Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Could Childress be leaving?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Steeple of superiority would be cool. I like the moniker 'Turgid Tyrant' to go along with that.

I'm not sure he would want to leave though.
    He'd have to work his but off down there.
    Here he doesn't do much of anything.Right Marrdro?
    Exactly..... ;D

Although I like how our good friend Uffda wove this together, I am not sure the Chiller would want to be both GM and HC.

Most, if not all of those cats have eventually failed in thier endevours to be the head moffo.
    Just to damn much to do in each area to be able to do them both effectively.
    None of them were Childress. ;D

Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    Isn't he already under contract for 5 years here already?
    This is the third of the 5 year contract. Next will be the 4th. Nobody wanted to let a quality coach go into the final year of the contract as a lame duck so they will need to do something next year. If somebody wants to hire him they would need to elevate his title with the team as most contracts are structured to prevent lateral movement.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    This is one of those "Lets pretend threads" (I think), so I am pretending that he is in his 4th year with his 5th coming next year.

Also, while I am pretending, Zygi has elected to let him at least talk to the Chiefs ownership in trade for Thygpen.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    This is one of those "Lets pretend threads" (I think), so I am pretending that he is in his 4th year with his 5th coming next year.

Also, while I am pretending, Zygi has elected to let him at least talk to the Chiefs ownership in trade for Thygpen.
    ;D
    Now you are starting to see the light ;D

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He better not

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Don't Fire Childress?

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

Wow, a 4 game winning streak and all the opinions change. That is ridiculous. I still stand by what I have been saying all along. I don't like Coach Childress. I don't think that he manages the game well, I don't think he utilizes his playmakers, and I don't think he surrounded himself with a good staff (except for Frazier). Will he lead us to the playoffs this year? Most likely, but don't forget last year folks. We had it in the bag, remember? Until it is clinched, I don't think we should be celebrating. We face two very tough opponents in our upcoming schedule, and the Bears can very easily finish 2-0 versus the Packers and Texans. He traded our franchise QB, drafted a dud to replace him, and I am worried that the past few games will give him 100% confidence in Tarvaris again. Do I think Brad Childress should be fired at this point in the season? No, and who would? But do I think he is the one that will lead us to that Lombardi Trophy? Not a chance in the world. There are much more qualified candidates out there for the job, and I'm sick of watching this guy waste our talent. Maybe I am wrong, and we will finish the season well. Maybe even have a nice showing in the playoffs. But for some reason, I always expect the worst. I'm afraid that he will blow it, and we will be back to the drawing board. Sorry for the rant, but I just hate people jumping ship after a couple wins. I still stand by what I have been saying all along, for the same reasons. 4 games ago you could count all the Childress supporters on one hand. Now look at this place. Unbelievable. Whether you are for the guy, or against him, I really don't care, but give reasons as to why. Instead of going with what everyone else says, because the team wins a few games, or even loses a few games. How many of you would be saying the exact same things about the guy if we go 0-2 and miss the playoffs? For some reason I think that things would be back to the way they were 4 games ago.
    Retired 12/21/08

Rambro is offline Rookie

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    Wow, a 4 game winning streak and all the opinions change. That is ridiculous. I still stand by what I have been saying all along. I don't like Coach Childress. I don't think that he manages the game well, I don't think he utilizes his playmakers, and I don't think he surrounded himself with a good staff (except for Frazier). Will he lead us to the playoffs this year? Most likely, but don't forget last year folks. We had it in the bag, remember? Until it is clinched, I don't think we should be celebrating. We face two very tough opponents in our upcoming schedule, and the Bears can very easily finish 2-0 versus the Packers and Texans. He traded our franchise QB, drafted a dud to replace him, and I am worried that the past few games will give him 100% confidence in Tarvaris again. Do I think Brad Childress should be fired at this point in the season? No, and who would? But do I think he is the one that will lead us to that Lombardi Trophy? Not a chance in the world. There are much more qualified candidates out there for the job, and I'm sick of watching this guy waste our talent. Maybe I am wrong, and we will finish the season well. Maybe even have a nice showing in the playoffs. But for some reason, I always expect the worst. I'm afraid that he will blow it, and we will be back to the drawing board. Sorry for the rant, but I just hate people jumping ship after a couple wins. I still stand by what I have been saying all along, for the same reasons. 4 games ago you could count all the Childress supporters on one hand. Now look at this place. Unbelievable. Whether you are for the guy, or against him, I really don't care, but give reasons as to why. Instead of going with what everyone else says, because the team wins a few games, or even loses a few games. How many of you would be saying the exact same things about the guy if we go 0-2 and miss the playoffs? For some reason I think that things would be back to the way they were 4 games ago.
    Wining has changed alot of people's mind, I think, I didn't like him when we were losing, but he has obviously changed his play calling so I'm down for it. I remember he called a bomb to Berrian on a 3rd and 15 for that TD In the Cardinals game. Now if he continues with those types of calls them He's great in my mind.
    But the players seem to like him and if they do, then Childress has my full support as well.

Blog Entries

"Rambro" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    Wining has changed alot of people's mind, I think, I didn't like him when we were losing, but he has obviously changed his play calling so I'm down for it. I remember he called a bomb to Berrian on a 3rd and 15 for that TD In the Cardinals game. Now if he continues with those types of calls them He's great in my mind.
    But the players seem to like him and if they do, then Childress has my full support as well.
    In fairness to Childress, he is calling aggressive plays now and he was doing it during his first game as a coach against Washington in 2006. Go back and look at the highlights.

Rambro is offline Rookie

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Rambro" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    In fairness to Childress, he is calling aggressive plays now and he was doing it during his first game as a coach against Washington in 2006. Go back and look at the highlights.
    Well somewhere along the way he lost faith in the team whether it be our QB situation or the WR core, because I distinctly remember being irritated at this team after Adrian Peterson rips off a huge 20+ yard run and we go back to the predictable draw draw dump off and settle for a field goal or punt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast