Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crow

Del Rio Guest

Crow

Two things I have to eat crow on.

#1 I guaranteed Ned that the NFL would fine for the hit on Trent Green, they will not.

The NFL concluded that Geathers was indeed blocked from behind and the Bengals defensive end even twisted his torso to avoid helmet-to-helmet contact.

"I couldn't have done anything different," Geathers said Wednesday, choosing his words carefully and sparingly.

A source close to Geathers told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli that the defensive end was prepared to appeal a fine, had one been forthcoming.

Anderson said quarterbacks who want to take advantage of the protection of a slide must start it before the prospect of imminent contact.

I was way off.

#2 Is still in the air IMO, but I said in a nutshell to DCPOLOGIRL that Randy Moss would make Aaron Brooks put up Daunte Culpepper #'s. Well He has time to come around but with that line I am thinking it is never going to happen so I was really fooking wrong on that one.

That is all proceed.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Crow

"Del" wrote:
    Two things I have to eat crow on.

#1 I guaranteed Ned that the NFL would fine for the hit on Trent Green, they will not.

The NFL concluded that Geathers was indeed blocked from behind and the Bengals defensive end even twisted his torso to avoid helmet-to-helmet contact.

"I couldn't have done anything different," Geathers said Wednesday, choosing his words carefully and sparingly.

A source close to Geathers told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli that the defensive end was prepared to appeal a fine, had one been forthcoming.

Anderson said quarterbacks who want to take advantage of the protection of a slide must start it before the prospect of imminent contact.

I was way off.

#2 Is still in the air IMO, but I said in a nutshell to DCPOLOGIRL that Randy Moss would make Aaron Brooks put up Daunte Culpepper #'s. Well He has time to come around but with that line I am thinking it is never going to happen so I was really fooking wrong on that one.

That is all proceed.

Del,

You are lucky this time, you don't have to eat any crow on my part, I also thought that the player that hit Green would be hit with a big fine also...

I guess we will have to just punish ourselves with a couple of good ole Lobsters .... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, Aaron Brooks sucks! Granted he started against a pretty tough D, but he looked pretty bad!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Prophet Guest

That's bullshit.
    It's more fun when you have to be called on it.

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    That's kaka del toro.
    It's more fun when you have to be called on it.
    I agree, but I wanted the +1 to my post count.

Don't we all del, don't we all......+1 lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I don't think there's any reason Geathers shouldn't have been fined.
    Fromw what I could see, the defensive player didn't even touch him, although he did try.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Are you kidding lucky? The defensive player didn't touch Trent Green? You must be talking/thinking about a different play!

Pirates4Vikings is offline Training Camp

Crow really isn't that bad if you cook it right ...

There's crow kabobs, crow creole, crow gumbo, deep fried crow, stir fried crow, coconut crow, crow scampi, crow soup, bbq crow, crow salad, crow and potatoes, ...

(I had to eat it for a week after the Falcons made it to the Superbowl)

Here's to crow ... and never having to eat it again!
    Who needs a Daunte when you have a Big Johnson?

Del Rio Guest

I just wanted to admit I was wrong so I could get the one time out of the way before the season started to get interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast