Thread: Colts

vikesfan is offline Starter

Colts

I was just wondering what everybody truly felt about the game this monday night. I am a die-hard Vikes fan, and have been since I was about 5 years old. So don't get me wrong when I say this, but I don't have a lot of hope for this game. With a healthy Randy Moss, it could be one hell of a shoot-out. But even with him, I don't know how much confidence I have that we could win this.

I'm just looking for everybody's thoughts and optimism on this game. I wish I was more optimistic about this week, so maybe everybody else could point out some reasons that I should be. I will admit that while I am a huge football fan, and do watch many games every week, I don't watch the Colts a lot so I don't know a lot about them, except that they can post 50 points and also give up 50 on any given week. But I just don't see us being able to outscore them (especially without Moss) or stopping Manning very effectively. But I sure hope I'm wrong about this because I think that with a win on Monday night, our team would have as much confidence as we have had at any point this season and it would stop the discussion about us repeating a free-fall as we did last year. To bounce back from a game like yesterday with a win against the Colts would be great, but I just don't know if I see it happening. Again, I hope I'm wrong!!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Colts

If our offense can get it together, we can pick them apart, even without Randy. We jsut couldn't pick apart the Giants because of Daunte, he had an off-day, hopefully he will get back in the game though. Two things can win us the game...1. If our offense gets it together, Daunte throws accurately and makes wise decisions. Or 2. If our Defense steps up like it did against the Titans, if we can shut down their long pass plays then they are defenseless. We need Russell and Chavous to be big for this to happen, one of them needs at least one pick. This game is doable though, it would be a great way to reestablish ourselves after the giants.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Colts

I think we need to encourage Daunte to run more if Moss isn't back. The WR take the DBs long RB release and bring the LB out of the middle. Daunte up the middle as the last option. That is how we get the edge back. Open up the middle. I think that we normally take Moss deep and bring the other WR and TE across the middle for the short stuff. Clear it out.

Cheer UP vikesfan!!!!!!!

We will get it going. The Giants and the Colts aren't the end of the world. We will still be alright. We are a playoff team.

vikesfan is offline Starter

Colts

I completely agree that Daunte should run more. If he moves the chains a couple times with some big runs, the Colts might put a linebacker as a spy on him which would almost guarantee that either our TE's or RB's would be open for check-downs coming out of the backfield. Has he been discouraged from running this year, does anybody know? Because he used to run a lot more.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Colts

I agree with Kleinsasser40 - our offense is as good, if not better than, KC's, and look what kind of numbers the Chiefs put up on them! Plus, we're both dome teams... Indy's defense sucks - our is better than theirs. We can DEFINITELY win this game! Plus, the Freak is playing on Monday night!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Colts

MNF... Its going to be another great one that we have every chance at winning if our boys play like we know they can... its gonna be our test for the year... we need to pass it!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Colts

"vikesfan" wrote:
    I completely agree that Daunte should run more. If he moves the chains a couple times with some big runs, the Colts might put a linebacker as a spy on him which would almost guarantee that either our TE's or RB's would be open for check-downs coming out of the backfield. Has he been discouraged from running this year, does anybody know? Because he used to run a lot more.
    I don't think he has been discouraged but he got hurt last year and he wants to be a so called "QB" and pass the ball. But there is nothing wrong with running the ball Safely. Also, when he starts running, he has the tendency to fumble. Therefore they like him to get rid of the ball instead of trying to make something out of nothing and fumbling.

zzbudzz is offline Rookie

Colts

every time culpepper takes off running i just hold my breath ,like something bad is going to happen. :|
    who picked the colors of piss and puke for thier team colors?.....ok i ll give ya one guess

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Colts

Im guesssing with all the fumbling he used to have, the patience he has in the pocker a lot more then before and that injury against detroit last year has kept him from running a lot less.

Nothing wrong with that, after all he is having a hell of a season passing and we wouldnt want our mvp to get hurt.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a