asked for the 360 version though and for the life of me I can't remember if he ended up giving me the game for the right system or not.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Sorry but you are screwed.
    The only thing they will do is exchange it for the exact same game for the exact same console.
    It's actually not a store policy is is a government piracy policy.

"lakehubertviking" wrote:

JK, that sucks, I guess you'll have to take it to a Gamestop or eBay and see what you can get for it then get the right one.

That happened to me once at Target and I took it back to the returns desk and said it had a glitch and wouldn't save (instead of saying I grabbed the wrong one).
    The electronics guy noticed the difference when I asked for the 360 version though and for the life of me I can't remember if he ended up giving me the game for the right system or not.
    i've already got my own 37" LCD HDTV that i bought for football
    ;D but yea, i figured i probably couldn't get it exchanged.. just sucks that i was literally right outside the store and the same guy that helped me not 10 minutes ago couldnt exchange it
    :'(

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Nobody should ever buy anything at Wal-Mart...The Waltons are the anti-christ.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Sell it on ebay. You will be able to get most your money back.

"marstc09" wrote:
    Sell it on ebay. You will be able to get most your money back.
    yea i already listed it there, after calling around i decided that'd be the best bet.

Gamestop would give me $30 store credit :P lol.
    So as soon as it sells on ebay i'm going to buy the 360 version on there too

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "lakehubertviking" wrote:

i've already got my own 37" LCD HDTV that i bought for football
    ;D but yea, i figured i probably couldn't get it exchanged.. just sucks that i was literally right outside the store and the same guy that helped me not 10 minutes ago couldnt exchange it
    :'(
    LOL! I hope your not blaming Wal-Mart for your mistake. I can understand their reasoning Even if you just bought it.

Suppose you already had that game, but some how damaged the disk & it was bad.

You could have taken it to WM with you, left it in the car, went in & bought a replacement, came out, opened it, swapped the bad disk for the good one & walked back into the store & asked for a refund.

I'm sure similar things have been done, which is why with video games, CD's & the like, if you open it, you bought it. Unless the CD/game is bad itself, in which case like BLV said, they'll usually replace it for the same exact CD/game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

douginc is offline Starter

Re: gol 'darnit Walmart :(

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    I just got back from Walmart with my friend and mom.
    My mother decided to buy me Assassin's Creed (a video game for you old guys).
    And we were literally just leaving the parking lot and i opened the case to look at it.
    As soon as i opened it i realised it was a Play Station 3 game.. well just so happens i have an Xbox 360, not a PS3.

Well, considering we had the receipt from not even 10 minutes ago, i walked back in to ask if there was anything they could do for an exchange.
    Well.. they have a policy if its opened they won't take it back, even tho i just talked to the same guy that got it for me.

So now i'm stuck with a 60 dollar birthday present for a video game system i don't have
    :'( i really wanted the game too... You'd think a multi-billion dollar cooporation could have at least some slack.. i'm pissed
    I'd call you stupid.......but I did the EXACT same thing back in '04 with the newest Tiger Woods Golf game.
    I owned an Xbox, but the clerk gave me the PS2 game accidentally.
    I opened it at home first before realizing it.
    Fortunately, the customer service woman was elderly and extremely polite.
    She said her company needs to learn the customers are right, looked at me, winked, and asked if the game was defective.
    I was like, uhhh, sure?
    She said, great, then I'll put this with defectives.
    Now, we'll get you the exact same game.
    She sent someone to the electronics department, and exchanged it with the Xbox version.
    She looked at me and just said, 'whoops, guess we must be out of the PS2 copies.
    Would this one be OK?'

Idiots underestimate customer service.
    If a store wants your money and customer support, they should treat you like family.
    Now, since they didn't, they essentially send you an invitation: "Hey, why not check out our competition, then?"
    Which is not a good idea.
    The customer might find a better relationship.
    I was lucky, but still, F*** Walmart's return policy on things like this.
    Simple logic could probably tell you were not a master video game copier and pirating thief, and they should have exchanged the game.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast