Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

College or pro football?

I love watching pro football but I like college more. The players usually play their hearts out and play through a lot of injuries, the rivalries are classic and state pride is on the line, coaches can afford to get more creative with some of their plays, and team loyalty among the players is just stronger.

Not saying that NFL players don't play hard or that rivalries there aren't classic, or that fans aren't just as diehard. But I just enjoy watching college football more.

The exception of course is if the Vikings are playing. That trumps everything.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

College or pro football?

Pro football, definatly.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

College or pro football?

college football is great to watch, but it does not even compare to the NFL and thats just my opinon
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

College or pro football?

I could care less who wins in college football, that is why I enjoy Pros better.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: College or pro football?

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    I love watching pro football but I like college more. The players usually play their hearts out and play through a lot of injuries, the rivalries are classic and state pride is on the line, coaches can afford to get more creative with some of their plays, and team loyalty among the players is just stronger.

Not saying that NFL players don't play hard or that rivalries there aren't classic, or that fans aren't just as diehard. But I just enjoy watching college football more.

I also picked college. I like watching college games and evaluating each teams good players, as possible vikings. This is why I love the NFL draft so much, since I have seen most of the draft picks play and know what they can do. I love the NFL and spend every sunday in front of the TV watching, something I can't say about college football. I am not able to spend saturdays watching college, but I do get to see a lot of college football games, and I always watch the scores and highlights of college football games. I love both, but it is hard when all my favorite college players, go to a bunch of different NFL teams. I have so many guys I liked in college, that play for NFL teams I don't like, and that sucks. Also, there is nothing like having 100,000+ fans watching a college game. That is something you don't see in any NFL games.

Big college game today that I will be watching for sure, Michigan vs Notre dame.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

College or pro football?

Your the guy who was so exited when we got Thomas from auburn, am i right?

I always wanted to watch college ball for that same reason to watch the players that will enter the draft but there is alot of teams and players.

College or pro football?

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Your the guy who was so exited when we got Thomas from auburn, am i right?

I always wanted to watch college ball for that same reason to watch the players that will enter the draft but there is alot of teams and players.

Yep that's me. As well as mewelde, and rod davis in the 4th and 5th rounds, those were also two picks that I said were big steals.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

College or pro football?

Vikes by far! But I love the Gophers and Notre Dame too!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:

I also picked college. I like watching college games and evaluating each teams good players, as possible vikings. This is why I love the NFL draft so much, since I have seen most of the draft picks play and know what they can do. I love the NFL and spend every sunday in front of the TV watching, something I can't say about college football. I am not able to spend saturdays watching college, but I do get to see a lot of college football games, and I always watch the scores and highlights of college football games. I love both, but it is hard when all my favorite college players, go to a bunch of different NFL teams. I have so many guys I liked in college, that play for NFL teams I don't like, and that sucks. Also, there is nothing like having 100,000+ fans watching a college game. That is something you don't see in any NFL games.

Big college game today that I will be watching for sure, Michigan vs Notre dame.

I agree with you about the fans. This weekend we went up to Fayettville AR for the Razorbacks and Longhorns game. I have never seen anything like it! There were thousands of people camped out there, partying the day of the game. People in this state just eat sleep and breathe Razorback football. And the game itself was just awesome. The noise never stopped. I've been to several pro games and have been tailgaiting a couple times, but nothing compared to this. THe excitement level was just way higher.

What did you think of the Irish/Wolverines game? Darius Walker looked very good. I think he could be a great RB in the NFL.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:

I agree with you about the fans. This weekend we went up to Fayettville AR for the Razorbacks and Longhorns game. I have never seen anything like it! There were thousands of people camped out there, partying the day of the game. People in this state just eat sleep and breathe Razorback football. And the game itself was just awesome. The noise never stopped. I've been to several pro games and have been tailgaiting a couple times, but nothing compared to this. THe excitement level was just way higher.

What did you think of the Irish/Wolverines game? Darius Walker looked very good. I think he could be a great RB in the NFL.

Yeah, notre dame finally got a decent football recruit. It has ben awhile since any good offensive players have been recruited by them. He looked good against a very good michigan D, with a lot of talent.

Braylon Edwards is gonna be a really good NFL WR, but it looks like he might have a little bit of an attitude problem. He kind of seemed like a me player, instead of a team player. Just something I noticed watching this game, could be wrong though.

Overall the game pissed me off, since I am a michigan fan. There were 2 big upsets in college football yesterday, and what suprise that both teams that lost were my 2 favorite teams, michigan and K-state. Why does that always seem to happen to my favorite colege teams?

I watched the K-state game as well, and didn't get to see much of sproles, since they were down early and tried to throw the ball with their crappy QB all game long. Sproles still looks like the closest thing to barry sanders, that I have ever seen.

Did anyone see the clemson/georgia tech game, late last night? WOW! That was an awesome finish. If you didn't see it, watch sports center to see the ending, it was pretty crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast