Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Computer Program Advice Needed Please

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    Does the file size increase when changing from WMA to other files? The book is 243MB but when I try to burn it on a brand new 700MB CD-R it says it won't fit.
    Audio and data rates are different. One does not equate the other necessarily. True burned audio CDs are usually rated by length of time due to how they are recorded...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"webmaster" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Does the file size increase when changing from WMA to other files? The book is 243MB but when I try to burn it on a brand new 700MB CD-R it says it won't fit.
    Audio and data rates are different. One does not equate the other necessarily. True burned audio CDs are usually rated by length of time due to how they are recorded...
    :roll: What would you know?

:razz:

:lol:

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "webmaster" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    :roll: What would you know?

:razz:

:lol:
    Now, Now, no fighting. :lol: Webby is right, the problem is the time of the CD. I can see that now after messing with it all afternoon. I was going to get an ipod, but was told I have to change the format for it to play on that also.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Wow,

Am I behind the times or what?....I have no clue even what your all talking about.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    In reading this again I am wondering if when you are trying to burn it to the cd-r if you are choosing "burn Audio cd" in the burning program. In Nero it will say Audio CD or Data CD. You should be choosing data cd not audio. The audio is only for copying a music cd or burning wav files. MP3 etc are data files not audio files.

Try converting the WMA to MP3 using Audio Grabber. Save the MP3 file where you can find it then burn the MP3 to a cd-r as a data file. That should work for you.

WWBGD

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

nero is fine. i'm going to ask a friend of mine what program he uses to convert his movies to fit on a 700mb cd. i forgot for the moment but i'll post tommorrow. also, i pod tunes you buy are m4p format and i haven't figured out how to put my own mp3's on it. also if worse comes to worse, hell cd's are a dime a dozen nowadays!!!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

audio catalyst is one of the best conversion programs.. u can find it shareware or free ware (cracked) in many places. It has a 45 day evaluation on the shareware as well.

once you convert it to mp3 u can use hte itunes to upload it to yer ipod, as well as drop it onto a mp3 reading device.. your tracks should very easily fit on a cd once it's converted as well.. if you wanna get more creative try dvd shrink.. it's mostly for movies, but you can do great audio as well.. but it's more for dvd conversion from say .. avi or most (divx) formats.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"RK." wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    In reading this again I am wondering if when you are trying to burn it to the cd-r if you are choosing "burn Audio cd" in the burning program. In Nero it will say Audio CD or Data CD. You should be choosing data cd not audio. The audio is only for copying a music cd or burning wav files. MP3 etc are data files not audio files.

Try converting the WMA to MP3 using Audio Grabber. Save the MP3 file where you can find it then burn the MP3 to a cd-r as a data file. That should work for you.
    Will this then play as the WMA file does?

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:

It will play on anything that will recognize an MP3 file. So it depends what you are trying to play it on. If your cd player will play mp3 then yes. Also will play on your computer and most digital players. You can even convert your wma to an mp4 so it will play on an ipod or there are prog that will convert mp3 to mp4. That way you have it in what ever formats you need depending on your player. :smile: Even though MP3 is an audio file you have to burn it as a data file same with mp4.

WWBGD

"RK." wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:

It will play on anything that will recognize an MP3 file. So it depends what you are trying to play it on. If your cd player will play mp3 then yes. Also will play on your computer and most digital players. You can even convert your wma to an mp4 so it will play on an ipod or there are prog that will convert mp3 to mp4. That way you have it in what ever formats you need depending on your player. :smile: Even though MP3 is an audio file you have to burn it as a data file same with mp4.
    Okay, I got it. Thanks for the help guys. :lol:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12