Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Could pot cure the economy?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Interesting.

I don't think there are accurate numbers on marijuana sales. If it were legalized, the price couldn't be anywhere near what it is per gram now. Without the risk, the price has to go down, even after tax.

I don't think there's much of a real argument to legalize pot besides comparing it and it's effects to alcohol and questioning why one is illegal and the other is not.
    Gram?

Back in the day we bought it by the oz.
    1 ounce is equal to 28.35 grams

For those who can't do the math, they think they are getting more for there money.
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Interesting.

I don't think there are accurate numbers on marijuana sales. If it were legalized, the price couldn't be anywhere near what it is per gram now. Without the risk, the price has to go down, even after tax.

I don't think there's much of a real argument to legalize pot besides comparing it and it's effects to alcohol and questioning why one is illegal and the other is not.
    Gram?

1 ounce is equal to 28.35 grams

For those who can't do the math, they think they are getting more for there money.
    :P
    Well you should be able to get an ounce for under $200 bucks, or you can pay 10 bucks for a gram. Pot is the same as anything else in the world, if you buy it in bulk you save...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Yes.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    Yes.
    lol, i was just going to say the same thing.
    Philosophical thinkers think the same.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    why am i or any one else forced to pay for some one else's health care and then turn around and have to pay for my own as well? socialized programs that don't promote competition cause higher prices and poorer service......
    You pay more for someone else's healthcare because Americans are big fat fucks who eat like crap.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Interesting.

Gram?

Not to disclose my age, but in the day we bought "4 finger lids", Ha. I say we have spent far to much money trying to eradicate this plant in other countries, and our own. Making hard working average folks into criminals when they are caught with it, or rolling papers, pipes and other so called pot smoking utensils. Our jails are overburdened with people who only crime is possesing small amounts for smoking themselves, legalizing, taxing and regulating it would take the power away from the underground gangs, and cartels, and go along way to substitise worthwhile programs.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Interesting.

Gram?

Not to disclose my age, but in the day we bought "4 finger lids", Ha. I say we have spent far to much money trying to eradicate this plant in other countries, and our own. Making hard working average folks into criminals when they are caught with it, or rolling papers, pipes and other so called pot smoking utensils. Our jails are overburdened with people who only crime is possesing small amounts for smoking themselves, legalizing, taxing and regulating it would take the power away from the underground gangs, and cartels, and go along way to substitise worthwhile programs.
    That post makes me glad to be Canadian...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Interesting.

Well you could argue the nation could at least decriminalize it and save boatloads of money used to fight it
    That's true as well, but the money would just be spent elsewhere, probably fighting whatever the media and politicians declare the next big threat.

I have no problem with weed, it should be legalized, hell, I'd smoke up all the time if it were.

There's no justification for keeping it illegal while alcohol is not.

[size=10pt]The medicinal approach is a huge load of garbage in my opinion, it's stoners trying to put a legitimate face on their cause.[/size]
    pffft ....

ridiculous

[youtube=425,350]cJr8V-jU7b4[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]BkMRjBauvPI[/youtube]
    No, not ridiculous at all.

Ever heard of Dronabinol products like Marinol? There's no justifying inhaling combusted plant matter as "medicine" when there is a pill that does the same thing, well not exactly the same, there are other cannabinoids in natural cannabis.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

What we really need to do is legalize shrooms...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"vikes2456" wrote:
    What we really need to do is legalize shrooms...
    +1000

My goodness, I couldn't agree with you more.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast