BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Cops Quickly Find Stolen Doughnut Truck

RICHLAND, Wash. (AP) -- A stolen truck full of doughnuts? Better believe Tri-Cities police were on that in a hurry. Moments after the theft of the Viera's Bakery van was reported early Friday in Kennewick, police issued an all-points bulletin.

A Benton County sheriff's deputy quickly spotted the truck. After a chase at 30 to 35 mph, Richland police got it to stop and arrested the driver, Steve Swoboda, 19, for investigation of auto theft and felony escape.

Still intact was the entire load of glazed, sugar and cream doughnuts, as well as apple fritters, bear claws.

"In 24 years in law enforcement I've never had a call like that," Richland police Capt. Randy Barnes said. "To steal a bakery truck, how clever is that?"

"It kind of sticks out, a doughnut truck," Kennewick police Sgt. Ken Lattin said.

The truck was taken while the delivery driver, Gilberto Gonzales, left the engine running during a stop at the Break Place Conoco. Gonzales asked the clerk if he recalled seeing a man who had been standing in front of the store.

"The clerk said, 'Yeah, that guy's been wanting a ride to Richland for a while,'" said Mario Viera, one of the operators of the bakery.

Viera said he was happy that none of the load was lost "but I'm going to make sure Gilberto doesn't leave the keys in the truck any more."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/STOLEN_DOUGHNUT_TRUCK?SITE=VAHAR&SECTION=ENTERTAIN MENT&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Cops Quickly Find Stolen Doughnut Truck

of course the POLICE took the time to make sure all the donuts and bear claws were still intact
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder what they are gonna do to Homer Simpson for stealing that truck! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

MplsViking is offline Starter

Once i saw the police on my tail. I would have locked the doors and eaten all the donuts as quick as i good. First the apple critters though, man those are good

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I would have created a conspiracy to hold the suspect back (especially if he was a minority) , planted evidence, lied, beat the thief up for no reason, planted evidence again and wasted more of your tax dollars.

:thumbleft:

Because that's how we do it young!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

can't leave it at 1299

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

WVV notorious for finding random articles!! Do you type in google "weird articles" or something? hahaha!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    WVV notorious for finding random articles!! Do you type in google "weird articles" or something? hahaha!
    I get them from several on-line newspapers. They all have an offbeat section, but I'll probably stop posting them when the season starts.