Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Dad to be jailed 30 days for killing son while hunting

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Only a moron shoots at a figure while hunting before identying the target
    Insert Cheney joke here.
    Atleast this guy was drunk and stoned, what was Cheney's excuse?
    He's a direct descendant of Satan?

[img width=450 height=353]http://www.totalobscurity.com/blog/cheney-grrr-red.jpg[/img]
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Only a silly guy shoots at a figure while hunting before identying the target
    Insert Cheney joke here.
    Atleast this guy was drunk and stoned, what was Cheney's excuse?
    He's a direct descendant of Satan?

[img width=450 height=353]http://www.totalobscurity.com/blog/cheney-grrr-red.jpg[/img]
    Did you see where "The Devil went down to Georgia" in the news?

http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-08-25-voa55.cfm
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    How sad.

Lets look at what went wrong here....

a.
    Booze, Drugs, Guns.
    b.
    Leaving a 8 year old alone in the woods.
    c.
    Not identifying your target.
    d. No blaze orange on the youngster.

This type of stuff gives good hunters bad reputations.

I have been bringing Wildman hunting with me since he was 3.
    He was never left alone until he had passed a hunters safety course and was a licensed hunter (age 13) and when that happened he was still within eye sight of me.
    Additionally, even though turkey's have the best eyesight and can see the blaze orange, it is highly recommended that you wear at least a bit of blaze (especially youngsters).

Again, all very sad.
    Especially for the family that lost a cherished loved one over someones stupidity.

:'(
    Agreed...in the end, after all of indignation for the father, it is just a very sad story.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire family of this little boy.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    That is a ridiculously low sentence. The only consolation is that he still has to live with himself and what he did for the rest of his life and at some point will have to answer to a higher power.
    How is justice served by putting this guy away for a long time?
    How does that help his family?
    He tragically fucked up as awfully as he could possibly fuck up.
    But he's not a criminal.
    As you said, he's going to spend the rest of his life paying for his stupidity.
    That's a life sentence in a much worse prison.

=Z=
    #1 ( and thanks Paul)
    Court records show that Klaseus had alcohol and marijuana in his system at the time. He had a blood-alcohol-concentration of 0.06 percent at the scene. Several partly empty beer packs and a marijuana pipe were found in his truck.
    If you are hunting and handling guns under the influence(and ESPECIALLY if you are doing it with your young son accompanying you) you are not going to get a hell of alot of sympathy from me or get me to call it a tragedy.

If you are hunting, the most basic,fundamental rule is to know your target and never fire your gun unless you:

-Know that what you are shooting at is what you intend to kill
    -Know that there is nothing behind your target that may be hit in the event of a miss or a pass-through.

If you do not follow those simple, basic rules you deserve to be locked up because it is not a tragedy, it is a crime. He obviously did not identify the target and it could have just as likely been an animal he did not have a permit to hunt or even another hunter. There is no excuse for what he did and no way to call it an accident or a tragedy. It was just a man doing something stupid and the result was the loss of a young man who was killed by the one person who should have had no higher priority than to protect him from harm.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    That is a ridiculously low sentence. The only consolation is that he still has to live with himself and what he did for the rest of his life and at some point will have to answer to a higher power.
    He tragically ~messed up~ up as awfully as he could possibly floop up.
    But he's not a criminal.

=Z=
    #1 ( and thanks Paul)
    Court records show that Klaseus had alcohol and marijuana in his system at the time. He had a blood-alcohol-concentration of 0.06 percent at the scene. Several partly empty beer packs and a marijuana pipe were found in his truck.
    If you are hunting and handling guns under the influence(and ESPECIALLY if you are doing it with your young son accompanying you) you are not going to get a hell of alot of sympathy from me or get me to call it a tragedy.

If you are hunting, the most basic,fundamental rule is to know your target and never fire your gun unless you:

-Know that there is nothing behind your target that may be hit in the event of a miss or a pass-through.

If you do not follow those simple, basic rules you deserve to be locked up because it is not a tragedy, it is a crime. He obviously did not identify the target and it could have just as likely been an animal he did not have a permit to hunt or even another hunter. There is no excuse for what he did and no way to call it an accident or a tragedy. It was just a man doing something stupid and the result was the loss of a young man who was killed by the one person who should have had no higher priority than to protect him from harm.

+1.

Nah, screw that.
    +1,000,000
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    He tragically ~messed up~ up as awfully as he could possibly floop up.
    But he's not a criminal.

=Z=
    #1 ( and thanks Paul)

+1.

Nah, screw that.
    +1,000,000

While it was tragic that his own son was killed, a crime was committed & with that comes owning up to & suffering the consequences of that crime.

I'm sure just about everyone here would be outraged if it was their son that got killed & the person that shot him only got 30 days.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

The guy should have to have tattooed on his head or somewhere that says "ask me how I killed my son"

Same goes with sex offenders... they should have tattooed "Ask me how i ruined a child's life"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    The guy should have to have tattooed on his head or somewhere that says "ask me how I killed my son"

Same goes with sex offenders... they should have tattooed "Ask me how i ruined a child's life"

They should also be fixed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12