Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Congressman calls for end of Clemens FBI investigation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=At4NLvQ6B1dmRZiMLsk_1.4RvLYF?slug=ap-steroids-clemens&prov=ap&type=lgns

WASHINGTON (AP)—A Democratic congressman asked the FBI on Wednesday to drop its investigation of Roger Clemens because the pitching great had suffered enough from the probe into steroid use.

Rep. Anthony Weiner, a candidate for New York mayor in 2009, said the FBI is too busy with more important crimes to spend time trying to determine if the ex-Yankees pitcher lied to Congress about taking performance enhancing substances.

I'm just glad somebody sees the fact that the government has better things to do than worry about pro sports.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

Re: Congressman calls for end of Clemens FBI investigation.

Every single person who has EVER commit perjury in this country should be set free. Hell... why even have a law about it?

Our entire legal system is a joke.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"C" wrote:
    Every single person who has EVER commit perjury in this country should be set free. Hell... why even have a law about it?

Our entire legal system is a joke.
    I am pretty sure that most of them are free. It is very rare that someone is convicted of perjury.
    I think it is kinda bogus anyway. I always thought their were laws against forcing someone to incrimate themselves. This is like a federal loophole.
    If a federal agent came to me and asked if I have ever done any illegal drugs I would probably deny it. Then if my friends said that I had, would they launch a federal investigation to prove I lied and sentance me to 5 years in prison because several years ago(giggle giggle) I tried pot. That is what is happening to Clemens and Bonds.

(They did offer him immunity but it still taints his record, and could cost him his job and endorsements) If they have proof that he did something illegal they should put him on trial for that not for lying about it.
    Are they going to bring everyone that has been accussed in front of a judge and ask them, probably not. This is all a big circus so that some politicians can get famous.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

This is one of those things I am tired of.

A mans word is his bond.
    When he uses his words to decieve someone then he has nothing left in life.
    As far as I'm concerned Clemens can take all his records and go home.

Thanks for the read my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg