Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Club Soccer Power Rankings

Pretty cool link. Chelsea is # 1 in the world according to SI.Com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jonah_freedman/07/27/rankings/index.html

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Club Soccer Power Rankings

I love this at the bottom:

Honorable mentions: Real Madrid, Libertad, Valencia, Atlético Madrid, FC Porto, Werder Bremen, PSV Eindhoven, D.C. United (yes, D.C. United)
    Sorry.. But no North American team deserves to be in a global football power ranking, even with the supposed second-coming-of-Christ-Freddy-Adu playing for them. And what's that about?! The kid's an attacking midfielder/forward but if he doesn't defend he gets benched?! Seriously.. If your inside forward is expected to defend then you've got problems.

Sorry about that.

Anyway, I don't see why Javier Saviola is a key acquisition for Barca. He was there to begin with and went out on loan, and it's also the world's worst-kept secret that Barca want rid of him and he wants out. He would've gone to Arsenal if they put in a bid for his services. It's certainly flattering to see Chelsea, Arsenal AND Liverpool up there.. But no Manchester United? Sure their European form wasn't amazing last season but you still can't count them out, their experience alone is enough to beat most teams. It's also interesting to see Sao Paolo below Liverpool despite the fact when the played last December, Sao Paolo won 1-0. And they were both playing full-strength sides. Now I know that was almost 9 months ago, but it should still factor into the calculations.

I like that Lyon are third. They're a very under-rated side in every country in Europe that isn't named France.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, I agree that Man U should be there. Also I was also shocked that DC United is an Honorable Mention. In regards to the top 10, what about PSV? I think they deserve higher

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I'm never that sure how to evaluate Dutch clubs.. We need Mr-holland in here to help us out on that! :lol: