Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

    Was never much into his comedy but I greatly respected his influence on the business. Like him or not he was true ledgend and will be missed.

  2. #12
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

    What I think many people don't realize is that despite his seemingly radical philosophies, Carlin never really took himself that seriously and that what his greatest gift was is the uncanny ability of his to see through the bullshit and feed equally absurd bullshit right back.
    His insights were funny yet thought-provoking and I will miss hearing them.

    RIP George...you were one of the true greats.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  3. #13
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

    damn, he was by far my absolute favorite comedian..simply the best that ever lived..rip george..i guess he gets to find out that heaven and hell are a bunch of BS before the rest of us
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

    Was always one of my favorite comedians, from his "Hippy, dippy weatherman" skit to his recent apperance here in Bakersfield.
    He had that unique ability to take everyday expressions and show us how ridiculous they really are.
    "Passengers may now get on the plane.
    I don't want to get ON the plane, I want to get IN the plane......"
    R.I.P. George

  5. #15
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

    Since I wasn't born till the 80's, I initially saw George Carlin as Rufus in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (amazing... amazing piece of cinematic history).

    Since then, I've grown to like his stand-up and commentary on people he observes... which is usually what I've always enjoyed the most. He told it like it was.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #16
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

    "why is it no one ever says 'i think hes down there now, smiling up at us', apparently it never occurs to people that their loved ones might be in hell"

    "like the people who die have nothing better to do than to run the heavenly branch of the make a wish foundation"
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  7. #17
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "why is it no one ever says 'i think hes down there now, smiling up at us', apparently it never occurs to people that their loved ones might be in hell"

    "like the people who die have nothing better to do than to run the heavenly branch of the make a wish foundation"
    Hell doesn't exist. The idea of hell was created to scare the general population into doing what "The Church"... which pretty much used to be the governing body of the people... said to do.

    With that point made, I think God still has a sense of humor...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #18
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

    "olson_10" wrote:
    gol 'darnit, he was by far my absolute favorite comedian..simply the best that ever lived..rip george..i guess he gets to find out that heaven and hell are a bunch of BS before the rest of us
    Imagine his indignation if he finds out that he was WRONG all that time...LOL.

    "God...God, my ass...where's that little man behind the curtain?"
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #19
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

    "C" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "why is it no one ever says 'i think hes down there now, smiling up at us', apparently it never occurs to people that their loved ones might be in hell"

    "like the people who die have nothing better to do than to run the heavenly branch of the make a wish foundation"
    Hell doesn't exist. The idea of hell was created to scare the general population into doing what "The Church"... which pretty much used to be the governing body of the people... said to do.

    With that point made, I think God still has a sense of humor...
    with that point made, you are referring to an invisible man
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  10. #20
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Comedian George Carlin dies in Los Angeles at 71

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "why is it no one ever says 'i think hes down there now, smiling up at us', apparently it never occurs to people that their loved ones might be in hell"

    "like the people who die have nothing better to do than to run the heavenly branch of the make a wish foundation"
    Hell doesn't exist. The idea of hell was created to scare the general population into doing what "The Church"... which pretty much used to be the governing body of the people... said to do.

    With that point made, I think God still has a sense of humor...
    with that point made, you are referring to an invisible man
    Not really a Man at all... more of an energy.

    I'm sure Carlin is ripping on God too...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. R.I.P. George Blanda: Hall of Famer dies at 83
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 09:33 AM
  2. Actor and comedian Bernie Mac dies at age 50
    By SharperImage in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 12:34 PM
  3. Favorite Comedian of Mine...
    By erik5032 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 01:27 AM
  4. George Bush - The Comedian
    By marstc09 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 12:05 PM
  5. George Carlin
    By vikes2456 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 11:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •