BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Dad tampered with soup to sue company

When are people going to realize this food scam isn't workin?

ATLANTA - A father accused of poisoning his children’s soup in a scheme to sue the Campbell Soup Co. was indicted on tampering and fraud charges, authorities said.

The children, a 3-year-old boy and his 18-month-old sister, were taken to hospital emergency rooms three times in January.

According to investigators, their father fed them tainted soup each time. On the third occasion, authorities said, he used the prescription drugs Prozac and Amitriptyline — both used to treat depression — making his young daughter so ill she was flow by helicopter to an Atlanta hospital.

William Allen Cunningham, 40, was charged with tampering with consumer products with reckless disregard for the risk that another person would be placed in danger of death or serious bodily injury. He also was charged with mail fraud, wire fraud and communicating false statements that a consumer product had been tampered with.

U.S. Attorney David Nahmias said Cunningham wanted to get money from the manufacturer by claiming its soup caused his children’s illnesses. Cunningham contacted Camden, N.J.-based Campbell by mail and phone to complain, but there was no evidence the soup was tainted when it was purchased, Nahmias said.

The children are now in the custody of their mother, who has not been charged, he said. He declined to comment on their health.

Cunningham was expected to appear before a federal judge next week. If convicted, he could face up to 75 years in prison. Cunningham remained jailed Friday and had no lawyer on record.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13752951/

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dad tampered with soup to sue company

LOCK THAT MUTHAF*CKER UP FOR LIFE!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I think this guy watched that movie "The Sixth Sense" one too many times.

Also reminds me of this guy several years back that put a syringe in a coke can and tried to sue. He eventually broke down and got locked up.

And the now infamous, Wendy's finger-in-the-chili incident. Don't these people know that they will not get away with it? It seems like they think these huge corporations will just give them millions of dollars. Don't think so!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

They need to get a real job, putting crap in food isn't working. The only one that worked was the hot McDonalds coffee on the crotch.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"now take a second to listen before you think this record is dissin, put your self in my position, try to envision witnissin yo momma poppin perscription pills in the kitchin, b!tchin that someone's always goin through her purse and sh!t's missin, goin throw public housin systems victim of Munchausen Syndrome"

sorry, everytime i heard shit like this, i think of those lyrics

the guy that did this yes is sick & greedy, but its actually a disorder where you try and get either someone close to you sick so you get praised for taking care of them, or you do it for money like this. Munchausen Syndrome =

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Someone around where I live put a mouse in there burrito at Taco Bell and tried to sue them to. But then his girlfriend said he had a pet snake and had mice that he fed to it so than he got in trouble.