Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    zimtwister is offline Coach

computer update!!!

i bought the 256 of sdram but my computer would not start after i put it in- i moved it to the other slot but still nothing, i emailed the guy i bought it from, we will see. the big news- i am upgrading from 128 kbs to 3 megs on monday! i also got the comp defaged.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

wreakshavok is offline Rookie

Re: computer update!!!

sounds like a cool deal dude ..mmmm. speaking of defaging did you catch that pic of shockzilla?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

3 meg? How many memory slots do you have?

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I don't understand anything that has been said in this thread... I never even learned what a ram is.(I don't want any smartass comments about it being an animal with horns either. :lol: )
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Zim,

Usually people have 2 memory slots on most PC's and you would most likely get two 1 MB memory cards which would give you 2 MB.

What are you doing with your PC where you think you need that much memory?

Not to mention a 1 MB card is well over $100 a piece.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Zim,

Usually people have 2 memory slots on most PC's and you would most likely get two 1 MB memory cards which would give you 2 MB.

He said he moved it to the other slot and it still didn't work, so he has at least two.

I agree in wanting to know how he's going up to 3 MB! I just got this laptop with Turion 64, 100 GB HD, 1 MB Ram and it's plenty fast enough!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Zim,

Ultra, hes talkin about his internet connection speed not his RAM! :lol: and 1 meg of RAM is nothing, 1 gig however would be quite large.

Zim, Does your computer "beep" when u try to start it up? If not, you may have the wrong type of memory, or the configuration does not agree with the computer. If you have the 256 card in 1 slot and nothing in the other, you probably need a spacer in the other slot to make it work, or....if you kept the other 128 card in the second slot, many computers will require that you use the same memory capacity (both 128 or both 256, etc.) to make it work. Anyways, do the "beep" test for starters.

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Zim,

Ultra, hes talkin about his internet connection speed not his RAM! :lol: and 1 meg of RAM is nothing, 1 gig however would be quite large.

Zim, Does your computer "beep" when u try to start it up? If not, you may have the wrong type of memory, or the configuration does not agree with the computer. If you have the 256 card in 1 slot and nothing in the other, you probably need a spacer in the other slot to make it work, or....if you kept the other 128 card in the second slot, many computers will require that you use the same memory capacity (both 128 or both 256, etc.) to make it work. Anyways, do the "beep" test for starters.
    Oops, my bad. I read it as his memory. And I really did mean Gig instead of MB. I feel like a dork now. I just upgraded my memory friday so I do know the difference between a G and a MB. Also, I am an electrician and everything is metric as far as measuring voltage and current. Oops!

SamDawg84 Guest

i dont really know much about computers..............................

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Wish I knew more myself SamDawg......everything I do know, I had to teach myself..

I'de love to give Photoshop a try and learn how to design and print my own letter heads and buisness cards...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast