BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Couple sue Wal-Mart over slip in vomit

DAVENPORT, Iowa - A woman's fall in a puddle of vomit has resulted in a lawsuit against Wal-Mart. June Medema, slipped in the vomit at a Davenport Wal-Mart on June 13, 2005, according to the lawsuit, filed by Medema and her husband, James, in Scott County District Court earlier this month.

Medema claims that she was seriously injured in the fall.

The lawsuit alleges that Wal-Mart's negligence led to Medema's fall, but it does not specifically say how the store was negligent.

John Simley, a Wal-Mart spokesman, decline comment saying he hadn't seen the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Medema suffered serious neck and upper back injuries in the fall and has undergone several surgeries and is unable to work.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_fe_st/odd_vomit_lawsuit;_ylt=AgTtST38jM_NtwPAENrlPMksQE4 F

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Re: Couple sue Wal-Mart over slip in vomit

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    DAVENPORT, Iowa - A woman's fall in a puddle of vomit has resulted in a lawsuit against Wal-Mart. June Medema, slipped in the vomit at a Davenport Wal-Mart on June 13, 2005, according to the lawsuit, filed by Medema and her husband, James, in Scott County District Court earlier this month.

Medema claims that she was seriously injured in the fall.

The lawsuit alleges that Wal-Mart's negligence led to Medema's fall, but it does not specifically say how the store was negligent.

John Simley, a Wal-Mart spokesman, decline comment saying he hadn't seen the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Medema suffered serious neck and upper back injuries in the fall and has undergone several surgeries and is unable to work.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_fe_st/odd_vomit_lawsuit;_ylt=AgTtST38jM_NtwPAENrlPMksQE4 F
    They will settle out of court.

Which is sad because if Wal-mart wanted the publicity and the effort they would crush this law suit. It is much cheaper for them to write a check though.

The best way to not step in puke is to look where you are going, has never steered me wrong.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Trying to get rich the American way I see.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Kinda like the lady who suied Dunken Donuts because he burnt her mouth on the coffee.....Yea, coffee is hot you dumb ass.......

And yes, Dunken Donuts got rid of her for like $5,000

My sister works for an Attorney, it's unreal some of the suits people try to claim and pull off.....Most get some money just to get the scum off their backs....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Sure is a pukie reason to sue someone
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg