Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

College Exchange

Does anyone know of any college programs that allow students from other universities WITHIN the states to transfer and spend a semester at another school? I've been thinking about spending a semester abroad, but I'm not really all about going overseas, but I do want to go somewhere else for a semester. If I did go elsewhere, it would probably be Minnesota, just because I'm thinking of moving there some day and I'd like to know what it's like to live there.

Does anyone know of any tuition exchange or intra-university exchange programs? I don't even know if colleges do this or not...just throwing it out there!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: College Exchange

I think it depends on the University you were looking at, I was just looking online and there isn't a general program I think you would probably have to look on the website of the school you are interested in.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Yes there is programs out there for that. Each school has it's own thing, ask at the registrars office. I'm taking a history class at the community college near my house this summer, and transfering the credits to my school.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Hrm...thanks guys! I'll have to look into it!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I know that Marquette and the other Jesuit universities have a program that guarantees that credits will transfer between schools. With most schools, though, it can be hit or miss. Some credits will transfer, some won't, and some schools may only count one credit of what would be a 3 credit class somewhere else. Also, some schools may limit the number of transfer credits that can count towards your major, and there may also be restrictions on when you can transfer credits. I know of one schools specifically that says that they won't accept transfer credits as part of your last x# of credits, basically insuring that you finish your degree at that school. Be sure to go in with schools (and classes at those schools) in mind, and get all the details ahead of time, just so nothing gets screwed up afterwards.

Also, some schools won't count the grades you get in those transfered classes towards your GPA. So, if you're running a 3.0 at your current school, and you go to Minnesota for a year and get straight 'A's, you're still going to have a 3.0, even though they count the credits. They're not going to bump it up to a 3.2 (or whatever # it would grow to).

Like I said, just get all the details before you make your decision. Hopefully this helps you know what questions to ask.

Prophet Guest

It is done all the time. The requirements can vary within a university between departments. Pick a university/program you are interested in doing this with and contact the Chair of the dept. and see what they can offer. Then discuss this with the Chair of your current dept. It isn't that uncommon.

Thanks guys! My education advisor said mostly the same thing that you guys are saying. Now I have to find schools in the TC area to look into! Any suggestions? (I'm a secondary ed, social studies/history major)

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I think you should go overseas...just think of all the HOT foreign babes that you are gonna miss out on if you stay here!!! :tongue:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I think you should go overseas...just think of all the HOT foreign babes that you are gonna miss out on if you stay here!!! :tongue:
    Ha! I've considered that too Cajun!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Depends where you go!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast