Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    zimtwister is offline Coach

cop killers of st paul...........kelly cambell

wow! the one has at least 5 kids, he must have a awesome job! neither had permits for their hand guns. been arrested over 20 times- nice stand up guy. minnesota needs more people like this, oops wait, we have kelly cambell! [dump the pot smokin'gun totin' punk!]
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Del Rio Guest

Re: cop killers of st paul...........kelly cambell

Sucks. Not sure how you apply this to Cambell, but to each his own.

Can't justify the killing of anyone really. Not sure how I feel about the permits issue. I mean do you honestly think that having a permit for their concealed weapon is going to stop them from shooting people?

Thugs, well I think real thugs come from real problems. Of course you may have your fake people trying to be "hard" but the real people living in poverty and such it is a bi-product of everything wrong today. People that it is a battle everyday to survive. A real battle not oh man I have to go to work again......

You want to get rid of thugs fix the problems. No person should be shot regardless of their occupation. My grandfather was the police chief in my city. But as much respect as I have for police officers I have personally encountered some very bad apples. People who if they were on the street and I saw them treating someone the way they did I would have to restrain myself from beating the shit out of them.

Theme of the world. There are good kids that come from the prodjects there are bad. There are good cops there are bad, there are honest religious men there are wicked men hiding behind religion.........assume nothing.

damn del rio, you said it perfectlly. my thought on cambell was with all his money, does he really need to sell pot? why did he have a un registered hand gun on him? if he is found guilty he could get up to 10 years, just a dumb a$$ i guess. there are 93,000 + hand gun permits in this state, in the last 2 years [2003/04] only 3 have been arrested and they where traffic violations 2 dui and one no insurance.

Del Rio Guest

I guess I was confused on what you meant. I thought you meant having a permit. I always thought registering your handguns was a different set of papers.

I have 3 handguns. I have never registered them. I mean when I bought them the gun shop writes down the serial number and ties my name with them. But I have never done any official registering of my guns. I do not have a permit because if I have a gun with me it is never concealed.

Anyway, the people who shoot other people probably could care less about permits and registering (I could care less about registering) But I do not feel if you have a gun and it is not registered that you are out looking for trouble. Cambell may have had a gun, but maybe he would never use it. Maybe he has it to be cool (not a good reason) but I do not associate him with someone who actually shot a cop just because he has an unlicenced firearm.

As far as selling drugs, I don't know maybe that is who he is where he came from. Money doesn't fix everyones problems. As far as him being on this team he can go bye bye :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I don't think many people will shed tears.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I guess I was confused on what you meant. I thought you meant having a permit. I always thought registering your handguns was a different set of papers.

I have 3 handguns. I have never registered them. I mean when I bought them the gun shop writes down the serial number and ties my name with them. But I have never done any official registering of my guns. I do not have a permit because if I have a gun with me it is never concealed.

Anyway, the people who shoot other people probably could care less about permits and registering (I could care less about registering) But I do not feel if you have a gun and it is not registered that you are out looking for trouble. Cambell may have had a gun, but maybe he would never use it. Maybe he has it to be cool (not a good reason) but I do not associate him with someone who actually shot a cop just because he has an unlicenced firearm.

As far as selling drugs, I don't know maybe that is who he is where he came from. Money doesn't fix everyones problems. As far as him being on this team he can go bye bye :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Clint never concealed his guns, either! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:

Wow, how to approach this one...

If you are carrying a gun without the "willingness" to use it, you are more of a danger to yourself than anyone else. I don't mean you're strolling the streets looking for someone to shoot, I simply mean that EVERY TIME you strap on a gun, you had better be prepared to use it.

How many homicides are committed by those who no one thought would ever do it? Too many. How many are "accidental" or "heat of the moment" crimes? Waaaay too many. I have seen too many write ups on people who "only wanted to scare them".

The only person who won't ever fire a gun is the person who doesn't have one (For the record, I have several and am a Concealed Carry supporter).

Would Campbell shoot a Cop? Probably not...but stranger things have happened. The fact is, no one knows how they will react when panicked. Since he has one (had one anyway), I would question why he felt he needed it. Is he dealing? Is he putting himself in situations that he feels may become life threatening? Is he simply another hood moron running headlong into an accidental shooting?

Caine

Del Rio Guest

The point is the association being made between someone who has a licence to carry it not being a cop killer and someone who doesn't is automatically out looking for trouble.

All I am saying is so what he had a gun. Sure maybe he would use it to defend himself maybe he carries it for defense rather then offense?

Just because he had a gun that was not registered and he had no permit didn't mean he was going to shoot someone. A cop or anyone else. In the same way someone who is registered who does own a permit is not automatically a great upstanding citizen that only does good with his firearm.

It is a harsh generalization.

Del Rio Guest

I live in Utah I drive around with guns hanging from my gun rack. A lot of people do. I have encountered many people who have been through the saftey courses that have permits, that really should not be carrying guns.

It is not hard to get a permit, take a class, pay some money.

wow caine you have very good points also. i own one hand gun and i have never felt the need to carry it. but, i know there is people who do feel the need to carry one , and i support them. and delrio, yes lets let him go-we [i] do not want that kind of trouble on our team.

del rio, i disagree about the people with permits. in MN you take the class have a background check and pay 350.00 if you have been convicted there is no way u r getting a permit. what about this that was in the startribune, thats a lot of people that have much better records than the rest of the population--- there are 93,000 + hand gun permits in this state, in the last 2 years [2003/04] only 3 have been arrested and they where traffic violations 2 dui and one no insurance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast