Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Council wars (video games)

Now that all next gen systems have been released who do you think will have the upper hand and uver take the other systems in the council wars.

Microsofts XBOX 360
    Sonys PS3
    or
    Nintendos Wii

i am a full time 100% Microsoft fanboy, i represent the nextgen XBOX 360, you can find me on XBOX Live by the gamertag of ISAAC1990

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Council wars (video games)

I was a big PS2 guy but I converted to Microsoft for the next gen.
    I love my 360 and Gears of War is hella good.
    My Live tag is: Swift Stalker0

The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

IMO the Wii is more of a fad and will be a very distant 3rd in a year from now. PS3 is hurt because they are Very expensive right now and they did a horrible job at marketing. With the 360 already having a strong foothold in the next gen wars, Sony shoud of done everything possible to make them as competitive as possible. Until they can show that they compete both game wise and price wise. Then I may consider the PS3, I doubt it but until then I am sticking with my 360

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

IMO Nintendo Wii is crushing them all. It was released two months ago and you still cannot go into a store and buy one. Let alone get your hands on the numb chuck controller. Its crazy, hot unit great games.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

I see the Wii craze dying off sooner or later. The Wii sports is great, Zelda is alright, but none of the other games are worth a hoot. The graphics are so-so at best and once more people figure out that the Wii sports is the best part of the wii, it'll start to lose popularity. People will still buy it but it's game sales will be miserable. I have a PS3, so i'm slightly biased, but the gameplay and the graphics of the PS3 are amazing, and once famed games like Killzone and MGS
    come out, it'll take off much more than it has already. PS3 is constantly on EBGames top sellers, so you cannot say it's not popular now.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I see the PS3 making it. They have all of Sony's entertainment arms helping to keep it a float. Also right now the number console is still the PS-2.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Just got one yesterday.
    Don't buy Call of Duty 3 though unless specifically for online.
    COD2 was better.
    They also just released the download of the old school TNMT game.

I am excited for The Darkness to be released I believe in Q3 on the 360.
    Should be bombtastic.

Haven't played Wii yet, but I like the casual gaming aspect.
    It would be nice to play games with my girlfriend.
    Wii also has the Virtual console which allows you to purchase A LOT of old school games.
    e.g. Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Bonanza Bros (anybody play that one?), and a hoopla of old Sega games.

I don't believe Wii is a fad but of course the buzz will wear off.
    There is a natural cycle to everything and I think as 3D high graphic shooting games have been exhausted, people are looking for a cheaper casual gaming machine and which is why the stores can't keep them on the shelves.

PS3 messed up, but of course they will be able to hang in there and things can only get better in the long run.

**Did you mean "Console Wars"?

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

My money would be on the 360. I feel the Microsoft has done a great job at marketing so far, and will continue that trend into the future. I really like the newer titles that they are coming up with also. As many have stated, Gears is a masterpiece and with Halo 3 coming out not too far away, that cant hurt. Also I am very impressed with XBOX Live, that's just a great concept.

As far a Nintendo is concerned, I wouldn't buy into the whole "I can't find one anywhere" BS. From articles I've read, they (Nintendo) are releasing them very slowly to milk the market and help build hype. Let's face it, there is no ground-breaking technology in that system that would make them more difficult to produce, so the shortage is due to Nintendo themselves. The Wii seems a bit gimickey to me, mainly the controller. If you've followed gaming systems, as I'm sure many of you have, you probably know titles sell systems, not controllers. Just think of where the original XBOX would be if it weren't for Halo.

PS3 seems to have some problems going for it IMO. First off would be the late release date. Allowing the 360 and the Wii to get that big of a head start was just foolish. It just felt like they knew their backs were against the wall after they saw what XBOX was doing and kept doubting their own system.

The second problem, price. Yes, I know I'm getting a BluRay player with it. Sony better hope to high hell that BluRay is the new format for DVDs, otherwise you might as well have a 8 track player on that thing. Anyone remember how Mini-discs were suppost to revolutionize music, how well did that go over?

I don't have much to say about the graphics except the 360 and PS3 are pretty much the same. I'm sure down the road there may be some things that the PS3 does a bit better, but the same could be said about the 360.

As far as my personal preferences go, I was a hard core PS guy. Now after purchasing my 360, it may be hard to go back. I loved all the games from Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, and Grand Theft Auto, but it just seems like PS is turning into Nintendo. IMO, PS is saying "Just wait till our big titles come out", much like Nintendo does with every system. Nintendo has milked about every ounce of cash of the Mario series and it seems PS is gonna follow suit with the above mentioned titles.
    peace...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PURPLE" wrote:
    Now that all next gen systems have been released who do you think will have the upper hand and uver take the other systems in the council wars.

Microsofts XBOX 360
    Sonys PS3
    or
    Nintendos Wii

i am a full time 100% Microsoft fanboy, i represent the nextgen XBOX 360, you can find me on XBOX Live by the gamertag of ISAAC1990
    How much does all this shit cost me boy
    ???
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"SWAYZE74" wrote:

As far a Nintendo is concerned, I wouldn't buy into the whole "I can't find one anywhere" BS. From articles I've read, they (Nintendo) are releasing them very slowly to milk the market and help build hype.
    Seems like a flawed marketing strategy to me.
    Especially since there was already so much hype before it was even released.
    I would think getting their product into as many consumers hands as possible would be the only strategy to make sense in this highly competative market right now.
    I always thought the idea to creating hype was to sell your product and was pre-emtive to a products release.
    They really are trying something new then thats for sure.
    They musta forgot that Revenue = Price x Quantity.
    I would't believe everything your read.

"SWAYZE74" wrote:

The Wii seems a bit gimickey to me, mainly the controller. If you've followed gaming systems, as I'm sure many of you have, you probably know titles sell systems, not controllers. Just think of where the original XBOX would be if it weren't for Halo.
    You are right, titles are the most influential factor in selling consoles (think Sega Saturn).
    But, do not underestimate how important a controller, and other factors are.
    Think where XBox Sr. would be if they had kept the clunky controllers and not swtiched to the current "S type" controllers.
    XBox's current controller is the most ergonamic and functional thing I could imagine and was the deciding factor in my decision to favor XBox to Playstation.

A major factor in XBox Sr.'s defeat in Japan was its bulky size.
    (Japanese are intimidated by large objects. ;D)

Gears is a great game but it took me about 6 hours to beat.
    I just don't like the idea of a game with that short of a storyline.

XBox Live and the dashboard are unrivaled.

Xbox is catching up in the role-playing fantasy games.
    I love the Fable and Elder Scrolls series.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast