Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Could this be a shift in the worlds economics?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I have seen this guy before.
    I was intriqued then... but there is some info left out of the broadcast.


    This actually isn't a new idea.
    The idea of using water for fuel has been around since the 70's,
    However, the crux in the plan is the amount of energy needed to run the electrolisis process that converts the H2O into HHO.

    In other projects (I can't speak for his), it turned out that the amount of energy needed to create the gas was greater than the amount generated.
    It might save you 20 mpg, but it will cost the equivilant or more in electricity.

    That means that we still need an alternative energy source in order to make it a reality.
    In the welder, that source is electricity from the wall, in the car, it is the burning of gasoline and probably some kinetic recharg like most other hybrids use.

    I am not trying to downplay his invention.
    It is an incredible one, if for no other reason than the safe welding.
    But unless he has broken through the energy consumption problem, it won't be able to eliminate our dependancy on fossil fuels.
    If you follow the other link that I posted to their actual site, they claim to have solved the fuel conversion issue.
    They are waiting for patents right now, but the converter that they had hooked to their cars was able to use the electicity generated from the standard alternator....nothing more.

    They talk about some of the facts involving the programs developed years ago vs. their system that does not have the same electrical requirement to produce the desired effects.

    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  2. #12
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,458

    Re: Could this be a shift in the worlds economics?

    Do a search for aquygen hoax in google.
    It will tell you all you need to know.

    WWBGD

  3. #13
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Could this be a shift in the worlds economics?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I have seen this guy before.
    I was intriqued then... but there is some info left out of the broadcast.


    This actually isn't a new idea.
    The idea of using water for fuel has been around since the 70's,
    However, the crux in the plan is the amount of energy needed to run the electrolisis process that converts the H2O into HHO.

    In other projects (I can't speak for his), it turned out that the amount of energy needed to create the gas was greater than the amount generated.
    It might save you 20 mpg, but it will cost the equivilant or more in electricity.
    That means that we still need an alternative energy source in order to make it a reality.
    In the welder, that source is electricity from the wall, in the car, it is the burning of gasoline and probably some kinetic recharg like most other hybrids use.

    I am not trying to downplay his invention.
    It is an incredible one, if for no other reason than the safe welding.
    But unless he has broken through the energy consumption problem, it won't be able to eliminate our dependancy on fossil fuels.

    This is another guy that claims he gets a 700% return on the amount of energy used with his HHO generator.
    I believe this guy was murdered!

    He started back in the 70's to produce a generator that would produce more energy than it used.

    This vid is long and has a long introduction but worth it.


    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3333992194168790800
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Could this be a shift in the worlds economics?

    "RK." wrote:
    Do a search for aquygen hoax in google.
    It will tell you all you need to know.
    I have no way to verify the science...
    Only going from what I see on the clips and from THEIR website.
    However, doing the search that you suggested brought up 20 forums of conspiracy theorist and a couple well written articles that DOUBT the science and claims, would like to see independant testing, but did not say it was impossible that they had developed a system to efficiently convert as described.

    If you look at technology over the past 25 years...ie, computers, software, cellular, gps, etc etc etc....
    it just isnt that far fetched for me to take that leap of faith and think their COULD be something to this.
    It sure would be nice to greatly reduce the need for petrol!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  5. #15
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,567

    Re: Could this be a shift in the worlds economics?

    We're never going to stop using oil until it runs out.
    Then we'll go back to using horse and buggy.


  6. #16
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,458

    Re: Could this be a shift in the worlds economics?

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    Do a search for aquygen hoax in google.
    It will tell you all you need to know.
    I have no way to verify the science...
    Only going from what I see on the clips and from THEIR website.
    However, doing the search that you suggested brought up 20 forums of conspiracy theorist and a couple well written articles that DOUBT the science and claims, would like to see independent testing, but did not say it was impossible that they had developed a system to efficiently convert as described.

    If you look at technology over the past 25 years...ie, computers, software, cellular, gps, etc etc etc....
    it just isnt that far fetched for me to take that leap of faith and think their COULD be something to this.
    It sure would be nice to greatly reduce the need for petrol!
    I was a physics/chemistry major at one time in my youth.
    Any one with a basic understanding of both understands why this is BS.

    This guy explains it pretty well in layman's terms.
    http://anti-rant.blogspot.com/2006/0...and-water.html

    Its not that you can't run a car on it.
    Its the claims that it releases more energy than it uses in creating the gas from water.
    The real question is whether it is a cheaper form of fuel.
    So far the answer is no as near as I can tell unless you have a windmill or hydro generator in your backyard separating the water for you.
    In that case you could make your own hydrogen or Browns gas and bottle it for use in your car and it might be cost effective.
    His HHO generator is hooked to a 240 volt outlet in his garage to make the aquagen.
    Yes it makes a torch however he could be more cost effective hooking up an arch welder to the outlet and using that.

    WWBGD

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Could this be a shift in the worlds economics?

    "WVV" wrote:
    We're never going to stop using oil until it runs out.
    Then we'll go back to using horse and buggy.

    Yes, but by the time we use up all of the oil, earth will not support oxygen breathing lifeforms anyway....so it wont matter!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Here ya go Marrdo, best of two worlds.
    By Bkfldviking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 10:05 AM
  2. Barroom Economics
    By Bkfldviking in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 11:21 AM
  3. Real/Bar Stool Economics
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 12:07 PM
  4. Graveyard shift linked to cancer risk
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 04:43 PM
  5. GO SEE "WAR OF THE WORLDS"
    By michaelmazid in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 07:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •