Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

    Very interesting, thanks.
    2 years ago I worked with a local canidate for the state senate. It was a special election(the former quit for personal reasons) so the whole campaign was only six weeks. I was only the treasurer but getting in even a little showed me that I would never want to run for anything. My candidate was all over the place talking to voters, and when he wasn't he was talking to his campaign people. I can't even imagine what it must be like for those that run a typical 6 month campaign, or worse the presidential candidates that start campaigning 2 years before the election. In the end though my candidate lost(as was expected) but I learned alot about the process.

  2. #22
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Very interesting, thanks.
    2 years ago I worked with a local canidate for the state senate. It was a special election(the former quit for personal reasons) so the whole campaign was only six weeks. I was only the treasurer but getting in even a little showed me that I would never want to run for anything. My candidate was all over the place talking to voters, and when he wasn't he was talking to his campaign people. I can't even imagine what it must be like for those that run a typical 6 month campaign, or worse the presidential candidates that start campaigning 2 years before the election. In the end though my candidate lost(as was expected) but I learned alot about the process.
    In my first campaign. Where I worked for a candidate for the European Parliament, I were on the Campaign for 10-12 months.

    I were a paid campaigner for the final app. 5 months. That was a long time. I think I'd go a little crazy if I did it all the time.

    Did I mention too that in all my campaigns, I have so far always gotten my candidate elected.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  3. #23
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Very interesting, thanks.
    2 years ago I worked with a local canidate for the state senate. It was a special election(the former quit for personal reasons) so the whole campaign was only six weeks. I was only the treasurer but getting in even a little showed me that I would never want to run for anything. My candidate was all over the place talking to voters, and when he wasn't he was talking to his campaign people. I can't even imagine what it must be like for those that run a typical 6 month campaign, or worse the presidential candidates that start campaigning 2 years before the election. In the end though my candidate lost(as was expected) but I learned alot about the process.
    In my first campaign. Where I worked for a candidate for the European Parliament, I were on the Campaign for 10-12 months.

    I were a paid campaigner for the final app. 5 months. That was a long time. I think I'd go a little crazy if I did it all the time.

    Did I mention too that in all my campaigns, I have so far always gotten my candidate elected.
    Have you ever thought about running yourself? You've got my vote, but I probably don't get a vote.

  4. #24
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Very interesting, thanks.
    2 years ago I worked with a local canidate for the state senate. It was a special election(the former quit for personal reasons) so the whole campaign was only six weeks. I was only the treasurer but getting in even a little showed me that I would never want to run for anything. My candidate was all over the place talking to voters, and when he wasn't he was talking to his campaign people. I can't even imagine what it must be like for those that run a typical 6 month campaign, or worse the presidential candidates that start campaigning 2 years before the election. In the end though my candidate lost(as was expected) but I learned alot about the process.
    In my first campaign. Where I worked for a candidate for the European Parliament, I were on the Campaign for 10-12 months.

    I were a paid campaigner for the final app. 5 months. That was a long time. I think I'd go a little crazy if I did it all the time.

    Did I mention too that in all my campaigns, I have so far always gotten my candidate elected.
    Have you ever thought about running yourself? You've got my vote, but I probably don't get a vote.
    I did take some serious consideration to it at one point. But it takes a lot of support, and hard work, and at this point I have definitively decided against it.

    Right now I'll be heading for some administrative job instead hopefully.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  5. #25
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

    Thanks for the update cogs!
    Enjoyed it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #26
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

    "cogitans" wrote:
    I hope you got a little out of my little campaign story. I’m sure I left some things out here and there, so if you’re interested don’t hesitate to ask questions.
    Very interesting Cogs!
    Might help some folks here if you could outline the how the parliamentary system works in Denmark - especially national vs. local government.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #27
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I hope you got a little out of my little campaign story. I’m sure I left some things out here and there, so if you’re interested don’t hesitate to ask questions.
    Very interesting Cogs!
    Might help some folks here if you could outline the how the parliamentary system works in Denmark - especially national vs. local government.

    =Z=
    I could do that. What we had an election for here were the National Parliament. From that the Government is formed by negative parliamentarism. The Parliament passes all laws set forth by the government by simple majority.

    We have two other levels of government. A regional level that mainly deals with health care, and a local level that runs schools, retirement homes, make city plans etc.

    That's the basic structure.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  8. #28
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,457

    Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

    Is this a political thread?
    ;D
    J/K

    Nice work Cog.
    Very interesting read.

    WWBGD

  9. #29
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,776
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I hope you got a little out of my little campaign story. I’m sure I left some things out here and there, so if you’re interested don’t hesitate to ask questions.
    Very interesting Cogs!
    Might help some folks here if you could outline the how the parliamentary system works in Denmark - especially national vs. local government.

    =Z=
    I could do that. What we had an election for here were the National Parliament. From that the Government is formed by negative parliamentarism. The Parliament passes all laws set forth by the government by simple majority.

    We have two other levels of government. A regional level that mainly deals with health care, and a local level that runs schools, retirement homes, make city plans etc.

    That's the basic structure.
    very interesting posts Cogs and congratulations. Sounds as if the national and local government levels work similar to the UK
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  10. #30
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

    That's pretty cool Cogs!

    Good luck!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with cogitans ...
    By BadlandsVikings in forum PP.O's Who Are They Really?
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 09:24 AM
  2. Happy Birthday cogitans!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 04:16 PM
  3. Happy Birthday, Cogitans!
    By Zeus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 04:18 PM
  4. Congratz cogitans on 4,000!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 10:29 PM
  5. Congratz cogitans on 2,000!!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 12:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •