Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Computer Help

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Computer Help

Just bumping this to try and get some advise. Yesterday was Easter so I figure no one got a chance to read the latest.

Thanks Josdin

Well I ended up being able to get a System Restore disc through my computer manufactor. I had another quuestion though. I thought I saw on PP.O awhile back something about Daylight Saving Time and how some versions of Windows did not change the time automatically... Is there a link or d/l that I can get to fix that or is it something I'll just have to change manually?

Thanks Josdin

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

I have several versions of window's, 2k, 2003, xp, vista

and on all (except vista)
    I have Nod32 and SpySweeper.

so far i have yet to be infected, many attempts by worms have been found, and stopped before they got to burrough inside.

It will cost a bit, it's 25 bucks for spysweeper
    and don't remember for nod32. they arn't expensive, but in combination they are great.

also be watchful for a restore disk from another computer. it might have some drivers for the bridge or other mboard peices that u do'nt want.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    Well I ended up being able to get a System Restore disc through my computer manufactor. I had another quuestion though. I thought I saw on PP.O awhile back something about Daylight Saving Time and how some versions of Windows did not change the time automatically... Is there a link or d/l that I can get to fix that or is it something I'll just have to change manually?
    you have to select the check box so that windows does it automaticly.

there are some issues with local and the dailight savings.
    i'll try and find where i read that one to.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

I already have it option checked if I want it to automatically change or not so it has to be that glitch you were talking about.

Thanks for looking that up, digital420

The sytem restore discs came directly from HP so I am not worried about the discs at all.
    Right now I have Norton's just because it's the default and came with the computer, window's defender and adaware. When I get a chance I'm going to go a computer store and buy some programs that will better protect me from viruses, trojans and everything else out there on the web.

Thanks Josdin

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    Once you get the system all patched up, it will be in synch with the new daylight-savings-time law.
    It *should* happen automatically.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678