Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Cops are messed up. This cop should be fired!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    You think people become cops because they want to help people out?

They want power. And there's no other job where you have such a position of power that you can use at your own will. Let's face it you don't have to be a genius to be a cop either.

God I hate cops.
    That's kind of a generalization don't you think.
    I agree that some cops shouldn't be cops and that they recruit cops more than they screen them but that's because the job sucks.
    Some people become cops because it's a job and they need one.
    And I assume you don't really "hate" all cops.
    They actually do serve a pretty important function.
    Anarchy sounds cool in punk songs but I'm not sure I'd really want to live with it.

But I do know a few guys that I went to high school with that weren't exactly pillars of society and became police or sheriff's deputies so I see your point about not having to be a genius and being attractive to some bad personality types.

Thats a good point, but what if you have an inherent fear of police.
    For example, if you live in the hood and see family members arrested and hear stories of cops planting evidence and stuff.
    I'm not saying its right, but it might not be as easy to have a level head.
    Yeah, I can see where if you or yours have been wronged in the past it would make it hard to be trusting or act civil and obedient.

Crunchem is offline Rookie

In the scope of things..he was wrong it doesn't appear he gave her the 20 bucks...but when a police officer says that you are under arrest you don't get to argue and say call my mom.
    She could of just went with then went through channels.
    There was nothing that he did after telling her she was under arrest that was out of line.
    Everyone complains about abuse...so he maced her big whoop..better then fighting with her.

plus to say that all cops go into the profession for power is completly assine!
    There are alot of good cops out there who actually care about the city town or county they live in.
    Yes some are in it for the power but not all or most.
    U try dealing with the BS that they go through daily.
    Be happy there are people out there who will deal with the crap so you can live a safe and happy life.
    Lets go fishing

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Crunchem" wrote:
    In the scope of things..he was wrong it doesn't appear he gave her the 20 bucks...but when a police officer says that you are under arrest you don't get to argue and say call my mom.
    There was nothing that he did after telling her she was under arrest that was out of line.
    Everyone complains about abuse...so he maced her big whoop..better then fighting with her.

There are alot of good cops out there who actually care about the city town or county they live in.
    Be happy there are people out there who will deal with the crap so you can live a safe and happy life.

Thats bull shit, he had no reason to arrest her to begin with.....Today, most cops are just what the old nick name implies
    PIGS.......

Most the cops in my city are on the take, and the most stress they get every day is trying to decide what donut they want off the DD rack...

Cops are not what they used to be, 20 years ago and longer.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    You think people become cops because they want to help people out?

They want power. And there's no other job where you have such a position of power that you can use at your own will. Let's face it you don't have to be a genius to be a cop either.

God I hate cops.
    That's kind of a generalization don't you think.
    I agree that some cops shouldn't be cops and that they recruit cops more than they screen them but that's because the job sucks.
    Some people become cops because it's a job and they need one.
    And I assume you don't really "hate" all cops.
    They actually do serve a pretty important function.
    Anarchy sounds cool in punk songs but I'm not sure I'd really want to live with it.

But I do know a few guys that I went to high school with that weren't exactly pillars of society and became police or sheriff's deputies so I see your point about not having to be a genius and being attractive to some bad personality types.

For example, if you live in the hood and see family members arrested and hear stories of cops planting evidence and stuff.
    Yeah, I can see where if you or yours have been wronged in the past it would make it hard to be trusting or act civil and obedient.
    Not all cops some are great people. My brother is going to be a cop someday (he is finished schooling).

But a big part of cops is an ego. They (some officers) like to push their jobs to the limit because they know people can't do shit without evidence. It's a cops word vs yours, and they win.

A few days ago a buddy of mine (has never done drugs or anything beyond the norm to cause suspicion). So he's standing outside a school supplies store waiting for his ride, the cops arrest him because he looks like a drug dealer they're after. They cuff him so hard hes got cuts on both sides of each wrist.

He didn't get charged with anything and they send him on his way. Like wtf.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Crunchem" wrote:
    It happens...please don't turn it into a racial thing...the cop lost his temper...be it black white or purple.
    There will always be some bad cops...should he lose his job? maybe, maybe not.
    I find it hard to run down police officers when they deal with more crap in an 8 hr shift then most people will in a lifetime.
    They are human and they make mistakes...is anyone perfect?
    Are you serious? Lost his temper? How is it OK for a cop to lose his temper? How can you defend this asshole? If he can't deal with this "crap" you talk about, he should not be a cop.

Crunchem is offline Rookie

Your right there wasn't a reason to arrest her...BUT! If she had just complied called her parents and got a lawyer involved she would of made the same amount of money without coughing!
    Come on people grow up the world needs cops...a little inconvience now and then isn't the end of the world!

how bout for once instead of complaining think about the ones that are making a traffic stop and get shot at....or the ones that get spit on and swung at because a married couple cant figure out how to handle things like adults! Or how about the traffic accidents where they have to talk to people as they die bleeding and screaming...yeah police officers suck...god i'm glad you want the job!
    Go ahead sign up most of the people complaining wouldn't make a month.
    Lets go fishing

"davike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I don't find that hard to believe. It happens to white people too. Most police are good and honest but just like every profession there will be some who should not have that position.
    Please show me where this has happend to a white girl.
    :
    Come on man, this type of thing goes on a whole lot more then we think and its not just black people who get it. No, you see almost no white people getting "cheated" by cops ON THE INTERNET. That doesn't mean it don't happen! I agree with Crunchem, cops have one of the most tough hardcore jobs, and for the most part they are alright and do a good job protecting people. The thing I want to know is what happened when the cop found out what he did was wrong.
    How do you know that cops for the most part are doing their job? What do you mean what happened when the cop found out what he did was wrong? This cop has issues and should be fired.

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    I think if a cop says "Come with me or I'll mace you."
    I'll go ahead and do that and sort it out later.
    Kind of like the jackass that got tasered at that college a while ago because he was resisting.
    Listen to the cops, don't give them attitude then get a lawyer and sue if you are wronged (but maybe you won't be).

I'm not saying the cop didn't mess up or that the girl deserved that or that cops are never abusive for no reason.
    Just in general arguing with a cop doesn't get you far and when you run into one who is having a bad day or who probably shouldn't be a cop to start with nothing good will come of it.
    On the other hand I've been let off a few times by being polite and respectful.
    It got her 60 Gs. If she just went with him I bet nothing would of happened. Why would I listen to a cop if I know he is wrong and I am innocent? That is bullshit.

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    ^

Mike
    People who are making these comments have no clue what it is like on the other side. Police harrassment is out of control in the black community.

"Crunchem" wrote:

He maced her for no reason! He could have just arrested her. She is a woman. This guy is a jackass.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast