Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Re: College Exchange

I know there are some here in the state of california, but they usually charge out of state fees

Thanks PurpleMafia

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    I always wanted to go to St. Olaf College But I live to far away! :lol:

St. Olaf College
    Because that's where your idol, Rose Nylund (from "The Golden Girls"), went to school??? :lol:
    NO!! Because they have Norwegian as a foreign language! :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    I always wanted to go to St. Olaf College But I live to far away! :lol:

St. Olaf College
    Because that's where your idol, Rose Nylund (from "The Golden Girls"), went to school??? :lol:
    NO!! Because they have Norwegian as a foreign language! :lol:
    I don't believe you...I'm sticking with what I said! :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Look for yourself! :lol:

St. Olaf Norwegian Dept.

AND they have pretty girls!!

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    Look for yourself! :lol:

St. Olaf Norwegian Dept.

AND they have pretty girls!!
    NOT BAD!

I'd give the Princess the Royal Treatment for sure! :lol:

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Just to give an update:

I originally looked into going abroad for a semester, and although I found the idea appealing, I thought 4 months overseas (I would have gone to England or Scotland) may be too much AND would be way too expensive, especially in London!

Then I looked into being a "transitional" student and attending another school for a full semester. Well, that didn't work out because my school isn't a member of the national exchange program and it would be a HUGE hassle to withdraw from my school, enroll in another school and then come back to my old school and make sure everything transferred correctly.

So I went back to the drawing board and this is what I came up with:

I have the opportunity to graduate in 3 years (because of AP Credits), all I have to do is take 9 extra credits between now and the time I graduate, which I can do over the summer and winter breaks without too much problem. Also, I have to do a senior thesis for the honors college and for departmental honors, and I NEED to start that next semester if I want to have it done by the time I start student teaching, so I can't spend a semester away because chances are I won't be able to work on it being that far away from my advisor.

So what I'm thinking is this: I'll kill two birds with one stone. I am currently trying to find a school that will accept me for a summer session (4 or 6 weeks) somewhere in Minnesota (hopefully near the TC) so that I'll be able to earn some credits towards my degree and I'll still get to be away from home for a while and get to see a new part of the country.

Not sure if ya'll care, but that's whats up!

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    Just to give an update:

I originally looked into going abroad for a semester, and although I found the idea appealing, I thought 4 months overseas (I would have gone to England or Scotland) may be too much AND would be way too expensive, especially in London!

Then I looked into being a "transitional" student and attending another school for a full semester. Well, that didn't work out because my school isn't a member of the national exchange program and it would be a HUGE hassle to withdraw from my school, enroll in another school and then come back to my old school and make sure everything transferred correctly.

I have the opportunity to graduate in 3 years (because of AP Credits), all I have to do is take 9 extra credits between now and the time I graduate, which I can do over the summer and winter breaks without too much problem. Also, I have to do a senior thesis for the honors college and for departmental honors, and I NEED to start that next semester if I want to have it done by the time I start student teaching, so I can't spend a semester away because chances are I won't be able to work on it being that far away from my advisor.

So what I'm thinking is this: I'll kill two birds with one stone. I am currently trying to find a school that will accept me for a summer session (4 or 6 weeks) somewhere in Minnesota (hopefully near the TC) so that I'll be able to earn some credits towards my degree and I'll still get to be away from home for a while and get to see a new part of the country.

Sounds like a good plan. I just finished a summer class at the local college. I will transfer those credits to my college. I had to get prior approval from my college before I took the course.

The course went from June 7 to July 13. Not to bad for an extra 3 credits towards my history BA. :lol:

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    Just to give an update:

Sounds like a good plan. I just finished a summer class at the local college. I will transfer those credits to my college. I had to get prior approval from my college before I took the course.

The course went from June 7 to July 13. Not to bad for an extra 3 credits towards my history BA. :lol:
    Is that a history BA degree to go with your BS one! :lol:

Shut up Cajun! You know what I meant, it's to hot to think straight! :lol:

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    Shut up Cajun! You know what I meant, it's to hot to think straight! :lol:
    So you are thinking ***? :lol:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast