Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: creatine...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: creatine...

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    I just started lifting a few months ago and I'm planning on using creatine shortly... I've heard good things...
    I have read up a lot about it on the internet and I only heard good things about it. I have been lifting really consistintly for the past few years and I have never used any kind of strength supplement before but I heard about it and started reading up on it. I guess it naturally occurs in the body and is in meats and stuff so it can't be all bad.

But goph like you said it is new I guess, and they don't know that long term affects. That was the only negative that I could find when reading up on it.
    Yeah, i'm a big health freak so that's why i say what i say about it.
    whatever mr 16 shots :lol:
    [size=18px]Zing! [/size] :lol:

Do I detect a new title looming in the future?

[size=18px]P.P.O.s Mr. 16 Shots[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Come on Singer, Everyone should go through a stage in their youth where they are irresponsible with drinking (assuming it isn't driving drunk). It's like a rite of passage .

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    I just started lifting a few months ago and I'm planning on using creatine shortly... I've heard good things...
    I have read up a lot about it on the internet and I only heard good things about it. I have been lifting really consistintly for the past few years and I have never used any kind of strength supplement before but I heard about it and started reading up on it. I guess it naturally occurs in the body and is in meats and stuff so it can't be all bad.

But goph like you said it is new I guess, and they don't know that long term affects. That was the only negative that I could find when reading up on it.
    Yeah, i'm a big health freak so that's why i say what i say about it.
    whatever mr 16 shots :lol:
    [size=18px]Zing! [/size] :lol:

Do I detect a new title looming in the future?

[size=18px]P.P.O.s Mr. 16 Shots[/size]
    lol i can't believe i even wrote that, i should have saw that zing coming from a mile away too! oh well... haha and hey, a title is a title isn't it?
    :grin:
    ;-)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Come on Singer, Everyone should go through a stage in their youth where they are irresponsible with drinking (assuming it isn't driving drunk). It's like a rite of passage .
    Provided they are 18, not 13, 14, 15 or younger.

You do have to learn sometime.

18 was the legal limit when I was 18 & I'm very adiment in the fact that if you're old enough to die for you're country, you're old enough to drink in it. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

18 was the legal limit when I was 18 & I'm very adiment in the fact that if you're old enough to die for you're country, you're old enough to drink in it. :wink:
    Right...because so many good things can become of that rite of passage. :roll: Like getting girls pregnant (or getting pregnant), contracting STDs, getting arrested for drunk in public or disorderly conduct, failing out of school, being arrested for underage drinking...the list goes on and on, and that doesn't even bring into account all of the emotional pain and suffering that those things can bring. I see it all the time being a college student, people put their lives and their careers in jeopardy to go binge drink. Personally, I'm kind of pro-temperance when it comes to alcohol. I think there should be a much, much bigger push to outlaw (or put more limits on) alcohol than there should be on smoking.

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

Right...because so many good things can become of that rite of passage. :roll: Like getting girls pregnant (or getting pregnant), contracting STDs, getting arrested for drunk in public or disorderly conduct, failing out of school, being arrested for underage drinking...the list goes on and on, and that doesn't even bring into account all of the emotional pain and suffering that those things can bring. I see it all the time being a college student, people put their lives and their careers in jeopardy to go binge drink. Personally, I'm kind of pro-temperance when it comes to alcohol. I think there should be a much, much bigger push to outlaw (or put more limits on) alcohol than there should be on smoking.

More than smoking?!? Wow i disagree very much with that. Being a college student i've seen it myself as well, and it sucks to see so many people out there that get drunk every night of the week and do nothing but that. There are some pretty bad effects from alcohol too, but when you compare it to smoking? I think smoking is much worse. Even if you smoke "in moderation". Not only does smoking devastate the one person's health, but everyone around them too from second hand smoke.
    ;-)

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

More than smoking?!? Wow i disagree very much with that. Being a college student i've seen it myself as well, and it sucks to see so many people out there that get drunk every night of the week and do nothing but that. There are some pretty bad effects from alcohol too, but when you compare it to smoking? I think smoking is much worse. Even if you smoke "in moderation". Not only does smoking devastate the one person's health, but everyone around them too from second hand smoke.
    The difference between alcohol and smoking is that the second hand effects with smoking are avoidable and with alcohol they aren't. If there is someone smoking at a restaurant or in a public place you can obviously see and smell the smoke and you have the opportunity to leave or move elsewhere. If you don't then it's your fault for being there. Drinking and driving is the most deadly part of alcohol, but the people that are killed by drunk drivers have no opportunity to avoid it. They're just driving along and BOOM they're dead. No warning signs, no nothing. Also, alcohol is involved in most domestic abuse cases. How many couples do you know that have been split up by smoking? Has anyone beat their kids over cigarettes? I also think alcohol is more dangerous to people now because binge drinking is so prevalant. If you chain smoke 30 or 40 cigarettes in a row, you won't die within a few hours. If you drink 30 or 40 beers in a row, there's a chance that you could die from alcohol poisoning, so the immediate affects are also damaging. People always point to the long term affects of smoking (which I grant are there) but the long term affects are just as bad with alcohol, and they usually affect just as many organs. Cirrhosis of the liver, kidney disease and stomach problems can all result from alochol. You may say, "Sure, but if you go through the 'rite of passage' it's a relatively small amount of time so those long term affects won't hurt you." That's not even close to true. If you're a heavy drinker, even for a short amount of time cirrhosis can set in very early.

There's no doubt that smoking is bad for you, but to trivialize alcohol and to say it's not nearly as bad as smoking is just flat wrong.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

i drink a little bit, and only for fun, once or twice a month. and i don't have my liscence right now :sad: , so driving drunk isn't a problem for me at least. whn i get my liscence back, i wont drive whilst intoxicated. i have a 3.9 GPA, so school isn't an issue, and I always used to drive for my drunk friends, now we have someone who does the same for us. being the driver isn't all that bad really, you have all kinds of stories from parties that no one else remembers :lol:

"ltrey33" wrote:
    The difference between alcohol and smoking is that the second hand effects with smoking are avoidable and with alcohol they aren't. If there is someone smoking at a restaurant or in a public place you can obviously see and smell the smoke and you have the opportunity to leave or move elsewhere. If you don't then it's your fault for being there. Drinking and driving is the most deadly part of alcohol, but the people that are killed by drunk drivers have no opportunity to avoid it. They're just driving along and BOOM they're dead. No warning signs, no nothing. Also, alcohol is involved in most domestic abuse cases. How many couples do you know that have been split up by smoking? Has anyone beat their kids over cigarettes? I also think alcohol is more dangerous to people now because binge drinking is so prevalant. If you chain smoke 30 or 40 cigarettes in a row, you won't die within a few hours. If you drink 30 or 40 beers in a row, there's a chance that you could die from alcohol poisoning, so the immediate affects are also damaging. People always point to the long term affects of smoking (which I grant are there) but the long term affects are just as bad with alcohol, and they usually affect just as many organs. Cirrhosis of the liver, kidney disease and stomach problems can all result from alochol. You may say, "Sure, but if you go through the 'rite of passage' it's a relatively small amount of time so those long term affects won't hurt you." That's not even close to true. If you're a heavy drinker, even for a short amount of time cirrhosis can set in very early.

There's no doubt that smoking is bad for you, but to trivialize alcohol and to say it's not nearly as bad as smoking is just flat wrong.
    Yeah i'm not saying it's that much better than smoking, but i don't think alcohol is any worse than smoking is, both have their faults, and it's hard to compare because they're two completely different drugs.
    ;-)

i drink a little bit, and only for fun, once or twice a month. and i don't have my liscence right now :sad: , so driving drunk isn't a problem for me at least. whn i get my liscence back, i wont drive whilst intoxicated. i have a 3.9 GPA, so school isn't an issue, and I always used to drive for my drunk friends, now we have someone who does the same for us. being the driver isn't all that bad really, you have all kinds of stories from parties that no one else remembers :lol:

Haha yeah i was the sober guy last night on my floor. And there are a lot of funny things that you see, but being the only sober guy amongst drunks can get real old real fast.
    ;-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast