Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Cogitans' campaign thread

Very interesting, thanks.
    2 years ago I worked with a local canidate for the state senate. It was a special election(the former quit for personal reasons) so the whole campaign was only six weeks. I was only the treasurer but getting in even a little showed me that I would never want to run for anything. My candidate was all over the place talking to voters, and when he wasn't he was talking to his campaign people. I can't even imagine what it must be like for those that run a typical 6 month campaign, or worse the presidential candidates that start campaigning 2 years before the election. In the end though my candidate lost(as was expected) but I learned alot about the process.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    2 years ago I worked with a local canidate for the state senate. It was a special election(the former quit for personal reasons) so the whole campaign was only six weeks. I was only the treasurer but getting in even a little showed me that I would never want to run for anything. My candidate was all over the place talking to voters, and when he wasn't he was talking to his campaign people. I can't even imagine what it must be like for those that run a typical 6 month campaign, or worse the presidential candidates that start campaigning 2 years before the election. In the end though my candidate lost(as was expected) but I learned alot about the process.
    In my first campaign. Where I worked for a candidate for the European Parliament, I were on the Campaign for 10-12 months.

I were a paid campaigner for the final app. 5 months. That was a long time. I think I'd go a little crazy if I did it all the time.

Did I mention too that in all my campaigns, I have so far always gotten my candidate elected.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"cogitans" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    In my first campaign. Where I worked for a candidate for the European Parliament, I were on the Campaign for 10-12 months.

I were a paid campaigner for the final app. 5 months. That was a long time. I think I'd go a little crazy if I did it all the time.

Did I mention too that in all my campaigns, I have so far always gotten my candidate elected.
    Have you ever thought about running yourself? You've got my vote, but I probably don't get a vote.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Have you ever thought about running yourself? You've got my vote, but I probably don't get a vote.
    I did take some serious consideration to it at one point. But it takes a lot of support, and hard work, and at this point I have definitively decided against it.

Right now I'll be heading for some administrative job instead hopefully.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the update cogs!
    Enjoyed it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    I hope you got a little out of my little campaign story. I’m sure I left some things out here and there, so if you’re interested don’t hesitate to ask questions.
    Very interesting Cogs!
    Might help some folks here if you could outline the how the parliamentary system works in Denmark - especially national vs. local government.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I hope you got a little out of my little campaign story. I’m sure I left some things out here and there, so if you’re interested don’t hesitate to ask questions.
    Very interesting Cogs!
    Might help some folks here if you could outline the how the parliamentary system works in Denmark - especially national vs. local government.

=Z=
    I could do that. What we had an election for here were the National Parliament. From that the Government is formed by negative parliamentarism. The Parliament passes all laws set forth by the government by simple majority.

We have two other levels of government. A regional level that mainly deals with health care, and a local level that runs schools, retirement homes, make city plans etc.

That's the basic structure.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Is this a political thread?
    ;D
    J/K

Nice work Cog.
    Very interesting read.

WWBGD

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Very interesting Cogs!

=Z=
    I could do that. What we had an election for here were the National Parliament. From that the Government is formed by negative parliamentarism. The Parliament passes all laws set forth by the government by simple majority.

We have two other levels of government. A regional level that mainly deals with health care, and a local level that runs schools, retirement homes, make city plans etc.

That's the basic structure.
    very interesting posts Cogs and congratulations. Sounds as if the national and local government levels work similar to the UK
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

That's pretty cool Cogs!

Good luck!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast